HOW THE DAY SHOULD HAVE WENT

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round 1 - Pick #24 - Aaron Rodgers-QB-Cal

Round 2 - Pick #51 - Dan Cody-DL-Oklahoma

Round 2 - Pick #58 - Channing Crowder-LB-Florida

Round 3 - Pick #89 - Ernest Shazor-S-Michigan

This would have been an awesome first day.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it had great promise...Rodgers went from a "QB of the future" pick to an "oh no, all we got was a freaking QB of the future" pick.

I was satisfied with Rodgers at #24...would've taken Justin Tuck at #51...Channing Crowder is a no brainer at #58...and I'll take Antaaj Hawthorne at #89--however we did get decent value by trading the 89th pick, two fourth round picks in a draft where a lot of talent fell thru the cracks--not that "talent" is a prerequesite for being drafted, as we've seen already

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's amazing all the scouts we have on this forum. You all should contact NFL teams and get some cash for your much desired talent.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
It can't just be coincidence that all the guys listed above have been in people's mock drafts for weeks now is it? Nah! Is it b'c they're from big schools that we see play every Sat. Nah! These guys must be the next Pro Bowlers. Any one sense the sarcasm.

I do!! I DO!!

What do I win?? :D

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
It's amazing all the scouts we have on this forum. You all should contact NFL teams and get some cash for your much desired talent.
Actually, Slick - If you go read the Packers.com page - you'd see a link for what choices were predicted by the Media and then a listing for whom Packerfans would have rather seen.... And, those names mentioned here MATCH that listing....

The only one left, is Hawthorne - which may not be there after all....
The odd thing is - example - Tom Brady was a FIFTH round choice!!

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:

last time i checked, this was a fan forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
SlickVision said:

last time i checked, this was a fan forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You check? And it is, and I gave mine. What is your point?

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
sixone220 said:
SlickVision said:

my point is quit acting like a **** everytime someone says something negative about the packers draft picks. no one here claims to be a scout. no one claims to be an expert. no one wants you to take a resume over to harlan. this is a forum created for fans to voice their opinions, whether good or bad, regarding the packers and everything involving the packers. everyone here has the right to 2nd guess each and every pick. just because you want to take the wait and see approach if these guys can play or not, i still want to voice my displeasure with the timing of the choices. of course when they pull that green and gold over their heads, i'll be cheering for them, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't have rather had other players at those picks. you can come on this board and post that you are fine with the picks and you trust TT and i can come on here and say otherwise. that's my point.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with Hawthorne at this point...(????)
Obvious all teams think Ernest Shazor is too slow.... He would have been gone by now!

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everything i read said teams think that he is careless cuz of his smoking weed when he knew he would be tested.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
SlickVision said:
sixone220 said:
SlickVision said:

my point is quit acting like a **** everytime someone says something negative about the packers draft picks. no one here claims to be a scout. no one claims to be an expert. no one wants you to take a resume over to harlan. this is a forum created for fans to voice their opinions, whether good or bad, regarding the packers and everything involving the packers. everyone here has the right to 2nd guess each and every pick. just because you want to take the wait and see approach if these guys can play or not, i still want to voice my displeasure with the timing of the choices. of course when they pull that green and gold over their heads, i'll be cheering for them, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't have rather had other players at those picks. you can come on this board and post that you are fine with the picks and you trust TT and i can come on here and say otherwise. that's my point.

You're a total hypocrite. Telling me its a forum with opinion then telling me I can't give mine.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone got an info on the guy we took in the 5th round I don't see anything I would have thought instead of taking another corner we would add some depth to the d-line.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this guy was out of football for two years and we are using a pick to draft him are you kidding me it looks like he has got good size but why not use a pick in the 7th round for him??

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we could have got Hawthorne to start out the 6th round and we traded down are we really going to get anybody that even makes the team with another pick in the 7th round??

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Hawthorne's gone...... kiss that one goodbye!

And just to add a slight side note...

Any of you notice that everytime the Pack is gettin ready to pick ESPN goes to commercial?
Talk about dis-respect by the network for a small town team.... or is that just me?

Members online

Latest posts