1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

How many games will we win?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ameuret, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey CC, I know you think the Packers are that much better than the Bears that you simply dismiss the second game. That's confidence! 15-0 is a pretty good record, too. :D

2. kemosabe

kemosabe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be wise to see how the Packers look in preseason before making any predictions. We don't even know who will be playing what positions. D is critical.

3. ameuret

ameuret Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man you cant go by preseason. Who cares what happens in preseason. the only reason I watch preseason games is because it is FOOTBALL!!! and I hold my breathe the whole time thinking that Favre will get hurt :(

4. kemosabe

kemosabe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It will give us an idea who the Packers will be using on defense and how they look. How can you make a prediction on the season when you don't even know who will be starting on D?

5. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the pack will go 14-2 with one loss to the Viqueens and one to the Lions everyone else will be our b$tches. GO PACK GO

6. bleedinpurple

bleedinpurple Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The home stretch of the last nine games beginning with the Steelers could be a tough one for Green Bay fans. I can see the pack giving away 6 of these nine if the force isn't with them. The last couple years the home field advantage hasn

7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    8-8. Get ready for a trip back in time to the 70's and 80's Packer fans. The Packers are getting old and have lost some key players. The rest of the division is younger and will have a lot more talent in the years to come. If you think that 8-8 is bad just wait until Favre calls it quits.

8. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

9. bleedinpurple

bleedinpurple Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just don't see 8-8 doing it for you this year. But what the hay, disagreement, rivalry, competition, and anticipation are what makes the game great. With that said, I'm not going to start in with some vikes vs. pack tough talk, even though I'm cautiously optimistic that this is the Vikes year. I think both of our teams could be sitting around in January watching the Lions in the playoffs. They are about a 1/2 a quarterback away from having a top 3 offence. Everyone just gets so used to Detroit screwing up the second half of their season that they are hard to take serious even when you know you should. Both the Pack and the Vikes best watch the back door to see that a lion doesn't sneak in. The lions may think that they have home field Super bowl advantage to play for and accidentally play up to their potential.

10. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The Lions may not have to sneak in any back doors. They may turn out to be the best team in the division.

Do not ignore the Lions and don't be surprised...

11. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this is personal, this is the one thing that CAN NOT happen in 2005...they HAVE TO beat those freakin Eagles. Where I live, I'm sick of "E-A-G-L-E-S..." all that crap. I'm sick of my friends "yo man packers lost to the eagles again, thats three times" The two losses in the '03-04 season were ones where Sherman was awarded the dunce cap afterwards...the loss last year, the team really did not want to win...

Thanksgiving weekend, it's a critical part of the season, hopefully this win boosts the Packers to 8-4 or 9-3 and puts them in the drivers seat for the NFC North...hopefullythis drops the Eagles to 6-6 or 5-7, dimming their playoff hopes...in what I sure hope is an injury riddled, dissapointing TO-LESS season for the Birds, wow that would make my year

I'm trying to find tickets (and money for that matter) to go to Lincoln to see this game

12. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That may be true for the guy's who are picking the Packers to win 10 or more games.

The Packers D is going to the dance with who is on the roster now. There will be no high profile FA and I really don't see any draft picks that are going to make that big a difference. Jim Bates can only do so much.

Judging from who is on the roster now I think it is safe to say the Packers will be 8-8 (plus or minus one).

13. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Oh Yeah just like you predicted last year and the year before...RIGHT?

14. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Im thinking 10-6 vikefan.

15. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL! That comment had be spitting water all over the keyboard! :lol:

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

16. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think playing an away game on a short week after the Monday Night game against the cheap shot Vikings (who get on national TV thanks to Packers) is a lot to ask. I think the Packers use up a lot of emotion against the Vikings and are flat against the Eagles.

It will help because the Packers will be up for the playoff game against the Eagles and the Eagles will be overconfident in January.

You may not like it but the time and location of the game favor the Eagles. I hope your right but for now I stick with my opinion.

17. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Cheez - You now they're just playin the same card they did with us against the Cowboys.
    Simply stackin' the deck, is all... After '95 - we were able to get that monkey off our back - maybe this year we get this one off, as well.

18. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

19. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I B Prez you are incorrect. The Packers losing a regular season game in 1996 to the Cowboys. The situations are not similar.

The Eagles can be beat. I think they out gameplanned us last season. McNabb threw very quick passes. Most were 1 step drops. We continued to play soft in the defensive secondary in this situation. Our defense did not adjust. We are not that far removed from the 03 playoff game where we outplayed them until committing some critical errors.

I'm saying on a short week we have LESS TIME to prepare due to Monday Night and travel to Filthydelphia. The Monday Night game is against the Vikings which is a more important and emotional game. We are more likely to be EMOTIONALLY DRAINED. Philly is coming off an some easy teams in their schedule and are home after 3 of 4 weeks on the road. My simple forcast is not due to intimidation or jinx.

I look at historical trends positive and negative factors regarding the schedule- weather conditions, the mental and physical tolls of the season, travel etc. Much of it is not who you play but when and where you play them.

Yes, winning 19 consecutive games is possible and would be nice but there are ALWAYS a few games where the other team is up and the Packers look flat.

I unemotionally reason out the Packers can go 13-3 this season and posters JavonWalker and IB Prez don't like it. By the way Johnny I did point out a loss to the Steelers at home. I do not think tthe Steelers will be a good team but will not go into it here.

Consider why the Viking fans don't like the Packers having a bye week before one of our games. There are factors beyond players physical abilities.

20. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Whoa there big fella - I stated that they'd probably go 11-5 - implementing SPOCK logic.
    With Sherman at the helm - we have had this problem with losing to lesser caliber teams - that's why I say we'll more than likely lose 5 games, at least.

I would luv... for the Pack to win 13 games, remniscient of 1996 - no doubt about it.
    I just don't see it happening this year. With Bates at DC now - I've thrown some faith in there that our Defense will turn around - but just the same, with these "younger" players? Well, at least one, most likely two, game(s) - we'll see the Players take the game away from the Coaches and trip over their own egos in the process - bam, game lost!

The only real tactical miscue I'd like to see the Packers dump on the side of the road is this PREVENT mentality we've seen for several years.... if we have a team on the ropes, then take it to them, run the score up - make it hurt - make 'em remember it's the Packers that did that - we've had it done to us right in Lambeau, just last year - now it's time to hand it back.... none of that nicey-nicey churchmouse nonsense that Sherman has become famous for.... screw that - take the tie off, roll your pants up and dig in for the kill.

I'll go back and look, but isn't 1996 (as you say) the last time the Cowboys beat the Packers? Like I say - I'll go back and look...

Remember - I never said I don't like your prediction - I just favor an 11-5 season as more realistic - we still win the Division (4-in-a-row) and this time I'd like to see Home-field advantage, and nothing less! They threw that away last time around. It could have made all the difference, too! It usually does - the stats bear it out!

Let's avoid this becoming personal... alright?
    We "will" beat the Steelers on the Frozen Tundra! By at least a touchdown!

21. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope you're wrong, lol, sorry...It looks daunting right now for the Packers--I mean, the Eagles are the defending NFC champs, a road game, a place where we lose with ease lol...

I just think the Eagles are due for a fall from grace, I pray it happens this year, their division is catching up with them. They always get cake schedules despite being a first place team, certainly they win games in the playoffs but--you know what i'm gonna stop myself or this rant is going to go onto another page, for what I lack in hate for the bears, vikings and lions I make up for with hate for an out-of-division NFC rival, the eagles--it's a regional thing

22. ameuret

ameuret Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  23. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:thumbsup: :rotflmao: Bwahahahaha, some of these are just hilarious. Just thought I'd bump this so you fudgies can all point and laugh at eachother. :rotflmao:

24. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0

:rotflmao: Good call on you predictions. :whippin:

25. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Classic. :rotflmao: