How good would the D have played?.......

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
If the Saints are your argument. I'll take my chances with Ted in a heartbeat.

My point is that someone other than TT was available at the time of his hire. Randy Mueller had proven success. The Saints went down hill after they fired Mueller over a contract dispute.

The Packers prefer to hire retreads.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Zero2Cool said:

My point is that someone other than TT was available at the time of his hire. Randy Mueller had proven success. The Saints went down hill after they fired Mueller over a contract dispute.

Your point is that someone was available other than Ted? No kidding dude. I was available too. That's a weak point.

Randy does not have proven success if you are going to use the Saints as the focal point of his 'success'. They had one division title.

btw, who was the offensive coordinator for the Saints the year they won the division title?

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
BoydAvery said:
Zero2Cool said:

Your point is that someone was available other than Ted? No kidding dude. I was available too. That's a weak point.

Randy does not have proven success if you are going to use the Saints as the focal point of his 'success'. They had one division title.

btw, who was the offensive coordinator for the Saints the year they won the division title?

Ironically though:

Mueller came to the Saints from the Seattle Seahawks, where he built a reputation as a savvy evaluator of talent after becoming the team's vice president of football operations in 1995.

Among Mueller's Seattle highlights was a 1997 deal that sent quarterback Rick Mirer to the Chicago Bears for a pair of first round-draft picks that were used to select two starters -- cornerback Shawn Springs and tackle Walter Jones.

Mueller, a native of St. Maries, Idaho, was promoted to Seattle's pro personnel director in 1990 and remained in that position for five years.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Zero2Cool said:
BoydAvery said:
Zero2Cool said:

Ironically though:

Mueller came to the Saints from the Seattle Seahawks, where he built a reputation as a savvy evaluator of talent after becoming the team's vice president of football operations in 1995.

Among Mueller's Seattle highlights was a 1997 deal that sent quarterback Rick Mirer to the Chicago Bears for a pair of first round-draft picks that were used to select two starters -- cornerback Shawn Springs and tackle Walter Jones.

Mueller, a native of St. Maries, Idaho, was promoted to Seattle's pro personnel director in 1990 and remained in that position for five years.

Mueller's background sounds a lot like Thompson's--that is, if you forget about all those championships the Saints won.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Who was the offensive coordinator for the Saints during that 10 - 6 division title season?

I am not questioning MM as HC of the Packers. I am questioning TT's ability to get MM the proper player personnel.

The OL is a mess after attempting to replace Wahle and Rivera with Klemm and O 'Dwyer including 5 OL draft selections in 2 years with no success. After Driver and Jennings there is no one at WR. Green and Davenport are cripples at RB.

The revamped DL gets absolutely no pass rush on opposing QB's and the defensive backfield has plenty of question marks.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's easy to look back on someone's tenure nearly a decade later and call them 'good' isnt it?

Let's wait 8 years and see how good Ted was before chastising him. :)

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
It's easy to look back on someone's tenure nearly a decade later and call them 'good' isnt it?

Let's wait 8 years and see how good Ted was before chastising him. :)

When MM was hired as OC in New Orleans he had success immediately. 2 years later TT is struggling as GM. It is not necessary to wait 8 years to see that he just doesn't have the ability.

People called Mike Sherman's bluff in 2001 and were right. It was 6 wasted years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How is Ted struggling? He has had 1 year under his belt. You're judging him by 3 pre season games? Your logic is flawed.

How come you didn't mention how Ted helped reshape the Seahawks? They did more than win one lonely division title.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
How is Ted struggling? He has had 1 year under his belt. You're judging him by 3 pre season games? Your logic is flawed.

How come you didn't mention how Ted helped reshape the Seahawks? They did more than win one lonely division title.

He has two offseasons under his belt. Offseason is when GM's do most of their work.

BTW....I'm not agreeing that he is struggling. I think he struggled last offseason. This offseason he has done OK.

Also...the Seahawks never won a playoff game until TT left :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:

He has two offseasons under his belt. Offseason is when GM's do most of their work.

no arguments there, but some idiots(yep, namecalling) are judging the 2006 team before they played 1 regular season game is played.

lets have 2 full seasons under TTs belt before he is crucified.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is a mute point, since Bates wasn't gonna stay here unless he was the head coach. And if he was, then he wouldn't have coached the defense as much as he did last year, so it is again a mute point. Our defense wasn't good, but whatever it was a preseason game.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I sincerely doubt that Teddy can be given much credit for the reshaping of the Seahawks.
Teddy was employed by the Seahawks, he was not their GM. Teddy had some input in the draft, he had the final say on no one.
Teddy never drafted a single player for the Seahawks.
The Seahawks had a coach who was a proven winner the entire time Teddy was there.

Teddy is not being judged on 3 preason games. He is being judged on a 4-12 season, 2 drafts, 2 years of free agency and 3 preseason games.
Teddy is floundering as a General Manager and I as a Packer Fan don't want to wait ten years to see another winning team in Lambeau.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Teddy is not being judged on 3 preason games. He is being judged on a 4-12 season, 2 drafts, 2 years of free agency and 3 preseason games.

Don't mean to be picky, but in addition to the one regular season and two offseasons, TT has been here for seven preseason games, not three.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
yooperfan said:

Don't mean to be picky, but in addition to the one regular season and two offseasons, TT has been here for seven preseason games, not three.

Yeah, I thought about that but I couldn't remember their preaseason record last year, 2-2 I think.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i think it would have been great if bates was head coach. he has been coaching for a while now.

a team will do better if it has a good expirenced coach.

Then why isn't Bates with a team? There must be a reason nobody has offered him a job.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
umair said:
i think it would have been great if bates was head coach. he has been coaching for a while now.

Then why isn't Bates with a team? There must be a reason nobody has offered him a job.

Was he offered a job? Or did he decline all offers due to the let down of not being the HC for GB?

I truely believe he came to GB with the expectations of being the next HC. I think the writing was on the wall about Shermans future.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Blackjackking said:
umair said:

Was he offered a job? Or did he decline all offers due to the let down of not being the HC for GB?

I truely believe he came to GB with the expectations of being the next HC. I think the writing was on the wall about Shermans future.

Why would he turn down a head-coaching job? A head coach is what every coordinator and position coach works hard to become. Maybe, just maybe Bates was overrated, and now unemployed.

Members online

Latest posts