1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How serious is an enlarged left atrium? What is the treatment for it?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ambrognalez, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Ambrognalez

Ambrognalez Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been experiencing dizziness and some minor chest pain recently along with double vision. I went to the doctor and was given an 8 point EKG. The EKG machine said I had an enlarged atrium and I am going to have a chest X-ray then to a cardiologist. I would like to know what the treatment is for this condition, and how serious it is.

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    I dunno how serious the atrium is since I've never been there.
    Heard it's nice though.
    They do give the employees the days off during the playoffs and the Super Bowl which I think is nice treatment for them.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    I dont know anything about this

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    Did they enlarge the atrium when they did the renovations or was it a totally new thing?
    In any case, it's good to have an enlarged atrium so that it can hold tons of people to meet in there and reconnect and chat and stuff.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
  6. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    It's probably an issue with your mitral valve. If do, it can be replaced, and depending in the type of prosthetic, it could last 10-15 years. They could put you on a medication to slow your heart rate (this allows your left venticle to fill more so it can pump more blood to the body). As long as you don't develop an arrhythmia or a clot in the dilated atrium, there's nothing emergently wrong.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Im happy this was part of the Lambeau renovations. The Atrium is awesome!

j/k

Maybe you should ask a DR and not random Packer fans? Good luck regardless though

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    These are questions you should be asking your doctor. Try writing a list before calling and/ or going in for a consult. That way you won't forget anything you wanted to ask when you are in there. This can get overwhelming. You may also want to bring a friend or loved one with you as backup. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, but you have a right to be informed and to have access to any information regarding your diagnosis and treatment. Staying informed is the best thing you can do!!! In the meantime, I'll say a prayer for you for sure!

You can also try WebMD - Better information. Better health. for research.

That's obviously not to be considered a replacement for medical advice from a doctor.

Good luck to you and hopefully all will be well!!! Maybe it's something even as simple as changing your diet around. Maybe they can monitor your salt, sugar, fat or cholesterol intake? I dunno, just grasping at straws here....

9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Strange first post - asking medical advice on a Packer Forum. Probably has a range of severity associated with the problem. That is, only your doctor who has seen the results can really answer your question.

Good luck.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Have you tried using the belt? I hear that cures just about everything.

• Like Like x 2