How far can the Badgers go.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Badgers are up to #5. With all the upsets and top ranked teams falling wondering now where you predict the Badgers finishing. Was a nice win Sat. but I think if the D doesn't improve it won't be long till be become a victim to a lower team or won't be able to hang with Ohio State. It does look like the O is coming around pretty well though so I can see them with a bit of luck , why not playing for a national title. Wouldn't that be sweet, SB title and national championship in the same year

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. Wisconsin has to play @ Ohio State, and Ohio State plays @ Purdue. If OS beats Purdue, the Badgers not having to play Purdue might hurt when it comes to the Big Ten title. I think Ohio State pretty much has the Big Ten locked up. They have by far the easiest route to the championship, but if they make it to a BCS game they'll get trounced. Purdue is coming out of nowhere, and Indiana looks pretty good. Add Ohio State and Wisconsin and thats it for the Big Ten. I think Illinois' record might be a bit deceiving. My Hawkeyes are struggling to keep their players out of jail, and we've all witnessed whats happened to the mighty Wolverines. The Big Ten really needs to add a team and split into two divisions so we can have a conference championship. I think Ohio State vs. Wisconsin on a neutral field would probably go to the Badgers. But I'll be rooting for the Badgers as long as my Hawkeyes are out of it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
didnt the fighting Ill give the badgers fits last year??

Did Stocco play at all that game or did he get hurt? I cant recall

I dont think this year the team really deserves a shot at the title to be honest UNLESS they come on like gang busters the rest of the way..

They had trouble vs UNLV, and The Citadel

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way the team has performed this year, I could see Wisconsin being beaten this weekend at Illinois. However, if they take care of business and begin playing at a level we all expected at the beginning of the season, it will come down to the road game @ Penn State and then back to back weeks at Ohio State and home against Michigan.

Right now, I see 2-3 losses and no BCS again for Bucky - but I hope I am wrong.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ends today... sadly, but without a doubt we got beat on the field by a young talented team..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to that Badger defense? They were torn to bits today.
Oh well........guess the Packers will have to make up for it tomorrow then. :wink:

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't of started this thread. Amazing how many ranked teams are dropping this year. I wouldn't be surprised if 2 , 1 loss teams play for the title

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't of started this thread. Amazing how many ranked teams are dropping this year. I wouldn't be surprised if 2 , 1 loss teams play for the title

Cdn,

What is really interesting is South Florida is #6 and should win out and go undefeated based on their Schedule.

They Beat West Virginia and beat Auburn "AT" Auburn so you have to give them some credibility.

If the Bulls go undefeated does the money grabbing NCAA pick a SEC team with one loss over South Florida that is undefeated?

It is going to be good theatre.

UPDATE: SHOCKING..... Stanford beats USC at USC!

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah.....it's not your fault! It was gonna happen reguardless! The Badgers have been so good for such a long time, it's surprising when they lose. When i was younger, they pretty much stunk every year.
The very first "live" football game i ever saw was the Badgers. I remember going, but i had NO idea what was going on on the field, and i don't even know if they won or lost.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: You were probably there just to pet Bucky
LOL! I got a Badger pennant, and i think i must have been around 6 years old or so. So that would have put it around 1963.
(Man........thats a LONG time ago!!!) :shock:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Badgers have an inter-state rival? Iowa, of course, has Iowa State. Nothing gets me more that Iowa State being 1-6, and that one win being against Iowa. I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. Haha. Anyways, I've always wondered about that.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Do the Badgers have an inter-state rival? Iowa, of course, has Iowa State. Nothing gets me more that Iowa State being 1-6, and that one win being against Iowa. I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. Haha. Anyways, I've always wondered about that.

Madison is the only Division I football team in the state... so no... we depend on beating the border states for that :razz:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the balance in college football, and rnaked teams getting picked off on a weekly basis, Wisconsin still has time to right the ship. The young players on defense should be at a point where they are more assignment sure and that will allow them to be more aggressive.

If they can get by Indiana this weekend, they should be able to handle Minnesota that would put them at 8-2, making the back to back weeks in between at Ohio State and home vs. Michigan crucial. They need to at least split those two games and finish 9-3.

They would obviously be out of a BCS bowl, but would likely earn a very good New Year bowl based on conference and the fact that Badger fans travel well.

Members online

Latest posts