How long will GB keep Barnett?

Ludders86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm considering getting an authentic Barnett Jersey as he's my 2nd favourite GB player (behind Favre) but figured it'd be best to get some thoughts from the Packer faithful on how long he'll be with the Packers as I don't want to pay out the money for a jersey if he might be gone by the end of next season.
Personally I think he's the best player on D we have so I can't see him going although the roster's probably going to be shaken up next year and I'm owrried he might go as a cap casualty or something. His contract's not very big though is it?

An thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm already ordering my yellow Barnett jersey come hell or high water...
I see Barnett staying at Green Bay for a long long time.

Look at it this way - have you ever heard him complain like Javon Walker or McKenzie?
No - he's a team player like Brett! He's here to stay!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the words of Ron Wolf. "You're only here until I can replace you."
Barnett is small for MLB. There will be a day but right now there are greater priorities. He will likely be offered a contract when the current one expires.

He sure looked vulnerable and undersized when Grady Jackson was out last year. He is weak in shedding large blockers. However, he is very good in pass coverage and lateral movement. I think eventually he will go to his natual outside spot.

I got a great deal when I was in Korea on a Home Favre Jersey for fourteen dollars. All the authentic NFL sanctioned tags and everything.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ludder86,

How 'bout I sell you my FREEMAN jersey instead!

i'll give yer' a good deal.....very low mileage....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stilll have an AWAY Jersey [#84] purchased when Schroeder was with the Pack - before going Detroit - but I had my name put on the back....

I always seemed to drop my beer when I wore that thing.... :mrgreen:

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a Nicky B home jersey...

Sure, he has some flaws in his game...But I think he's a solid player with a great drive...

There should be a spot in the line-backing core for Nick (esspecially in Bates system) for many years to come... :D

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I stilll have an AWAY Jersey [#84] purchased when Schroeder was with the Pack - before going Detroit - but I had my name put on the back....

Prez, I'm surprised you could get the right route to the beer stand. :lol:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buy the jersey Barnett will be here as long as Sherman... oh wait ... just kidding ... seriously, Barnett will be here a long time I believe.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do as I did go for something sure,,, I have Niestchke, Starr, Canadeo, White (in white), and Favre !!!!! Those are all legends and you cant think of them in other than Green and Gold !!!!!

I like Barnett a lot but first I will get Henderson

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
IPBprez said:

Prez, I'm surprised you could get the right route to the beer stand. :lol:

hahahaha...you guys are killin me.

Ludders-

i think Barnett could very well be a lifer...im sure he'll get resigned, but i have absolutely nothing to back that up.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Ohhhhhh please note Canadeo size 52 from Mitchell and Ness is to Da*n big !!!! Even Big Grady may fit in it !!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :p

Mitchell & Ness...good concept, bad job of targeting certain markets...I'd like to own a retro jersey or two, but the majority of their sizes are for thugs who like to wear all their clothing down to their knees--it would look pathetic on me, i'm 5'8, just too much fabric

Members online

Latest posts