How many fans want Favre back?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a poll. I'd just like to hear some guesses: What percentage of Packer fans do you think want Brett Favre back at this point? I have yet to see any kind of poll on this issue. Initially I thought it was pretty even, but now I'm beginning to think the tide is turning against Favre.

There was that pro-Favre rally in Green Bay over the weekend where 100-200 people showed up. That doesn't seem like such an impressive turnout to me, and PackOne pretty much summed it up with his immortal comment in this forum: "The fact that they carried Favre for President signs is all I needed to hear." Then there was the rally in Milwaukee which was well-publicized but drew only 30 people.

I went to another message board, Packerchatters, and found that there was very little discussion, but like on this board, most people there seemed to think the Packers are better off without Favre.

So what do you think the percentages are? I'd like to hear from some people who have big families full of Packer fans, or a lot of coworkers who are fans, and I'd especially like to hear from people who live in Wisconsin.

Also, do you think there is a split between more knowledgeable fans vs. less knowledgeable fans on this issue?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I consider myself a knowledgeable fan. I personally don't like what Favre has done this offseason. However, Brett Favre is still the MVP runner-up. He's still a top tier QB. He is still the Iron Man of QBs.

I'd want him back, IF the Packer players want him back. If the chemistry is gone, then no. I'm guessing he's still on good terms with the players. Remember Donald Driver says they're brothers.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good lord, look how many Favre threads there are.

Look @ nfl.com

There are 7 links on Favre, favre favre just on their front page

And this is nothing. Wait till he shows up for camp. Man, get ya popcorn ready.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Journal/Sentinel had an online poll. It was running about 61% for Brett, 38% for Rodgers, the rest for someone else.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing about 30%. I'll take him back if we can lock up Aaron. I sure don't want to loose Rodgers.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Journal/Sentinel had an online poll. It was running about 61% for Brett, 38% for Rodgers, the rest for someone else.

Weren't they saying that only about 30% of those that wanted him back actually wanted him to start?

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first heard he had contacted McCarthy . I was estatic, but now after watching his antics this past week, I'm not sure I'd want him back. Yes he does give the packers the best chance to win, but after watching his interview the last couple of nights it seems to me that his desire to play isn't 100%, it seems that he is in a pi$$ing match with TT and that is really what is most important to him. I've always considered myself a bog Favre fan, but I'm losing more and more respect for him everytime he opens his mouth lately. This not how a legend retires. A legend rides off into the sunset never to be seen nor heard from again. Like John Elway now there's a legend.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want him back anymore... not after all this drama... and the fact that Favre seems to be obsessed with playing in the NFC north. You'd think after longer than a decade and a half with the Packers he'd understand our rivalry with the Bears and Vikings and have the sense to not slap the fans in the face by playing there.

I hope he gets traded to Tampa Bay. AND SOON. He's already done enough damage this offseason.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three months ago, I'd have said yes. Heck, three months ago I'd have consented to sex change surgery with no anesthesia just to bear his children...if that's what he wanted me to do.

But right now? No. Onward and upward with Aaron. It's time to move on.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the terms?
Back as a starter? a very vocal 30%. (many who are Favre fans more than Packer fans.)
Back as a back up? 20%. (It is hard to watch a legend sit on his helmet and hold a clipboard.)
Traded with reservations as to the team? 30%
Just go away and retire? 20% (He hurt them with his flip flopping story changing family butting in ways.)

Back in a no holds barred 4 way battle for #1 spot and enthusiastically support Aaron if he fails to earn the starting position? 80%?

I would guess that the more informed fans are against his return as the guaranteed starter and the ones that want him handed the job no questions ask are typically younger or less informed. (Sorry if this offends anyone. It is just my opinion which is not worth much on the open market so don't get all excited.)

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the poll on Fox News last night, the percentages are as follows.

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre
81% Take him back as starter.

This is no lie. This was the results of the poll.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre

i saw that too, elle. figured it was a tad skewed since greta's the chick he picked to "interview" him. i actually laughed when i saw the poll. :roll:

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

7% Trade Favre
12% Release Favre

Wow, it is hard to believe it is really that lopsided. I think the poll mentioned above by vegOmatic, from the Milwaukee paper, is closer to the reality. That one was 61% in favor of Favre and 38% against.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A survey agency apparently called EVERY SINGLE household in the Green Bay white pages on Sunday:

The results:

74% of GB residents want the packers to keep favre and not trade or release him.

But only 33% think he should be the starting quarterback.

Because of the blanket calling approach and unusually high response rate the margin of error is virtually nil. Packer nation apparently wants brett back, but wants Rodgers to start.

But this was before the Gretta interview and I have to imagine that's shifted public opinion... and not to Favre's benefit.

Here's the link to the poll: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...1E4EF49-0844-4305-AF92-5C320CE553BA&dist=hppr

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I would want him back in a perfect world.. and my guess is probably somewhere around 65 to 75 percent of fans do want him back..

But to be honest.. it would depend on terms and cost to locker room morale and or impact on the long term career of Arod.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A survey agency apparently called EVERY SINGLE household in the Green Bay white pages on Sunday:

The results:

74% of GB residents want the packers to keep favre and not trade or release him.

But only 33% think he should be the starting quarterback.

Because of the blanket calling approach and unusually high response rate the margin of error is virtually nil. Packer nation apparently wants brett back, but wants Rodgers to start.

But this was before the Gretta interview and I have to imagine that's shifted public opinion... and not to Favre's benefit.

Here's the link to the poll: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...1E4EF49-0844-4305-AF92-5C320CE553BA&dist=hppr
Very interesting! Thanks. However, the results do not give me a whole lot of confidence in the ability of the good people of Green Bay, Wisconsin, to run a football team. Their preferred outcome of having Favre back but not as a starter is not even a realistic possibility, as Favre himself has made clear in his interview. Maybe the poll was taken before the interview, but from the beginning, I've thought it would be unworkable to have him back as anything less than the starter. Either he starts or he's not a Packer anymore.

I think a lot of people responded the way they did because they are genuinely torn about the situation, and they wish there was a middle ground. Unfortunately, there isn't. Having him come back, but not as the starter, would be like cutting the baby in half. It would be a compromise that would make EVERYBODY unhappy.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess that a large % of fans WOULD like to see Favre back, even with a reduced role, simply because they don't want to lose the legacy of Favre and what he has meant to the team. It's often hard to say goodbye. Most, I believe, do not comprehend how it would affect his teammates, not to mention Rodgers. TT & MM have worked hard to build a team with cohesiveness and respect. Favre in the lockerroom would NOT advance these goals. Why take a chance on losing that team work/cohesiveness AND your future QB for probably one year more of Favre? Too big a price to pay, IMHO.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have him back if he took back what he did and said. Hes going to have to take it or leave it, shape up or ship out. I am still ashamed and repulsed by his actions, but my opinions could change depending on future developments. sorry if this sounds like a broken record.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the interviews, I would have loved to have had Favre back as a backup / mentor to A-rod. He would have been the ideal of journeymen quarterbacks and could really have helped the transition.

Unfortunately, it seems favre want to be the captain or he'll take his ball and go home. Didn't he learn anything in kindergarten?

As is, I might just accept the 12 million dollar hole to keep him at his ranch for the next 12 months.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the interviews, I would have loved to have had Favre back as a backup / mentor to A-rod. He would have been the ideal of journeymen quarterbacks and could really have helped the transition.

Unfortunately, it seems favre want to be the captain or he'll take his ball and go home. Didn't he learn anything in kindergarten?

As is, I might just accept the 12 million dollar hole to keep him at his ranch for the next 12 months.

Right, because he over uses text messages and tells the truth. He may be the next dictator in Iraq as well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
boiga said:

Right, because he over uses text messages and tells the truth. He may be the next dictator in Iraq as well.

really....

Members online

Latest posts