How Should TT Approach the draft

How should TT apporoach FA

• Slow and Steady (No Big Names small bit players)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smart but agressive(Find one or two impact players)

• Nothing (Should concentrate on signing what he currently has)

• Total voters
OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going for the Smart but aggresive option sign one or two big namers and other bit parts. Dont over extend but make a team that can compete

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont want any huge names that cost millons of dollers but i dont want all small names that no one has heard of

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smart, but aggressive.

See if you can sign a guy like Witherspoon to help the linebackers, and make a pitch for Hope. Both players have some good football in front of them, and would help our defense a lot.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As trom pointed out, this is a loaded question, favoring "Smart but aggressive." ("Dumb and passive," anyone?) I don't know if Thompson has ever had such a high draft position to play with before, but I do hope that he makes the most of it and snags a couple of big-time players. He downplays free agency all the time in his interviews, and if he's telling the truth about that (I'm still not sure if he is), he should move boldly in the draft.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well not as simple as you think Trom TT didnt exactly light up the boards last year in FA either. Was more of a slow and steady approach. Listen sorry I loaded the responses( Which I dont think I did.) Some people do prefer TT go slow so prefer fast and so have the naaa I will pass atttiude and sign what we got.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
99% of the people think TT is afraid of FA, or hate FA..

so naturally when you have a 'smart and aggressive' option...yeah...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..

"Dumb and passive" was the Sherman approach....

(Sorry..couldn't resist that one..!)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is going to be a ton of talent in this years free agent pool, hopefully we will be able to lock in a couple of top notch players.

This years draft seems to be rich in talent on the defensive side, I would really like TT be aggresive in signing any top notch O Lineman that has been released due to other teams cap problems, but not get into a bidding war with another team and end up overpaying someone.

Hopefully he learned from last year, it all starts with a solid O-line, I believe the players we need to make the line top notch again will be there to have in free agency.

Then concentrate on the defensive side of things early in the draft.

If we are lucky, we will be able to get two good starters in free agency and if we are real lucky we will get an impact player in the first round of the draft and one other starter in a later round.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT doesn't manage to get at least two solid players from FA, with all the money in hand + the larger than usual crop of FAs, he should be impeached at once. I can understand being careful with the money, but we'll NEVER have as much again, in all likelihood. He will, IMO, make or break his legacy in his 2nd year, unfair as that may sound. He won't need $20-$25mil to sign his draft picks. Use it or lose it!

Members online

Latest posts