How many coaches have won NFL championships since 1933...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... 1933 was the year that playoff for championships started. Currently there are 32 Head Coaches (or there will be after the hiring season).

So take a shot at guessing how many of the literally hundreds and hundreds of Head Coaches there have been since 1933 have won championship....
.PAGE
.DOWN
.FOR
.THE
.ANSWER
.TO
.THIS
.SURPRISING
.TRIVIA
.ANSWER

Are you ready???

39 NFL Head Coaches have won NFL Championships

This year marks the 40th Super Bowl played (Super Bowl XL), yet only 22 coaches have won Super Bowls.

Every season fans believe they just fired the bum that kept them from the holy land and many believe that they have just hired the magician that is going to lead them their.

The fact is the odds are long, very long -- most will not succeed.

I just though these were some interesting numbers to ponder as we get on the coaching carousel that does go in circles but rarely leads to rings.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: How many coaches have won NFL championships since 1933..

Wow! That is pretty surprising. I would kind of have guessed that number (22) during the Super Bowl years but only 39 coaches over 70+ years?

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-

That's a very interesting statistic. But I just did some research. The game has changed tremendously in the past 15 years, mainly because of free agency. The new stat is this: Since 1991, 11 different coaches have won Super Bowl titles. And there's essentially a 50% chance that a 12th wins this year.

Basically, you've had just as many new coaches win in the past 15 years than you did in the previous 55 years.

The NFL is the only sport in which I think the coaches play a key role, but they still matter much less than the players.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mattresell's posting is excellent!. quote" That's a very interesting statistic. But I just did some research. The game has changed tremendously in the past 15 years, mainly because of free agency. The new stat is this: Since 1991, 11 different coaches have won Super Bowl titles. And there's essentially a 50% chance that a 12th wins this year.

Basically, you've had just as many new coaches win in the past 15 years than you did in the previous 55 years. " unquote

PWT 36--Yes, Competitive Balance (free agency & Salary cap) established in 1993 has caused the landscape in NFL to change drastically. Things change very quickly in NFL. Teams like Packers and Eagles, Cowboys, , 49ers, Dolphins who have put together many winning years in a row, all of sudden have a losing year caused by things beyond the control of the Head coach. And one can add many injuries to core Players during the season. plus because of long years of winning- causing the winning teams to draft in high rounds of the draft for many years. Thus missing out on being able to draft the few potential franchise players available in the low rounds of the draft each year. This caused the problems that Packers encounter during this losing '05 season after Packer were in the Super Bowl and had 13 non losing season from 1992 until 2004. Packer fans cannot expect the Packers never to have a losing season, no NFL team's fan can expect that of their team. That is not real world in NFL!! Nor should it be. If it were , the NFL would be like MLB.With it's Yankees, -Red Soxes etc . All though MBL has changed a bit in the last few years.

Members online

Latest posts