How early should we take another wr??

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know why I said slot, I guess what I mean is that Boykin is more of a middle of the field, catch in traffic kind of guy just like Cobb. We need another tall deep threat like Nelson. Not that Nelson can't do everything else too.

Well, actually Boykin had 18 of his 49 (36.7%) receptions over the middle. The only other receiver that had less receptions over the middle (percentage-wise) was James Jones.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As early as round 2 if and only if Mike Evans freakishly falls to us (he won't) or if Kelvin Benjamin is still available in round 2. And as mentioned, Martavis Bryant would be our guy in round 3 or 4. Also of note, either of these two guys could probably be seamlessly converted to TE with some time in the weight room.

I'm okay with where our WR corps is right now if we don't add any noteworthy pieces, but a size guy would be nice.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As early as round 2 if and only if Mike Evans freakishly falls to us (he won't) or if Kelvin Benjamin is still available in round 2. And as mentioned, Martavis Bryant would be our guy in round 3 or 4. Also of note, either of these two guys could probably be seamlessly converted to TE with some time in the weight room.

I'm okay with where our WR corps is right now if we don't add any noteworthy pieces, but a size guy would be nice.

Benjamin will be long gone but Bryant is a realistic option as well. I like his size and speed, he's still a bit raw but as i mentioned earlier the guy is a physicl freak. Reminds me alot of Dez Bryant with his body control and ability to locate the ball. Bryant is about three inches bigger so having him in the red zone would be a great help. He had 3 catches against my Buckeyes and two were touchdowns he caught in the red zone.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the earliest we take one should be the 3rd, unless something crazy happens and a guy high on the board falls.

There are a lot of good players on the defensive side that will be there rounds 1-2. This draft is pretty deep. I wouldn't mind trading out of the first round and accumulate as many 2's, 3's, and 4's as possible.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, actually Boykin had 18 of his 49 (36.7%) receptions over the middle. The only other receiver that had less receptions over the middle (percentage-wise) was James Jones.

Jesus, you guys and your stats. Answer this simple question, is Boykin a down the field threat? A deep ball threat? If you have stats to say he is, I'm wrong. That's my point though, we need a deep ball receiver to go along with jordy. Like jones was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

D

Deleted member 6794

Jesus, you guys and your stats. Answer this simple question, is Boykin a down the field threat? A deep ball threat? If you have stats to say he is, I'm wrong. That's my point though, we need a deep ball receiver to go along with jordy. Like jones was.

Boykin was targeted 10 times for more than 20 yards, caught four of those passes (compared to Jones 17 and 7).

So while Boykin doesn't possess blazing speed he is a good route runner with reliable hands, being able to haul in long passes as well.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boykin was targeted 10 times for more than 20 yards, caught four of those passes (compared to Jones 17 and 7).

So while Boykin doesn't possess blazing speed he is a good route runner with reliable hands, being able to haul in long passes as well.

Four 20 plus yard catches isn't very many at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And by the way 2 of those 4 were yards after the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Jones is not a 7th round projection as I once though...he is up to the 4th round. Still work taking IMO.

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score

As a Clemson fan, Martavis Bryant has only 5th round or later talent. His speed is why he is slated to go earlier than he should. He does not have good hands and we should avoid him until the 5th round or later. I've seen him play on TV and I know what I'm talking about.

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
If Sammy Watkins falls to us, we should take him. Here's why:

1) He will be special and has HOF talent.
2) He is a team player and is not prima donna.
3) He has what we need in a WR.
4) He is a once in a lifetime prospect- we should trade up to get him, even sending Jordy Nelson and a draft pick if neccessary. If we pass up on Sammy Watkins, I will be furious.... I have seen him play in college and I've never seen a college football WR as good as him.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Sammy Watkins falls to us, we should take him. Here's why:

4) He is a once in a lifetime prospect- we should trade up to get him, even sending Jordy Nelson and a draft pick if neccessary. If we pass up on Sammy Watkins, I will be furious.... I have seen him play in college and I've never seen a college football WR as good as him.

Watkins won´t fall to #21 and TT won´t and shouldn´t trade up to get him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins won't fall to us. Here's why:

4) He is a once in a lifetime prospect. I have seen him play in college and I've never seen a college football WR as good as him.
FIFY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts