how important is ryan longwell to you?

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how important is longwell to the pack?(Rank him in a number, 1 being the lowest)
where do you rate him in importance to the team?

i was just wondering how important you think a idiot kicker is to a team?
:roll: :D
(rank the kickers role for a team also)
(sorry for the edit, i was looking for a number instead of a bunch of very importants.lol)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted kickers are not real football players , but a top echelon kicker like Longwell is very important to a successful football team.
Longwells downside is that he can't kick it into the endzone, or inside the 15 for that matter.
As a scoring machine Longwell is very important.

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kicker Evaluation

Very Important......a good NFL kicker like Longwell has helped the Packers win quite a few games.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the real question here is... how bad does the Vikings need a good field goal kicker?? Vikes animal your envy of our place kicker is justified.... because you know yourself that Ryan Longwell spanked your vikings twice with his right foot under pressure. Gee didn't that cost you guys the nfc north TITLE?
Of course the vikings wouldn't know what to do with a Title. LOL :lol:

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your envy of our place kicker is justified
that is not where i was going with that but thats ok. lol

i want to know where you rank him as in importance to the team also.
i think the vikes should draft mike nugent in the 2nd round if he is available. i think he is an impact player that could win us at least 2 more games a year.!!!! lol :roll:

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Longwell is very important. He is a clutch field goal kicker. I wish he could kick farther on kick offs. He is one of the better field goal kickers in the NFL.

2002 OLY packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to me everyone on the team is of the same importance, it takes every player and coach to put him postion to kick the ball. he's a good one, definately played one of the biggest roles this year in bringing home the division championship.

hi everybody great day for a football game, wish we were playing.
great piece on reggie today on espn. enjoy all the eats and the game today.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How important is Longwell?? VERY he won at least 3 games for the Pack this year. For a kicker I really like him. I was glad the Packers got rid of Jacke when he was one field goal away from tying Don Hutson for the teams leading scorer record (now held by longwell). Jacke was a good kicker but I just didn't like him.

Later
Leopardmech

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have to keep Longwell. In this day and age any football game can be won or lost by a last second field goal and this guy is as close to automatic as you can get. There aren't to many kickers that are better than him.

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i was hoping that someone would stick their neck out and say "on a scale of one to ten, he is a an eight" or he ranks right behind favre and green.
you guys say that is a fair assessment?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
To the Packers, he's worth 3 W's.

Nuff said, move on.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2003 the 49ers had a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense, yet had a losing record and didn't make the playoffs. They had bad fieldgoal kickers that year though who botched some field goals and extra points that cost the 49ers some games.

Longwell kicked 4 game winning field goals for us in 2004. That 10-6 record could have been 6-10 without him.

I think in today's league of parity, it's important to have a reliable kicker where games are so close. We've been pretty fortunate to have Longwell.

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
In 2003 the 49ers had a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense, yet had a losing record and didn't make the playoffs. They had bad fieldgoal kickers that year though who botched some field goals and extra points that cost the 49ers some games.

Longwell kicked 4 game winning field goals for us in 2004. That 10-6 record could have been 6-10 without him.

I think in today's league of parity, it's important to have a reliable kicker where games are so close. We've been pretty fortunate to have Longwell.
i remember all the troubles the niners had. the importance of having a good kicker is overlooked by many fans.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I want my 30 seconds back that was jus wasted on viewing this thread again. C'mon the man won three games with last second field goals. This thread is like asking anyone how important their monitor is to them being on the net.
We can do better!!

:comp: :puke:

Members online

Latest posts