How does it taste Packers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Hauschild is officially an idiot. Quarterbackk play is predicaed on the quality of the offensive line. If situations were reversed, Judas would have thrown at least two picks. Not withstanding that, Rodgers numbers were solid, I believe they were actually better than those Judas put up.
Hey dummy dum Pom-Pom, were you aware that Percy Harvin gave the VIkings incredibly good field advantage pretty much everytime, brining around mid field, if not in Packers territory?

So, with all your "wisdom" (or lack of knowledge of football in general ...), how do you explain that pretty much the same offensive line and wide receivers were able to play as well as they did in 2006/07 season going 14-4, including hammering the Seahawks in the first play-off game ... only to lose in overtime to the NY Giants (who later won the SB) ?

Seems to me that the offensive line that season wasn't as bad at all ... Granted a new defensive scheme has been implemented, however that offensive line also played last season, where the Packers went 6-10 ...

Rodgers had a great (stat-wise) season ... and is on track for a repeat performance ...

Last, I can't help but wonder if you are having the same "issues" in real life, because it seems there is alot of "tension" in you ... as well as much passive-aggressive behaviour ...

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you a moron? We had a healthy Tauscher, a healthy younger Chad Clifton back then. And that was two years ago. Wahle and Rivera petered out in a two year period
And don't liken yourself to a psychologist, bum. You are no expert on that, or anything.
I direct you to the Favre now or Rodgers thread. There is no point in me regurgitating what has already been said.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeahyeah sorry i forgot, it was actually TT that threw the pick in the championship game.

No..but who's ******* players didn't do S*H*I*T for the whole game against the Giants...were they FAVRE'S...

Did Favre draft those lameasses that didn't come to play that day...???

NO?

Who did then, I wonder, Lambeauharrier?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Are you a moron? We had a healthy Tauscher, a healthy younger Chad Clifton back then. And that was two years ago. Wahle and Rivera petered out in a two year period
And don't liken yourself to a psychologist, bum. You are no expert on that, or anything.
I direct you to the Favre now or Rodgers thread. There is no point in me regurgitating what has already been said.

- You don't seem to read all that well ... The 2006/07 season (14-4) versus the 2007/08 season (6-10) ... was the one I questioned ... - Yet you are totally disregarding that in your reply ... Was Clifton and Tauscher injured last season as well ?

It is rather comical how you always get agitated and start to throw a temper-tantrum and tossing insults around, whenever you come up short ...

Keep going, because it's actually quite funny, all though it does make me feel a little sorry for you ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you a moron?

At first when I'd read your insults, I'd feel bad for you. However, I now feel bad for every member on this forum having to put up with your adolescent grumblings.

Grow up, son! :shock:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better to hold on to it and get sacked than throw the game away with a pick six. Rodgers holds on to the ball too long. So what? Better that than throw errant interceptions. He will learn to throw the ball away. He has incredible presence.
Yes I am disappointed this season. I saw the preseason as a harbinger of good thngs. Who didn't? Strahan said he predicated a Giants Packers rematch for the NFC game, with the Pack prevailing.

If Rodgers has to learn how to throw the ball away then we are in BIG trouble. Not a real tough thing to figure out. Incredible presence? Is holding on the all for eternity presence?
I feel sorry for you that you would get excited over the preseason. But you are not the only one. Just another fan that thinks the org is as close to perfect as any can be. You are the poster boy for
"blinded fan syndrome". Most pack fans have this and there is a cure. Just stop believing in TT and realize this team has more holes than a ***** and you can recover. Also remove "some day" from your vocab. I see this catching on and soon we will all turn into clones of Raider fans.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has to learn how to throw the ball away then we are in BIG trouble. Not a real tough thing to figure out. Incredible presence? Is holding on the all for eternity presence?
I feel sorry for you that you would get excited over the preseason. But you are not the only one. Just another fan that thinks the org is as close to perfect as any can be. You are the poster boy for
"blinded fan syndrome". Most pack fans have this and there is a cure. Just stop believing in TT and realize this team has more holes than a ***** and you can recover. Also remove "some day" from your vocab. I see this catching on and soon we will all turn into clones of Raider fans.

TT acquisitions and moves, just off the top of my head.

Rodgers
Jennings
James Jones
Jolly
Clay Matthews
Woodson
Jordy Nelson
Blackmun (I think)

The only thing to fault TT for is the offensive line, and that is because replacements for Tauscher idid not work out AND because Clifton suffered an unexpected injury. Most all NFL experts agree he is one off the top evaluators of talent in the league. He put together the superbowl seahawks team, and righted the team away from the Sherman disaster.
Should he get more free agents? Yes. Does he need to revamp the offensive line, yes. But iff you compare that with the postive things he has done, overall he has done a good job. Far better than most teams in a rebuilding phase, some of which have been in the forresst for years in not decades.
Good god the Favre lovers and Thompson haters are out in force. I do not know why I bother to subject myself to this lunacy.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are these things called stats, you should look at them sometime. Rodgers owns Favre in EVERY category right now...NFL Stats: by Player Category

Rodgers would be a scary QB if he could get some blocking/learn to throw the ball away.

Listen. Im a Packers fan and im assuming you are a Packers fan as well.... BUT

Ignorant comments like this will get you no where. Please, especially if youre going to link something, research before you write because youre wrong. Rodgers does not OWN Favre in every category, Favre actually leads Rodgers in some categories. This not only makes you look bad but you lose credibility as a poster as well.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
TT acquisitions and moves, just off the top of my head.

Rodgers
Jennings
James Jones
Jolly
Clay Matthews
Woodson
Jordy Nelson
Blackmun (I think)

The only thing to fault TT for is the offensive line, and that is because replacements for Tauscher idid not work out AND because Clifton suffered an unexpected injury. Most all NFL experts agree he is one off the top evaluators of talent in the league. He put together the superbowl seahawks team, and righted the team away from the Sherman disaster.
Should he get more free agents? Yes. Does he need to revamp the offensive line, yes. But iff you compare that with the postive things he has done, overall he has done a good job. Far better than most teams in a rebuilding phase, some of which have been in the forresst for years in not decades.
Good god the Favre lovers and Thompson haters are out in force. I do not know why I bother to subject myself to this lunacy.

So if Ted Thomson is the "Guru" you are painting him out to be ... how come this rebuilding process - going into year 5 now, still hasn't paid off ?

Or do you expect the Packers to be rebuilding indifinitely ?

And You still haven't answered my question ...

Was Clifton and Tauscher injured last season ?

There are these things called stats, you should look at them sometime. Rodgers owns Favre in EVERY category right now...NFL Stats: by Player Category

Rodgers would be a scary QB if he could get some blocking/learn to throw the ball away.

Did you even bother to look at the stats ? ... - RedZone efficiency for one ? ... Completion % another one ... and the most important one of all: Wins vs Loses ...

I'm amazed at how people can still try to argue this ... - Yet every time they do ... they come up short ... - If you are going to be using statistics ... atleast do it right and use the correct ones that backs up your claim ...

In case you don't know ... Statistics are rather elusive, because they can be used and twisted to support whichever case you want to make really ...

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where do you get Pom-pom from hauschild?

I call him pom-pom because he cheers for everyone, well everyone who is anyone in the NFC North. Someone else actually came up with the reference, and I am going with it.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I have to give you an education Quientus? Last year, we were not losing because of poor pass protection last year. Everything looked fine on that end, except that we had no running game. We lost because our defense was hobbling on one foot with colossal injuries.
This is realyl astounding, I mean really?
As far as stats, ok Rodgers leads in MOST major stats, with a shoddy offensive line and no running game to balance the attack, not to mention horrible play calling that abandon the short slant and short route passes.
Edit--and yes Tauscher was injured last year, but we seem to be reeling from it more this year, for whatever reason.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Do I have to give you an education Quientus? Last year, we were not losing because of poor pass protection last year. Everything looked fine on that end, except that we had no running game. We lost because our defense was hobbling on one foot with colossal injuries.
This is realyl astounding, I mean really?
As far as stats, ok Rodgers leads in MOST major stats, with a shoddy offensive line and no running game to balance the attack, not to mention horrible play calling that abandon the short slant and short route passes.

I'm sorry, but I have got to ask ... - Are you dyslexic ? Or do you simply NOT read ?

I'll ask the question again ...

Going from the 2006-07 season to the 2007-08 season (LAST season incase you still don't get it ...) - Was Clifton and Tauscher injured ?

Again ... I wasn't asking you about *THIS* season (the 2009-10 season) ... but the Season BEFORE this one ... as in LAST season ...

To make it REALLY clear-cut ... in the 2006-07 season ... (The season where Grant had his so-called "break-out" season), the Packers had ZERO running game for the first 8-9 games ... Yet they (the Packers) were still doing rather WELL ... and ended the regular season 13-3 ...

Then they played the Seahawks and won, then lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship game ...

And last ... once again ... the season I'm referring to is LAST season ... Where Rodgers actually played with most of the same offensive line that the Packers have this season ...

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No..but who's ******* players didn't do S*H*I*T for the whole game against the Giants...were they FAVRE'S...

Did Favre draft those lameasses that didn't come to play that day...???

NO?

Who did then, I wonder, Lambeauharrier?

well then, JEFF. I believe you are referring to Ted Thompson. As much as you love to hate him, i dont think you could do any better than him at building a 13-3 team. And realistically, had Judas completed a few passes, Crosby nails the FG and were off to the SB. In the mass celebrations afterwards TT is hailed as a hero and trolls like you cant bring up how much of a bad GM he is.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have got to ask ... - Are you dyslexic ? Or do you simply NOT read ?

Going from the 2006-07 season to the 2007-08 season (LAST season incase you still don't get it ...) - Was Clifton and Tauscher injured ?

Again ... I wasn't asking you about *THIS* season (the 2009-10 season) ... but the Season BEFORE this one ... as in LAST season ...

To make it REALLY clear-cut ... in the 2006-07 season ... (The season where Grant had his so-called "break-out" season), the Packers had ZERO running game for the first 8-9 games ... Yet they (the Packers) were still doing rather WELL ... and ended the regular season 13-3 ...

Then they played the Seahawks and won, then lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship game ...

And last ... once again ... the season I'm referring to is LAST season ... Where Rodgers actually played with most of the same offensive line that the Packers have this season ...

It is you who is not reading. I stated in my last thread that Tauscher was injured, although we did not feel the effects from it until this year.
If you bothered to read with any care, you would also see that my response--in very clear English-- is that two years is a long time for an offensive line. Namely, Rivera and Wahle both maintained pro-bowl level of play for just one year after the Pack. What the offensive line did two years ago--which can be an eternity for offensive linemen0-- really does not mean jack $hit, especially since Tauscher was injured last year, and Clifton may be worn out also.
I really do not know where you are going with this.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score

how can you offend his interlectual capacity when your missing out the 2008/2009 season?!!?!?!?!?!?!

grant had his breakout 07/08. jeeeeez.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
well then, JEFF. I believe you are referring to Ted Thompson. As much as you love to hate him, i dont think you could do any better than him at building a 13-3 team. And realistically, had Judas completed a few passes, Crosby nails the FG and were off to the SB. In the mass celebrations afterwards TT is hailed as a hero and trolls like you cant bring up how much of a bad GM he is.

Heh ... - Kinda ironic isn't it ? ...

TT seemingly "built" the 2007 13-3 Team ... only to have the almost exact team go 6-10 the year after, with one change only ...

Not to mention the previous year, where the Packers ended 8-8 ... Going even another year back, to the almost very start of TT's rebuilding process, where Favre had his ONLY losing season ever in Green Bay ... ending 4-12 ...

So to summarize:

Pre TT:

2000 - 9-7
2001 - 12-4
2002 - 12-4
2003 - 10-6
2004 - 10-6

Combined: 53 wins vs 27 loses

Post TT:

2005 - 4-12 (TT replacing Mike Sherman) TT's first season as GM
2006 - 8-8
2007 - 13-3
2008 - 6-10
2009 - 4-3 and counting ...

Combined: 35 wins vs 36 loses and counting ...

Granted TT was brought in by the Packers Board knowing that TT solely (almost) only builds through the draft ... but seriously ... - practically dismantling a winning team over night ... and not really doing much later shows a "tendency" that doesn't really bode well for the Packers organisation ... - From the looks of it ... it more looks like 2007 was a "fluke" season, as opposed to TT being the person "who built *that* particular team" really ...

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the analysis of a simpleton. 4-12 was a team decimated with injuries, and loaded with bad Sherman era picks. That you do not acknowledge such an obvious truth reveals you to be intellectually dishonest.
Last year, must I say this again? Injuries on defense. The offensive unit that TT put togetehr was pretty potent. The dfense was just hobbling on one leg and could not hold a lead. Then you had Crosby shanking last second, game winning field goals agaisnt the Bears and Vikings. How are either of those two factors Polar Bear's fault.
You cannot just say that, oh well the Pack went 4-12 two seconds after Polar Bear took the rein. ANd they went 6-10 last year. One must analyze and assess the reasons why these seasons occured as they did.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in fairness to TT... and i myself am not much of a fan, we HAD to go through a stage of breaking Rodgers in, it was unavoidable, unless we wanted to lose our franchise qb of the future. but even then if we kept favre he would someday retire (MAYBE :D) and we would have to go through an inevitable losing season or two.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And even with that, without those injuries on the defense we would have been golden. We lost seven games by four points or less--basically running on second string defense. And that is somehow Polar Bear's fault.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This is the analysis of a simpleton. 4-12 was a team decimated with injuries, and loaded with bad Sherman era picks. That you do not acknowledge such an obvious truth reveals you to be intellectually dishonest.
Last year, must I say this again? Injuries on defense. The offensive unit that TT put togetehr was pretty potent. The dfense was just hobbling on one leg and could not hold a lead. Then you had Crosby shanking last second, game winning field goals agaisnt the Bears and Vikings. How are either of those two factors Polar Bear's fault.
You cannot just say that, oh well the Pack went 4-12 two seconds after Polar Bear took the rein. ANd they went 6-10 last year. One must analyze and assess the reasons why these seasons occured as they did.

Again you apparently do *NOT* read what is written LOL ...

I listed a "statistic" ... a statistic by which all GM's are judged by after a certain time ... - I didn't analyze anything ... - I was postulating ... - There is a HUGE difference between those two ... but seemingly you just don't get it ...

Again ... IF you cared to even read (and comprehend) to which comment I was replying to ... then perhaps you *might* understand better ... - But then again ... that would require you to actually *READ* what you are replying to ... and not just hit the reply button ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts