How many more wins...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...are we going to have to get before the media actually believes we have a good team. Last time I saw, 5-1 is a somewhat decent record, but maybe I'm wrong. Of course, most of the attention we were going to get after beating the Redskins was about Favre breaking the INT record. I understand that it needs to be acknowledged. It is a record, and its not a good one to have. I knew people were going to jump off the bandwagon after our first loss, but I never thought it would be as bad as it was after losing to the Bears. I mean, 5-1 IS a great record, right?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHO CARES? What the media thinks?

We know that the Packers are legit. We are the fans.
I personally think that its great that the Packers get no respect form the media. It keeps them motivated and the rest of everybody else on their heels.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I personally think that its great that the Packers get no respect form the media. It keeps them motivated and the rest of everybody else on their heels.

What fans think about their favorite team is irrelevant. No one goes to a Bears website to see what kind of team the Bears really are. Philly fans still think the Eagles are the best team in the league. What I'm saying is the Packers don't get coverage like the Cowboys do, and we have the same record. I'm not talking about the media's opinions.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

What fans think about their favorite team is irrelevant. No one goes to a Bears website to see what kind of team the Bears really are. Philly fans still think the Eagles are the best team in the league. What I'm saying is the Packers don't get coverage like the Cowboys do, and we have the same record. I'm not talking about the media's opinions.

I understand your point but it IS the media's opinion that determines the coverage that we get. I think we've done well considering all the negative hype about us coming into the season.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have a great team, but I find they remind me of the Saints of last year. The are putting up the wins, and sometimes you think that the wheels are bound to fall off at some point, but they don't. Thank god for the defence. I don't ever remember a team with such a one-dimesional offence being 5-1.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer the unnoticed underdog role personally. Let them keep on ripping our team all the way to the playoffs. Hopefully that will keep the chip on the players' shoulders so they know that they must claw and fight for every win.

We just went 5-1 against 5 playoff teams from last year and one team that was 3-1. These were extremely tough opponents, much more so than the NE schedule thusfar. The problem is that none of the analysts thought we'd be good, and since they are the experts, we must suck. There are a ton of lazy @$$ reporting sports that know less about this team than we do, so why does their opinion matter?

As for the TV coverage -- just having Favre starting with a winning team is enough to bring out a ton of views. That matters more than a bad comment from the 'experts'.

GO PACK GO!!!

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The media, and statistics are for losers. The "shoulda, coulda, woulda" gang. The good teams that believe in themselves find ways to win, even when they have an off day. I think this years Packers are starting to believe in themselves and the coaching staff and thus are winning. When you start to get this attitude, you play just a bit harder, give just a bit more on each play. Losing is contagious, and so is winning. Sure, they aren't going to win them all, but as Nathaniel said, "5-1 ain't bad."

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the media thinks doesn't matter whatsoever. I dont even know that half of the media is giving any respcect to the fact that the Rockies have won 20 of there last 21 games! We are going under the radar...Which is good. Espicially for a young team like us.

Pack504

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what the media says

I thinking maybe 13-3 or 12-4 with losses to Denver, Dallas, and Detroit at Detroit, and a swing game being Carolina

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Bozz, I just think too many of us get involved with being Monday Morning QB's. The players and coaches are already focusing on the next game.

My Montana Grizzlies are a good example of what I meant by good teams find a way to win. They are 6-0 and #1 in the FCS rankings, but they have squeaked out wins the last three weeks by stepping it up and making things happen. Last week it took a 4th down miracle catch and then a 50 yard FG to beat Eastern Washington and this past Sat. an interception for a 45 yd TD to beat Sacramento State. The Griz offense is not good, but the Defense has stepped it up and caused turnovers that have won games for them.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game at a time.

Let the media say what they want to say. They doubted the Colts last year and look what happen. They doubted the Steelers the year before and look what happen.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
montanabob, i've thought it before, but today i'm going to say it (type it). i like you, fella.
Bob IS a good man!!! I was fortunate enough to actually meet him face to face!
Anyway.........i think some of the "experts" are still hoping the Packers fall flat, so that they can bang their chests and say how right they were. And like i said months ago, if we do great and make the "experts" look bad, they convieniently forget how they said we would suck, and go onto something else. Very few of them will fess up and admit how wrong they were.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Media is a joke, I think the only guys I like listening to in the media is on Around the Horn, because you get so many different viewpoints.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I hope the Packers do look ahead, instead just focus on going 1-0 in the next game..

I hope the media makes up reasons to doubt the Packers... we will get enough respect because we are 5-1 but let them focus on "crowning" another NFC team..

I get to the point of not listening to any of the "talking heads" too much.. Peter King and the small locals covering the team have more realistic imput than any of the nationals do..

We control our own fate with the good start.. that is enough for me.

Members online

Latest posts