How many Packer fans knew this?

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry - I don't buy it. Seems to be one of those legends that grew from someone saying it many years ago. If they were the Appleton Packers they would still have a G on there? Does the C on the Bears helmet stand for Craptastic?

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew it stands for greatness. It is fun living in the Chicago area (south suburbs) and talking to Bear's fans who say they know all about the rivalry, yet they always assume that the G stands for Green Bay. I usually just tell them it stands for Greg.(my name)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that really true?
I always thought it stood for "Green Bay."
Hello google my friend.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I didn't know that..Now I can pretend I always did, and mock others that don't. What kinda Packer fan doesn't know what the "G" stands for..? Yeah thats who I am..

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a toilet seat that was in the shape of the C on the Bears helmets.

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 149

BrettStarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought it was for Green Bay too. That's an awesome post. I have the G tattooed on my arm. Good to know it stands for "Greatness"!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

More proof that no one reads my posts...LOL. Posted this on Jan 21st on Bears-Packers Game Day thread. So, I'll add something to the fable of the "G"...what two colleges asked permission from the Packers to use the "G" design on their schools helmets? Heck, I won't make you look it up. Georgia and Grambling.

EDIT: Go to this site and watch a video, even current players don't know what the "G" stands for.http://packersuniforms.blogspot.com/

Also, Curly Lambeau used the blue and gold colors early on due to his fondness for Notre Dame;whereas Halas choose blue and orange to represent the University of Illinois. I have researched all the websites I could find on the history of uniforms and I can't find "Green and Yellow" anywhere!!! It's Green and Gold.

Members online

Latest posts