How Good Are the Dallas Cowboys?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I wanted to start a discussion on this topic. I watched the Cowboys / Redskins game, and the Redskins were in the red zone with 1.2 minutes left, with several tries to get in the end zone and take the lead. However, Cambell buckled a bit and got picked off. The redskins had already missed a field goal or two, which could have put them in the lead anyway. They had SEVERAL chances to put more points up on the bored but didn't, and I don't think it's because the opportunities weren't there, Cambell just couldn't capitalize enough.

I think we have a great chance of winning this game. I believe T.O. scored FOUR touchdowns in this game, and was wide open for most of them. HOW do you let TO get that open . . . . FOUR TIMES!! I'm feeling pretty good about our chances with Al Harris and Charles Woodson shadowing those guys, along with our pass rush. T.O. couldn't have had a better day really, and they were still one play away from losing this game . . . at home. Dallas almost lost this one . .

I think we're in good shape . . as long as we stay on top or our game.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only fear is Jason Witten.

Dallas is a very beatable team, but don't think it'll be easy. We won't be at home.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas are a real good team. Their record is a reflection of that. They have a lot of gloss over them from a media standpoint, but I don't think that they are better than us. I expect a very tough battle with them as I am sure most of you guys do too.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill say this. Romo has impressed me alot. I think T.O. is having a career year. With that being said, they snuck one out on the Bills, they barely beat the Vikings, and they SQUEAKED by the Redskins on Sunday. This team is good, theres no doubt about it. But heres something to look at.

Their secondary is arguably their weakest position. Terrance Newman is their best corner and he is not as good of an athete as C-Wood or AL...... Roy Williams is THE most over-rated safety in the league. Williams is either looking for the big hit or a INT. He can bight and it can = big plays. Their O-Line and D-Line I think are their best strengths, which makes them tough to beat. The key to beating Dallas is containing Romo in the pocket, he will kill you if you let him escape. Also, T.O. will only make more and more plays if he gets hot early, you must frustrate him with bump coverage, AL Harris will no doubt have his toughest matchup of the season in this game.

So after all that, I say this. If Favre plays well.....and throws accurately without interceptions we win this game. No doubt about it.

Overall we have a better passing game, better defense, and better special teams

9-1 GO PACK GO

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't really rate their D-Line, because their 3-4 system has them play as a unit. I also think Newman is one of the best corners in the league, but he's not playing that well because he's banged up.

Containing Romo isn't easy. As you said, their offensive line is their best strength. The fans have taken notice because the entire line are the front runners in the Pro Bowl balloting. Our D-Line will be tested when we go against them.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kind of defense did the Redskins use against the Cowboys? Does anyone know? Do they bump at the line that much?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only fear is Jason Witten.

Dallas is a very beatable team, but don't think it'll be easy. We won't be at home.

We almost seem better on the road. Thankfully MM is also getting the lambeau mystique back.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple things:

The o-line for Dallas is actually pretty poor. They do well in power situations, but I've watched more than half of Dallas' games this year, and if not for Romo's escapability and improvisation, they'd have 3 times as many sacks surrendered.

Darkane- Washington runs a Tampa-2, and their best player (Sean Taylor)missed today's game. Their D is only like ours in that its still a 4-3.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
A couple things:

The o-line for Dallas is actually pretty poor. They do well in power situations, but I've watched more than half of Dallas' games this year, and if not for Romo's escapability and improvisation, they'd have 3 times as many sacks surrendered.

Darkane- Washington runs a Tampa-2, and their best player (Sean Taylor)missed today's game. Their D is only like ours in that its still a 4-3.

I think our D will fair better against the Cowboys. Our press coverage will effect their timing.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think dallas is a very tough team, there is a chance that we could beat them but everybody has to be doing there job and somebody needs to cover T.O. If the defense can hold well and pressure Romo, and the offense can consistently move the ball I think Green Bay can win.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both teams are dead even, and unless one team gets completely blown out, it will stay that way, no matter who wins.

wow, one sentence, 3 commas

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers with MM are a focused team especially on the road. The more I see this team play the more convinced I am they will be ready for the Cowboys. That being said we had better concentrate on the Lions right now.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm scared that we are going to see a heck of a lot of yellow flags on our corners. I don't think they will be deserved, but it seems that when our guys go against top receivers we get the short end of the stick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay can beat Dallas. Dallas can beat Green Bay. The winner of that game could go on and lose to the other in the NFC Championship game IF they were to both make it that far.

matteogb4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first...now we have to think to the little cats (...ehm...to the lions)...then we can concentrate over the cowboys.

second...after redskins game i am convicted that we can win that game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't hear too many things from ESPN that I agree with, but when I heard that Dallas has peaked and the Packers still have room for improvement, I nodded my head in agreement.

The Packers have been getting better as the season goes on.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm scared that we are going to see a heck of a lot of yellow flags on our corners. I don't think they will be deserved, but it seems that when our guys go against top receivers we get the short end of the stick.

Me too. It seems that the Cowboys get friendlier officiating than we do, especially at home.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My son-in-law is from Texas and I get the NFL Channel and they don't so they are coming over for the game.

I heard thru the grapevine that Cody is afraid to come because he thinks Dallas is going to kick our butt.

I have two things to say about this.

1)I am SO ready for this Dallas game.

2) Is every guy from Texas named Cody or Colt or is it just me?

PS. We will win this game because our defensive line is way better than then their offensive line and I do not see any way Dallas stopping our offense.

We are exactly what Dallas does not need to see offensively. They simply do not have the defenders.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bump and run will have little to no effect on the cowboys. Every play TO and Romo make is a direct result of getting out side of the pocket and buying time.

The easiest way to beat the cowboys is.... pressure. Lots of DL rotation on their subpar Oline and i think we can win this game. Lock down TO as best you can, bump him, double cover whatever and get pressure on Romo and this game is ours.

it will be a high scoring affair and i think if we can get pressure we can create 3 turnovers. Their center-quarterback exchange has got to have the Dline and LBers licking their chops.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we heed the lesson of the Cowboys Skins game, which is don't let TO run free down the field, we have a pretty good shot at winning this game. The game should come down to QB play, and I'll take Favre over Romo any day.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from what i saw of the game and most t.o is the only w.r. that romo likes,and if you stop him and the run game we have a very good chance of winning but we need to be ready for the lions,they will be hungry for a win,and i dont want it coming from us.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both the Pack and Boys are very talented teams. That being said, while some might argue that the Boys have a more balanced offense....that can be said for the entire season but not for the last month....where Ryan Grant has closed that gap significantly. Beyond that, I thing our defense is stronger, and has better capacity to shut down the Dallas offense. Their secondary is weak, and the Packers will exploit it endlessly, forcing the Boys to account for it and opening up our running game further.

Tough, hard fought game which the Packers win.

Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris will play T.O. the way he used to play Moss; he'll bump him hard at the line to disrupt his rhythm. Then the line will have to pressure and contain Romo to make him get rid of the ball quickly. The 'boys will get their TDs, but so will the Pack. Should be a great game!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts