1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

How in the Hell is Washington doing it???

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Bruce, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are they using Enron accountants or Bush Budget math???

Washington came into Free Agency supposedly in serious CAP trouble and in need of cutting players.

Instead they have landed:

~~ Randle El -- WR --$31 million over seven years, and including $11.5 million in guaranteed signing and roster bonuses.

~~ Andre Carter DE/LB from San Francisco 49ers -- six-year, $30 million deal

~~ Adam Archuleta S -- first-round pick (No. 20 overall) out of Arizona State by the Rams in 2001. He has started 69 of 72 games with 547 tackles, 15 sacks, 25 deflected passes and two interceptions. Last year, he started 14 games and had 93 tackles, 3½ sacks, five pass deflections and one interception. But don't worry we got Manuel!

~~ Christian Fauria, TE, The 6-4, 250-pounder has played in 167 games with 119 starts during his 11-year NFL career. During that time, he has 245 receptions for 2,473 yards and 20 touchdowns and is a powerful blocker. He spent the past four seasons with the New England Patriots(collecting 2 SB rings). and is believed to have signed a one- or two-year deal.

~~ Brandon Lloyd., WR --the above signings came one day after the Redskins sent a third-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round selection in 2007 to San Francisco for their top receiver.

Something does not add up!!! But Adam Archuleta, is three times the safety that Manuel is and reports are he signed for less than Manuel got -- way to go Teddy! And besides we got Harry!!! You know Harry Williams -- 7th Rd draft choice of the Jets in 2005 -- he did lead the league in DNP (Did not plays)

At least this waiver wire pick-up dispells the rumors that Ted is vacationing in Mexico this week.;)

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Read John Clayton's column. Trading picks and converting roster bonuses into signing bonuses.

The old fashioned way mortgaging the future!! Deal with cap problems later.

3. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Bruce, sometime in your life you have to take risks,, I wont like to be in the Redskins place but I need to honeor themfor playing hard to win....

I dont like to have a kitty waiting to see what the leftovers are..

By the way Archuleta is not 3 times the safety Manuel is I will go for at least 10 times, but I dont want to make TT-romadz upset with me.

But it seems to be the only option by now... Bargains and more bargains,,, well bargains go at Walmart not at Brooks Brothers !!!! and I will never wear a tie for Walmart !!!

Have a good evening Bruce I will be at a nice dinner an I will drink a lot of nice red wine to forget about TT... By the way I will take the risk to pay for an overpriced bottle of red anytime anyday !!!! Good things cost $$$

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Ever consider maybe FA are turning down Green Bay? That perhaps TT is trying? Perhaps he needs to improve on his sale pitch?

Did you hear they told Ben Taylor they would bring him in next week and not this week due to no key scouts were going to be around to evaluate him because they would be evaluating college talent?

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HAHAHA, Bruce that last line made me laugh (in a good way!)

Well as far as I know, the Skins cut some players before the CBA got extended, and then got about an extra 7 million from the CBA. They apparently also converted about 13 million in bonuses into guranteed money spread over 5 years. Also, they do plan on restructuring their existing contracts because right now they would not have enough room to sign their draft picks. But give credit to the Skins, they have gotten a whole better!

6. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :shock: Yeah, we got our Eagle Scout Teddy, "Always prepared." !Gratuidous cheap shot deleted

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Zero, how would you feel if they tell you "well we are interested in you but please wait until we scout all those unproven school guys",,,, "by the way would you be interested in signing for the minimum wage?" Well I will tell the to go F@ck themselves !!!!

8. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But the Redskins flashed $10 million in guarantees and a contract worth close to $5 million a year.

To be fair to TT we got our back-up safety for a little less money

Obviously not a TT man, wanted to much guarantee money and too much yearly salary FOR A BONIFIDE STARTER!!!

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    STOP BASHING MARQUOND MANEUL would you people give this guy a shot to play before you say he sucks honestly you all sound like bears fans with your stupidity

10. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who is bashing him? I give him kudos -- parlaying 0 interceptions and 5 passes defended in 4 seasons of play in the NFL into a $10 million contract is brilliant.

I said he hits hard as long as the guy stays in front of him -- he is far to slow to catch anyone who gets by him.

He is a Packer and I will cheer for him, but what are you asking? Are we not allowed to evaluate Teddy's slim pickings?

BTW: I have not seen any one say he sucks, rather (at least I have) simply put up his numbers for evaluation.

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This is a forum where you express your views. The man has been a defensive back in the NFL for 5 years , I believe. He has 0 ints in the regular season. Sounds like the playmaker we've been looking for!

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    poor gopackgo....poor reasonable gopackgo....your rational thought isnt WANTED HERE!

13. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody is bashing Manual, but until he cracks the starting lineup(which I hope he does), he will be listed as a free agent pick-up who was a back-up in Seattle.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and started in the superbowl

15. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yea?....How did that work out?

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    he got hurt actually.

he also only started in 13 games for seattle, but was 3rd in tackles. That ..doesnt happen.

but go and focus on the negatives...its more fun.

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You jus read a few words and then reply don't cha?