How long will it take you to get over this loss?

How long will it take you to get over this?

• I already am

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • A few days and I'll be fine

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Once the Super Bowl is done and we get a little into the offseason

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Not until next season

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I won't until they redeem themselves with a Super Bowl win

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, I want to move on, but I'm far too emotionally invested in this team. I probably won't watch the Super Bowl. It will help a little, but not much, if Seattle loses. Once we start going with free agency and the draft, it should be behind me, so I said a little into the offseason.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's been 80+ lost SB seasons in our rich history. Lumping them all together is missing the joy of sports. Otherwise you might as well skip watching any games and just check the sports page the day after the Super Bowl each year. I really enjoyed watching the Packers this season. The last few minutes of this game did not turn out as I wanted, but it was one of our best seasons in years. I can still appreciate 2007 for all of its remarkable games as well. By the end of last night, I was more disappointed in the lack of a good AFC game than I was about the loss to Seattle.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why I can truly tell my doctor that I don't have any stress. I've never enjoyed life much when I'm stewing about something that can't change, and I'm comfortable finding positive aspects of bad situations. I'd be more emotionally invested if I had any ability to change future outcomes for the team, but I don't, so I move on and look forward to the next season.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Everyone is going to react and handle the loss differently and not one of hose people are wrong for it. We are all humans before anything that naturally have emotions and handle things according to how we are able and how it effects us emotionally. I am still sad and not over this, some people say I'm wrong for that, but how? It's how I'm handling this as an individual because I love my team. This is just my opinion because I've seen on here that it seems some fans think it's dumb to feel the way I do. It will all be okay though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I wear my tattoo with pride. I just didn't like getting verbally rough handled yesterday. I'll get over it eventually

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm already over it. Its Football. You have to learn to take the good with the bad and fact is, there is more bad than good in this sport. If you can't get over every loss in this game, then you're just going to drive yourself crazy over it.

And lets face it, we can get mad and throw tantrums all we want and bang our fists on the table....but what good does that do? There is nothing we can do about it to change what happened.

I always have a 24 hour rule to get over losses and wins. Once that is done, then its on to the next thing. In this case, our off season and draft etc.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a golden opportunity to make the SB, so it really sucks that Seattle tried to hand it to us on a silver platter, and we said "No thanks, we don't want to go to the Super Bowl."

OTOH, Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare for us, and I doubt any team can beat them twice in one season. Also, Belichick and Brady are probably so hungry for their 4th SB win, I don't think they will lose for the 3rd straight time in the SB. I doubt this Packers team with their sputtering offense could beat the Patriots in the SB. Imagine how bad losing in the SB would feel - a lot worse than it does now.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I live in the same town that Jon Ryan is from and it's full of bandwagon fans. One had the nerve to ask why I wasn't a Seahawks fan because Ryan is from here. I plainly told them I didn't see anybody jump on the bandwagon when he played for the PACK. 2 years ago I never even seen a Seahawks fan here now they are up the ***** and every bit as obnoxious as the others. Having to put with these yahoos make it difficult to get over this game but if the Seahawks lose in the Super 'Obnoxoius Fans' Bowl I will feel a little better. This loss is difficult to bare.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a pretty devastating loss, but I am use to **** like this. I am a toronto maple leafs fan therefore I am no stranger to having my team rip my heart out and **** on it.

Already over it, already stoked for the draft.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
All I can say is had we won, 2007 would have been repeated and in two weeks we'd all be on here with a massive amount of positive comments about this season rather that's the conversations that have been going on the past few days. #gopackgo

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday I think I was more or less in shock. I just couldn't believe they had lost like that. Monday I was pissed off. Today I was feeling OK about it until I got into work and everyone was talking about it and 3 or 4 people asked me about it and then I started ranting about this and that and got pissed off again. But now I'm more or less over it. If I sit down and think about it, I am disappointed. But it's done and over with. I hope the Patriots win, it'll make me feel a bit better knowing Seattle loses but either way, next year is next year. Who knows what will happen.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle crushes the Patriots, I think that would leave a sick feeling in all Packers fans. Let's hope the Patriots win 63-10, so we'll be glad we weren't the ones getting destroyed.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went and saw "American Sniper" Monday afternoon and got over it pretty quick after that.

If it wasn't for the fact that this team boosted it's game to another level in the second half of the season, I'd be pretty upset about it, but it's pretty clear that this team is on the rise. If we sign Cobb and Bulaga (and I think we will) then we should continue that rise.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took me 15 instead of the usual 10 minutes. It's entertainment for me; I'm not a paid coach or player, no skin in the game other than it's a source of enjoyment for me during the season. The next day was Monday, and back to the real world.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GoPGo; I'm debating whether to read the book- Kyle's autobiography- or see the movie. I'm leaning towards book first.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took me 15 instead of the usual 10 minutes. It's entertainment for me; I'm not a paid coach or player, no skin in the game other than it's a source of enjoyment for me during the season. The next day was Monday, and back to the real world.

I was going to ask What time did the game end but yeah 15 minutes probably did it for me as well. Funny how we say we are over it but we continue to hash it out like we have some unusual insight. Nothing personal in our disagreements on the other threads.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to ask What time did the game end but yeah 15 minutes probably did it for me as well. Funny how we say we are over it but we continue to hash it out like we have some unusual insight. Nothing personal in our disagreements on the other threads.

Same here, I hope I didn't come across that way as that was not my intent.
Yeah, we keep going over it even though it's of no real importance. I chalk it up to the draw of discussing something you find interesting with like minded people- it's fun.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'm over it if I think positive about next year and think about the Draft which is here in Chicago so hopefully I can go one of the days.

If I start to think about the what if's and such I get pretty disappointed. But thats with anything in life. I'll be pretty content if the patriots win the SB, and its at that point ill begin to really not care that much. If the Seahawks win though it could sting for awhile longer.

Members online

Latest posts