How good was Paul Hornung?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just think about this.

It has taken the 2010 edition of the Green Bay Packers 8 games to do what Paul Hornung did by himself in 12 games in 1960.

Give up? They have scored exactly 176 points.

Run, kick, pass, block, receive...the man did it all....and still partied hard and "slew" more women that year than any "5" of us would do in a lifetime. What's not to love about the guy?

Still my favorite Packer of all time.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
He also banged more chicks than the 2010 Packers combined. :brunette:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just think about this.

It has taken the 2010 edition of the Green Bay Packers 8 games to do what Paul Hornung did by himself in 12 games in 1960.

Give up? They have scored exactly 176 points.

Run, kick, pass, block, receive...the man did it all....and still partied hard and "slew" more women that year than any "5" of us would do in a lifetime. What's not to love about the guy?

Still my favorite Packer of all time.

Partied hard, yes. When Paul and Max McGee were free, mothers would lock their daughters in the house. I met a woman in Green Bay who went to a number of private parties....I can not repeat what she told me. But never mind that, in the 60's the most common comment made by Packer TV's Ray Scott was that "Paul smelled the goal-line". He was a tremendous on the half-back option passes. It was a real lose when he was suspended from the NFL for betting on football games (he only bet on the Packers to win), If not for that we might have rung up another title during the Glory Days.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old School Fan--agreed completely. What kid in the 60's didn't shift their shoulder pads after being tackled, ala Hornung? His scoring record still stands in my mind, since he did it in only 12 games. Tomlinson's record should have an * after it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The greatest Packer backfield of my lifetime

Latest posts