How many games will we win?

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey who here thinks that we are going to win less than eight games this year? I am looking at the teams that we play and sense we have no defense a lot of teams that we play will probably out score us.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IF you really believe that you are going to LOSE the game, WHY PLAY?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1,

Last I checked we don't play the games. We are the fans that are able to make predictions freely. If that's your prediction based on what you see thats fine.

I could see the Pack win as little as 6 and as many as 10.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Obi1,

Last I checked we don't play the games. We are the fans that are able to make predictions freely. If that's your prediction based on what you see thats fine.

I as a FAN believe that we will WIN EVERYGAME that I watch. IF I played the game, I would go into the game believing that we are going to WIN.

THat is what I mean by my post.

YOU believe what YOU want to.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I am a little bit more realistic. I go into games hoping the Pack will win, but at times feeling that they could lose, last year's playoff game is an example of that. I thought we should and could win but I also thought that there was a chance we could lose, especially after the 2 nail bitter games during the regular season against the Vikes.

Interestingly enough all three games had a direct Longwell connection. Without him we may not have won the 2 regular season games and in the playoff game if he had not missed a FG the game could have been different (not that I am in any way blaming him for the playoff loss).

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are too many variables to really guage how the Pack will do this year. New "D' coach, new "D" players, new "D" scheme. And the list goes on... Sure the NFL has made the Packs bid for another Super bowl seem like a long shot, but they 've been doing that every year since the Pack won in the ninties. We've been a little spoiled because the Pack hasn't had a loosing season since. 8&8 is the worse they have done in ten years. All we can do is watch and give the Pack our best support. We are Packer fans. GO PACK!!!

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that they will have the ability to win every game, but will probably end up 11 and 5.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi's right - I want to win EVERY game.....

But the Packers proving they can do it to their nemisis, the Eagles... is an interesting question! Same thing with the upgraded Vikings and Lions... oh my! The Bears? Well....aaaah! Not worried!!! Rex Grossman will really have to step up or get out, for that team to gel properly.

I say the Pack will go 11-5 - - take the Division again (haha Mike Tice) - Home Field advantage - and go on to the NFC Championship game, at least. After that - no predictions less we cause a curse to be rendered!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A simple question requires a simple answer.

.................GB
Lions--------W
Browns------W
Bucs---------W
Panthers----L
Saints-------W
Vikes--------L(metrodump)
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----W
Falcons------L
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------L
Bears--------W
Lions---------W
Ravens------L
Bears--------W
Seahawks---W

11-5 NFC N Champions.......again....

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bold prediction by Cali stating that the Pack will sweep the Lions and the Bears.

The Steelers and Saints games worry me.

3-4 losses could come within the 6 games played against the Bears, Lions, Steelers and Saints.

Like I said earlier I predict as little as 6 wins but no more than 10.

Our Defensive line-up could put any of the games on the schedule in doubt.

Cali, I see you have listed no losses to any bad teams. Almost every team in the league loses 1 or 2 games to a horsesh#t team. Look at the Pats against Miami last year. We did it against Tennessee last year.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RY- you are correct that we have had our share of losses to teams that we need to blow out but generally keep around or play to their level. i.e. AZ 2 years ago and Bears at home last year. I think with MS solely coaching he should be able to have a great deal of success motivating these guys and getting them fired up. When we had our early skid last year, it appeared that they were playing so flat, w/o Jackson, and just going through the motions. As much as the Steelers are a threat I see our D vs the run pretty good. Ben won't beat us through the air at our home(I pray). The rare win for the Bears will be countered this year, and Bret seems to thrive in CHI. I know what you mean with the Saints. Our D typically has more of a problem with the mobile QB, hence my Falcons pick. Arron Brooks definitely could pose a problem. Who knows what will happen or who'll even be healthy when any of these games start? I'm optimistic that's for sure! But these are all teams we can beat, whether we do or not.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:

.................GB
Lions--------W
Browns------W
Bucs---------W
Panthers----L
Saints-------W
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----W
Falcons------L
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------L
Bears--------W
Lions---------W
Ravens------L
Bears--------W
Seahawks---W

Do you really think the Packers will go 5-1 in the division? Every team but the Packers improved and they lost to the Bears and the Vikings last year. They can easily go 8-8 and that is if they are healthy all year. Favre is at that age when every injury can linger all season long and if he goes down for even a couple of games they will lose. This division will be tight.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben won't beat us through the air at our home(I pray).
Did you catch the Playoff game last year :shock:... it could be bad if they start strong and pick our weak secondary apart.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:

.................GB
Lions--------W
Browns------W
Bucs---------W
Panthers----L
Saints-------W
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----W
Falcons------L
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------L
Bears--------W
Lions---------W
Ravens------L
Bears--------W
Seahawks---W

I think you might need to toss in one or two loses to the Lions or Bears.....re your sig: I'm working on the fat part, but the other two aren't bad at all! :D :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Robin Yount said:
Obi1,

I as a FAN believe that we will WIN EVERYGAME that I watch. IF I played the game, I would go into the game believing that we are going to WIN.

THat is what I mean by my post.

YOU believe what YOU want to.

You can believe that we will WIN EVERYGAME but that will not make it happen now will it? I can go to Las Vegas and believe that I will WIN EVERYGAME but I will probably come home empty handed.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if I had a crystal ball this is what I see going down. I know it might be wrong but hey you have to be optimistic.

Lions--------W
Browns------W
Bucs---------W
Panthers----W
Saints-------W
Vikes--------L
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----L
Falcons------W(revenge)
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------W
Bears--------L (letdown after the Eagles Win)
Lions---------W
Ravens------W
Bears--------W
Seahawks---L(Key starters sitting out second half)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
calicheesehead said:

.................GB
Lions--------W
Browns------W
Bucs---------W
Panthers----L
Saints-------W
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----W
Falcons------L
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------L
Bears--------W
Lions---------W
Ravens------L
Bears--------W
Seahawks---W

Do you really think the Packers will go 5-1 in the division? Every team but the Packers improved and they lost to the Bears and the Vikings last year. They can easily go 8-8 and that is if they are healthy all year. Favre is at that age when every injury can linger all season long and if he goes down for even a couple of games they will lose. This division will be tight.

Packers SWEPT the Vikings in Regular season and LOST only in the playoffs.

This year they will go 6-0.

OP
OP
A

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I would love to believe that the Pack will win every game of the season. and as a fan of course that is what i would love to see. but just because you want somthing to happen doesnt mean that it will happen. of course i want them to win every game. but hey i also want Favre to go through this whole season without throwing an INT but i dont think that is gona happen. I just dont see the packers beating any team who has a better offense than the packers do.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.................GB
Lions--------L
Browns------W
Bucs---------L
Panthers----W
Saints-------W
Vikes--------L
Bengals-----W
Steelers-----L
Falcons------L
Vikes--------W
Eagles-------W
Bears--------W
Lions---------W
Ravens------L
Bears--------W
Seahawks---W

I'll go 10-6...Good bet. We'll finish strong, as always. I'll also go with a nice record in the div...One lose to the vikes, and one lose to the Lions when they're all hyped up on opening day. I don't think we'll let the Bears catch us napping again. :twisted:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ameuret said:
Hey I would love to believe that the Pack will win every game of the season. and as a fan of course that is what i would love to see. but just because you want somthing to happen doesnt mean that it will happen. of course i want them to win every game. but hey i also want Favre to go through this whole season without throwing an INT but i dont think that is gona happen. I just dont see the packers beating any team who has a better offense than the packers do.

And until Favre throws his first INT, he has thrown 0. Care to wager On which play of which game that will happen?

Until Packers lose, they are undefeated... And that is the way they will be until their first loss... Whenever that may be.

MY prediction is AS unrealistic as a Bears fan predicting 3 wins, a Packer fan predicting 8 wins or Steal wheels and p@ck 66 predicting this as Sherman's last year... AND Just as REALISTIC.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty close cali
@ Det........W
Clev..........W
TB.............W
@Car.........L (they want to make up for last season)
NO............W
@MN......... W (GB has a faster def now and will play the better on the rug)
@Cin.........L (GB seems to struggle at times vs AFC on the road)
Pitt............L
@Atl..........L
MN............W
@Phil.........L
@Chi.........W
Det...........W
@Balt........W
Chi...........W
Sea..........W
11-5

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What everyone is forgetting about is the annual 3 or 4 game skid we will go on when Grady is out. He is 102 years old for frick sake and hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2001 (2002 - 15 games. 2003 - 15 games, but started only 7 of 15. 1 of 8 for the Pack. 2004 - 10 games). His chances of playing all 16 games is 0. Speaking of bets, that is probably one of the safest predictions to bet on.

Hopefully that skid is early in the year and against tough competition, which we may have lost against anyway, not slouches that we should beat. If that occurs we could easily see only 6 to 8 wins. If he stays healthy (IF), we should lose no more than 8 games (probably less).

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As few as 6, no more than 9. Our defense is still a mess and Bates can only do what the players do. This will be the third defensive coordinator in 3 years and Donatelli was a good one that had nothing to work with. I think we go 3-3 in our division, every other team improved itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts