how important is ryan longwell to you?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I want my 30 seconds back that was jus wasted on viewing this thread again. C'mon the man won three games with last second field goals. This thread is like asking anyone how important their monitor is to them being on the net.
We can do better!!

:comp: :puke:

hey this is animals thread...thats like making fun of "special" kids.

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can do better!!
hey slack, you were vague in your answer, and since when were you a mod?
if you dont like the topic, you move on!!!! dont read, dont reply. its that easy.
and you didnt elaborate on why. i didnt want the icing. i wanted the nuts and bolts of the situation. obviously, you and arrow cannot come up with a knowledgable answer to a legitimate question! i thought when i asked this question some packer guru would throw out longwell stats. you know like total fg's, game winners, ot winners.
but that is ok, i guess i deserve plenty of smacking around. :roll:
i wasnt searching for something to troll on. believe it or not? lol
making fun of "special" kids.
no smack here^^^^^^^^^^^
shame on you!!!!
ARE YOU DRUNK??
lol

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
allright liver lips......you are at it bright and early arent you. i thought it got noisy in here all of the sudden!!!!
got all your lincoln logs and legos out too?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
hey slick, you were vague in your answer, and since when were you a mod?
if you dont like the topic, you move on!!!! dont read, dont reply. its that easy.
and you didnt elaborate on why. i didnt want the icing. i wanted the nuts and bolts of the situation. obviously, you and arrow cannot come up with a knowledgable answer to a legitimate question! i thought when i asked this question some packer guru would throw out longwell stats. you know like total fg's, game winners, ot winners.

It's Slick, u infitile!!
I don't believe the Pack had a OT game this year, but if you wanna check out all the OT games for the Pack http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/overtime/
also if you want his stats ... http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1727

he won two games this year against the vikes with last second FGs and one other against the titans on sunday night.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1 ... elogs/2004 little more stats

Heres some more info
* One of the NFL's top placekickers, reached hallowed ground last season as he eclipsed the immortal Don Hutson to became Green Bay's all-time leading scorer
* The consistent eighth-year kicker registered a trademark campaign, scoring 120 points to bring his career total to 844, supplanting Hutson's 823, a revered record which had stood for 58 years
* In the process he also assumed the top spot in team annals for most career field goals, 182, surpassing Chris Jacke's 173
* His 88.5 percent conversion rate in 2003 was the league's best among kickers whose home stadium is an outdoor venue; he ranked fourth among all kickers
* Named second-team All-Pro by Football Digest
* In the process of his record-writing year, he rose to fifth place on the NFL's all-time list for field goal accuracy (min. 100 made); his career 82.0 percent conversion rate leaves him behind only the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt (87.9), the Eagles' David Akers (83.0), the Dolphins' Olindo Mare (82.4) and the Ravens' Matt Stover (82.1)

* An effective offensive weapon for Green Bay, holds himself to high standards
* "He's a consummate professional," observes John Bonamego, Green Bay's special teams coach. "He's exceptionally consistent and reliable. He understands his trade and what he needs to do."
* A crucial component of his value to the Packers, no doubt, is his continued mastery of the sometimes-challenging last-season conditions that exist in Titletown
* "Kicking here in Green Bay can be challenging due to the conditions at times," continues Bonamego. "He understands how surface and climate affect his ball and how to play the elements to his advantage, and more importantly, how it is going to limit him on any given day. That's very important for a kicker here; we don't kick in a sterile environment like dome teams. We have to deal with and manage the elements. His technique and mental toughness enable him to do that and perform at an exceptionally high level."
* Possesses an 84.2 percent success rate (96/114) within the tricky confines of Lambeau Field since 1997 - nearly 10 percent better than the 75.8 percent made (72/95) by opposing kickers over the same, seven-year period
* Even more impressive is his performance in games Dec. 1 and later (including playoffs) at home, connecting at an 85 percent success rate (34/40) while his opponents have converted just 65 percent (15/23)
* Always one to stay on top his performance and its necessary preparations, made adjustments to weekly regimen late in the 2001 campaign, including a more measured approach to the amount of kicks performed in practice as well as working outside in the elements at a time when the team is typically practicing inside the Don Hutson Center; a successful endeavor, has converted 85 percent of his attempts the past two seasons (51/60)
* In 2003, became only the third player in NFL history to reach the 100-point mark in each of his first seven seasons, joining the Broncos' Jason Elam (11, 1993-2003) and the Patriots' Adam Vinatieri (eight, 1996-2003)
* Has led the NFL in points scored (844) since he came into the league in 1997, 10 more than the second-place Elam (834)
* While his scoring abilities and accomplishments are readily evident, his efforts with the coverage unit should not be overlooked
* "His kickoff skills are great," notes Bonamego. "He does a great job with placement and moving the ball around, which is an important part of our game. He kicks off with precision and does well with the conditions late in the year. The other thing he does better than anyone I've been around or seen is disguises his intentions very well. It's hard to get a lead on where he's going with the ball. A lot of kickers, if you study them on film, you can tell where they're going with the ball based on their alignment of where they tee it up. Ryan doesn't give you that, which is a great advantage."
* Now holds nine regular-season team records, having added those for most career points (844) and most career field goals (182) to his collection in '03
* Also is tied for five other club marks, having tied one additional in '03: most consecutive seasons leading the team in scoring (seven, tied with Hutson)
* Has scored in 112 straight regular-season contests - every game of his pro career - another team record
* Now has made 105 consecutive PAT tries, the second-longest streak in team history and 29 shy of Jacke's franchise record of 134, set from 1990-94
* Has played in 112 consecutive games (121 including playoffs) - the Packers' second-longest active streak, behind only Brett Favre's 191
* Continues his club-record string of having scored at least one point in 112 consecutive regular-season games (every game of his pro career)
* Has 14 career postseason field goals - second in team history (to the 15 of Jacke) after moving past Don Chandler (nine) against the San Francisco 49ers in a 2001 Wild Card game
* In 2001 was ready to become the most sought-after kicker in free agency, signed a five-year contract to remain with the Packers on February 21, 2001, saying, "We wanted to stay here the whole time. There was never a doubt. We really approached it that way."
* Originally had joined the Packers as a waiver wire acquisition just prior to start of 1997's training camp, simply hoping for the chance to get enough work to gain notice from another NFL club; a little over seven weeks later, he was making his NFL debut on Monday Night Football as the kicker for the then-defending Super Bowl champions
* Made most of opportunity when the expected Green Bay kicker, 1997 third-round draft choice Brett Conway, suffered what would become a season-ending quadriceps injury
* Used an excellent training camp performance to gain a roster spot and went on to have one of the most productive rookie seasons for a kicker in Packers history

btw he likes long walks on the beachs and slow romantic songs

I think after knowing he won THREE games with FG's one wouldn't need to know more info on a guy's value to a team, but hey I'm jus a face behind a interwebz label pushin keys.

OP
OP
V

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think after knowing he won THREE games with FG's one wouldn't need to know more info on a guy's value to a team, but hey I'm jus a face behind a interwebz label pushin keys.
i can see slick, i know that your name is slick, slack.
THAT IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!! you didnt have to go that far for lil ol me but i thank you.
one does know how important ones kicker is to a team, one wanted uropinion hammer, so one could see where ones opinion stood vs. anothers. one holdsthe position higher than alot of others do so one wanted to see how others felt about the matter. slick!
one can push keys to LOOK at stats, one thought that conversation was the order of the day in these type of forums.
one does not know everything
but i bet city slicker does!!!!!!
one didnt want to play footsies with longwell or take long walks
you have your face on here?
one does not waNT TO SEE THAT!!!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
vikes93animal said:
SlickVision said:
Holy cow Batman look at all those keystrokes with no point to them!!
just like all but one of yours in here also!
me precious!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe you were looking for this emoticon haha.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Move it to the smack area, I don't see how this is relating to the topic of "how important is ryan longwell to you?"

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Move it to the smack area, I don't see how this is relating to the topic of "how important is ryan longwell to you?"

You're the admin here bub, split the bad posts and shove'em off to the smack forum.

uwbadger12000 said:
Longwell is very important. He kicked four game-winning FG. Nobody else did that this year.

I agree, except other kickers made game winning kicks ;-)

Staff online

Latest posts