How many fans want Favre back?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bloody right I'd take him back. He is the best chance for GB to win a SB this season. This year is the only one that ever matters in the NFL.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bloody right I'd take him back. He is the best chance for GB to win a SB this season. This year is the only one that ever matters in the NFL.

Isn't that the Vikings philosophy on things?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still want Favre back after he sold us out to the Vikings?

I guess Wilf spends enough money on free agents to make Brett Favre 100% committed to playing football. sell out.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess Wilf spends enough money on free agents to make Brett Favre 100% committed to playing football. sell out.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take him back, but I never thought badly of him in the first place. The Packers want to win this season and with Rodgers at the helm this is least likely to happen, he has yet to prove himself. Favre gives us the better chance at winning. It would be hard to see Favre on another team, but if thats his only chance at playing football then I am all for it, and I will continue to watch his legacy build.

You cannot tell me that TT is protecting Favre's legacy, again this is up to Favre to protect his own legacy, that was just a cop out by TT in saying this. I also truly believe what Favre has said, that he wasnt asked to return to the team, but then TT changed his mind and said he could stay and play back up, this is crap!! You do not ask someone like Favre to play back up to no one, and for him to fight for the starter job, I would be all for this, but again like Favre said "why should he compete" and the more I thought about it, I agree, its not like hes a rookie QB. He needs to start for the Packers, and if this isnt possible he needs to move on to a team that CAN appreciate him, and I hope he does well with this new team which ever one it maybe. I also dont want to hear on this board if Rodgers does get hurt that we should have brought Favre back with all the nay sayers here. I think most of you who have condemned Brett FAvre on this board will be eating their own words, but time will tell.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
If this is true, ouch. This whole thing makes me sad. I'll try not to cry though, as that would be awkward for everyone.

Good idea. That would only make you rust.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Viking thing turns out to be true (It makes sense.) then hell no I don't want him back. Do you really want to be his second choice? I won't take that from a woman. Why would I take it from a man?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
According to the poll on Fox News last night, the percentages are as follows.

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre
81% Take him back as starter.

This is no lie. This was the results of the poll.
Wow, it is hard to believe it is really that lopsided. I think the poll mentioned above by vegOmatic, from the Milwaukee paper, is closer to the reality. That one was 61% in favor of Favre and 38% against.

It could be lopsided, because most of the viewers were "Favre" fans. I know a couple of Packer fans, who didn't watch it, because they are disgusted with Favre.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
ElleBlue said:

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre

Wow, it is hard to believe it is really that lopsided. I think the poll mentioned above by vegOmatic, from the Milwaukee paper, is closer to the reality. That one was 61% in favor of Favre and 38% against.

It could be lopsided, because most of the viewers were "Favre" fans. I know a couple of Packer fans, who didn't watch it, because they are disgusted with Favre.

Excellent point Elle. How did you get so smart?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe TT has made/not made moves to push Brett out. I believe Brett, being the good soldier, kept his mouth shut, even during his retirement. Remember years back when when Brett thought Management should make certain moves his Father basically told him he should not worry about that, Brett's job was to play QB, let Management do theirs.

Now Brett's frustration is coming out. TT not willing to risk a 4th round choice for Moss very likely cost us a SB Championship. Brett nearly got killed the year after Marco and Wahle were gone.

On the other hand Brett's constant indecision about retirement had to make it hard to manage for the future. With Brett's arm he could play well into his 40's. He should have put those to retirement rumors rest years ago.

What was needed was a committment to each other and better communication. I hope they can kiss and make up, make the committment, sign Rodgers, and win a SB.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
Greg C. said:
ElleBlue said:

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre

Excellent point Elle. How did you get so smart?

I've always been smart. Just not so argumentative until now.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN also has a few Brett Favre themed polls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index

In the special topics frame on the left side, select Brett Favre to view them. Most importantly, "Who would you want as your starting QB for 2008?"

Brett Favre: 64%
Aaron Rodgers: 36%

(70/30 split in votes from Wisconsin)
103,172 votes in total

those numbers will change once those that were polled find the knife in their back.

CheeseLouise

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow so many passionate posters.Nice..Hmm i dunno if i would take him back and as much as i love watching brett play i kinda want to see what aaron rodgers can do.Brett had a amazing year last year..Could he do it again?That i dont know and from what i been hearing aaron has been working with the team all offseason long so maybe he should be giving a shot?Meh what do i know though im just a southern girl from louisiana lol..

Oh and let me just say im not pro-favre or anti-favre..Im Pro green bay packers. :)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do i know though im just a southern girl from louisiana lol..

Oh and let me just say im not pro-favre or anti-favre..Im Pro green bay packers. :)

Welcome to the site.

CheeseLouise

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CheeseLouise said:
what do i know though im just a southern girl from louisiana lol..

Welcome to the site.

Thanks WPR glad to be here!!Been reading alot of the replies to threads.Seems like there are alot of knowledgeable fans here which is hella cool..Im not as knowledgeable but you can believe i'll be rooting for the pack on sundays with a cold beer in my hand lol. :)

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If there was any substantial evidence to this, perhaps the polls would be the other way around. However, as goes on here, stating false things over and over will never make them true in the end.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre i really want him back tho ted thompson doesnt know his left from rights so its to late for that wish

another wish vince lombardi as our haed coach

Members online

Latest posts