how good will JERMICHAEL FINLEY be this year?

How many catches will Finley get this season?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During his final 8 games last year, Finley caught 44 balls for 575 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Multiply that by 2 for a full 16-game slate, and you get 88 receptions, 1,150 yards and 8 TDs.

You guys shoot out your predicted numbers for J-Mike.

I'll hope he stays healthy, and then I see something like this:
  • 75 catches
  • 1047 yards
  • 9 TD's
  • 1st Team NFC Pro-Bowl
First Tight End ever to win the Super Bowl MVP as he channels the original Kellen Winslow and torches the Jets LBers, Safeties, and then Revis Island for 10 catches, 148 yards, and 2 TD's in the Packers 31-20 Super Bowl win over New Jersey.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley will have to have a hell of a season to be the best TE in the NFC. Witten is a beast, even if he only had 2 TDs last season. Might be the best blocking TE in the NFL. Actually every TE in the NFC east is very good.

I have said before I think they force it to Finley to much, and it sometimes hinders our offense. Im curious who will have a better season, Greg Jennings or Finley?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley will have to have a hell of a season to be the best TE in the NFC. Witten is a beast, even if he only had 2 TDs last season. Might be the best blocking TE in the NFL. Actually every TE in the NFC east is very good.

I have said before I think they force it to Finley to much, and it sometimes hinders our offense. Im curious who will have a better season, Greg Jennings or Finley?
Best blocking TE is a big stretch. Amongst the playmaking TEs, then it's a more accurate description IMHO...

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im really excited to watch Finley this season. He really turned it around last season to prove all of the nay-sayers wrong (remember he faced skepticism when drafted, I believe people said hes a player but was lazy). Finley is a premier NFL TE, no doubt about it. Hes got the best jump ball of all TE's in the NFL... thats great for the red zone!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of the BEST articles I've read concerning Jermichael Finley and it was just posted a half hour ago.

Victoria Advocate | Packers tight end Jermichael Finley knows he must choose . . .

Looks like Finely is on board with everything and I love his maturity. Especially the part where he wants to bring a superbowl championship to Green Bay and stay with the team for a long while. This guy is definitely a packer person.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best blocking TE is a big stretch. Amongst the playmaking TEs, then it's a more accurate description IMHO...

Last season he graded out as the best blocking TE in the NFL. He is also one of the more consistent blockers in the past several years.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Finley doing much blocking.
I want him mismatching routes against smaller safeties and cornerbacks, and against slower and shorter linebackers.

Good point about aGod spreading it around.
But in the Super Bowl, I expect him to be the main course shoved down Rex Ryan's throat all night long!!!!!!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of the BEST articles I've read concerning Jermichael Finley and it was just posted a half hour ago.

Victoria Advocate | Packers tight end Jermichael Finley knows he must choose . . .

Looks like Finely is on board with everything and I love his maturity. Especially the part where he wants to bring a superbowl championship to Green Bay and stay with the team for a long while. This guy is definitely a packer person.
Yeah nice piece.
This part worries me a little bit though:
Finley isn't even sure he'll participate this week because his knee sprain, which kept him out of three games last season and still isn't 100 percent. He may seek treatment elsewhere with the club's permission

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recant my vote. After reading that article I feel really optimistic about his chances for success in his career. I sure hope he succeeds, gets that amount. But with acquiring Quarless, and just in general. Our targets. I doubt he'll get the ball thrown at as much as before. (them switching in and out). He'll probably get about 60 catches. But who knows. Alls I know is i'm REALLY excited for this fall!
:happy0005:

GO PACK GO!

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I'd say he's A-rod's #1 target, and the leader in Rec's and TD's this year(and probably the next 5 or so)so maybe 89 rec's 14 td's just short of 1000 yards.( I feel like we are gonna throw it at him when we are in the redzone a lot so he wont have as much Big Play yardage.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah nice piece.
This part worries me a little bit though:
Finley isn't even sure he'll participate this week because his knee sprain, which kept him out of three games last season and still isn't 100 percent. He may seek treatment elsewhere with the club's permission

That worries me also. We have to remember that Finley can be the best TE in the league, not only by being mature but also staying healthy. I think his knee injury came up back in '08 but never really affected him much because he saw very little playing time. However he missed several games due to his knee in '09. I think this is another reason for the Quarless pick. Is TT worried that Finley may not finish a full season on the active roster? I hope so because if he manages to healthy for a full 16 games and beyond we can see his true potential.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just rewatched this, when J-mike had his coming out party.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgWTBYYcEk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Brett Favre Vikings Win Over Packers - Monday Night Football Game Highlights[/ame]

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first article was awesome. It takes a lot of balls to sit down with all those people and lay all your demons on the table like that. I really like this guy. With effort and desire like has started to show, I don't think there really is a limit to what he can achieve. As for this upcomming year, I think Finley will lead the league in receptions and TDs for tight ends. I think he could do it in yards too. The Packers just love to break that first tackle and run for a bit after they catch the ball.

As for not wanting to see him block, I don't like that. I think if he can bring his blocking up near his playmaking ability, it would make it harder for teams to gameplan around him because it doen't mean he is going down as a receiver every time he is on the field. Thats why I think Whitten is a better tight end than Dallas Clark, even though Clark has rediculous recieving numbers.

Final tally:

77 Receptions
1,127 Yards
12 Touchdowns

Members online

Latest posts