How does it taste Packers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karabunch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a bittersweet game.

Of course, Packers love Brett. However, of course Packers love Aaron.

It was so cool to see the Brett talking with the Pack after the game.

It's history, we love Brett...but now we have to love Aaron more.

cinnamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow what a valid point. Without great players, we wouldn't win Super Bowls.

Of course we won championships with Starr and Favre, they were great players. All Super Bowl teams have great players. Without them, nobody would get to a Super Bowl. It's simple, unless you're a Vikings fan and the only great player you've had under center is our sloppy seconds.

One of them still is a great player. Your "qb of the future" is never going to be half as good as him.

LedZep38

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of them still is a great player. Your "qb of the future" is never going to be half as good as him.

Of course not. Nobody here is arguing that, when the QB that left is one of the greatest to play the game you can't possibly expect another to come close to filling his shoes. That's not the debate.

I was just saying its funny how the best QB you guys have ever had or will ever have is just using your team to have one last swan song. You'll be stuck with Sage whatshisface in a couple years, and you'll be crying once Favre starts to throw a few picks and makes some of the knucklhead plays that we in GB have gotten used to.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? I'm confused. lol

Let me explain it to someone who is dense. It was posted that this was the worst day of our lives. If the Packers losing a football game, even to the Vikings with Favre at the helm, is the worst day of my life then that is pretty amazing cause I'm not pissed nor will I suffer at all today. If being a little disappointed is as bad as it gets for me then the sky is the limit when it comes to how good life can get.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What you don't understand, LedZep...is the context some of those plays were made in...

You all want to put the blame on Favre for some of those games, but there was plenty of blame to go around (usually) amongst the other Packers players, coaches, GM's, etc...

Why you want to stick it just on Favre is beyond alot of us, and other NFL fans...

YOu just sound like a bunch of sour grapes whiners when you do that ****.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to use gay slurs on here.

I'm glad cinnamon can see into the future. Could you tell me if 2012 really is the year when the apocalypse comes.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm guessing they don't score 38 if Tavaris Jackson is playing QB. Vikings shouldn't even have Favre right now.

2007 Pack 13-3
2008 Pack 6-10

One thing changed. Hmmm what was it?

Ryan Grant stopped being effective and the defense stopped trying.

Win a playoff game this decade, Dallas fan, and then you get to talk trash.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears Packers fans refuse to accept that Brett Favre remains a "more effective" NFL QB than Rodgers. I hope Ted Thompson doesn't harbor this type of animosity or the Packers will never improve.

We've got to own up to self-evident truths in order to better the team - well, maybe not us, but Thompson for certain. For those who continually blamed Brett for any cherry-picked Packers loss and not hold Rodgers as accountable in the same vein is very telling. Personally, I can never live in a world filled with such denial and naivete.

Problems will never be fixed without admitting any exist.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, Hauschild.

Excellent Post!

Thanks, but now read all the rebuttals that blast me for my honesty. I am to be ignored and stifled because I uncover the ugly truths.

Pride is a helluva obstacle to overcome.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gloat now. Remember, puppy, it is this year or bust for you. Judas probably does not have anohter season in him. And the running back is the disposable postion in the league. Only a couple of more years for [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/517568"]Adrian Peterson[/URL]. On the other hand, Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Jennings and Jones are the real deal, and will be for many years.
In all likelihood, the Vikings have won the division. The Pack may still contend for the wild-card, and if we meet for a third-time, look-out. If we do not, or if the Packers fail to make the post-season, we still have the brighter prognosis in the long-term scheme of things. Do you really think you can beat the Eagles or the Saints in the Playoffs. The Cardinals and Falcons are similarly capable of derailing this train. And whne it happens, remember my words, and drink liquid dran-o, and well you know. . ..

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears Packers fans refuse to accept that Brett Favre remains a "more effective" NFL QB than Rodgers. I hope Ted Thompson doesn't harbor this type of animosity or the Packers will never improve.

We've got to own up to self-evident truths in order to better the team - well, maybe not us, but Thompson for certain. For those who continually blamed Brett for any cherry-picked Packers loss and not hold Rodgers as accountable in the same vein is very telling. Personally, I can never live in a world filled with such denial and naivete.

Problems will never be fixed without admitting any exist.

You are so full of $h!t it is unreal. Nevermind the Vikings returned kicks each and every time to give the VIkings excellent fieeld position, nevermind the myriad non-calls for holding that should have been against the Vikes, or the killer penalties that the Pack suffered, your dreamboy would never have played half as well with a collapsing pocket as Rodgers. Rodgers is the real deal and a better quarterback right now, and played better than your dreamboy. He is not the reason we lost.

cinnamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me explain it to someone who is dense. It was posted that this was the worst day of our lives. If the Packers losing a football game, even to the Vikings with Favre at the helm, is the worst day of my life then that is pretty amazing cause I'm not pissed nor will I suffer at all today. If being a little disappointed is as bad as it gets for me then the sky is the limit when it comes to how good life can get.

Yea, I got that. The scenario with finding cures wasn't good reasoning for yesterday being the worst day of your life. Showing examples of the best day of your life does not have any relevance to your worst day. Get it?

cinnamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are so full of $h!t it is unreal. Nevermind the Vikings returned kicks each and every time to give the VIkings excellent fieeld position, nevermind the myriad non-calls for holding that should have been against the Vikes, or the killer penalties that the Pack suffered, your dreamboy would never have played half as well with a collapsing pocket as Rodgers. Rodgers is the real deal and a better quarterback right now, and played better than your dreamboy. He is not the reason we lost.

Rodgers is the better qb right now? What do you base this on?

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very briefly, stats, that Favre would have thrown interceptions or been hurt if he played with that ****-poor offensive line.
Remember, Vikings special teams also killed us with ridiculous field position.
Man the kool-aid drinkers are out in force. It ain't easy being Green and Gold, at least not right now.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings should be embarrassed. Their Defense has been exposed as being weaker than billed, and while they may win the Division, I'm going to laugh when they lose their first play off game at home to say, the Eagles ;)

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, I got that. The scenario with finding cures wasn't good reasoning for yesterday being the worst day of your life. Showing examples of the best day of your life does not have any relevance to your worst day. Get it?

Wow, and I thought the word "dense" was appropriate, I'll look for something stronger. Do you not understand satire? The whole point is that yesterday wasn't the worst day of my life by far.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you don't understand, LedZep...is the context some of those plays were made in...

You all want to put the blame on Favre for some of those games, but there was plenty of blame to go around (usually) amongst the other Packers players, coaches, GM's, etc...

Why you want to stick it just on Favre is beyond alot of us, and other NFL fans...

YOu just sound like a bunch of sour grapes whiners when you do that ****.

yeahyeah sorry i forgot, it was actually TT that threw the pick in the championship game.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild is officially an idiot. Quarterbackk play is predicaed on the quality of the offensive line. If situations were reversed, Judas would have thrown at least two picks. Not withstanding that, Rodgers numbers were solid, I believe they were actually better than those Judas put up.
Hey dummy dum Pom-Pom, were you aware that Percy Harvin gave the VIkings incredibly good field advantage pretty much everytime, brining around mid field, if not in Packers territory?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Hauschild is officially an idiot. Quarterbackk play is predicaed on the quality of the offensive line. If situations were reversed, Judas would have thrown at least two picks. Not withstanding that, Rodgers numbers were solid, I believe they were actually better than those Judas put up.
Hey dummy dum Pom-Pom, were you aware that Percy Harvin gave the VIkings incredibly good field advantage pretty much everytime, brining around mid field, if not in Packers territory?

You do realize that you pretty much contradicted yourself you there, don't you ?

IF the situation were reversed, it's pretty evident that most people wouldn't be complaining about the offensive line, but about Favre ...

FACT: Rodgers at one time in the game had 6,5 SECONDS ! But still GOT Sacked !!!

FACT: Favre releases the ball way faster than Rodgers does, generally speaking ...

Again ... perhaps you *should* try get your own facts straight before you spew out all kinds of nonsense, and behave like a 4 year old, who just got told he is wrong ...

So, in *your* mind, when it's Favre, it's because he has a great team surrounding him ... whereas when he doesn't, it's all Favres fault ? Because that is what you are saying actually ... - Which is why I pointed out the hypocricy in your statement(s) ...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hes an idiot alright. I have never seen an idiot be so right though. Kind of funny how somebody with a differing opinion is always the idiot to you. Tell me wolf, what did you think gb was going to do this year comming into the season after the 4 preseason games? I bet you thought they were going to be unstoppable. Only idiots get jacked over preseason. Get a life and realize that Ted will never say thank you no matter how much you wash his balls.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better to hold on to it and get sacked than throw the game away with a pick six. Rodgers holds on to the ball too long. So what? Better that than throw errant interceptions. He will learn to throw the ball away. He has incredible presence.
Yes I am disappointed this season. I saw the preseason as a harbinger of good thngs. Who didn't? Strahan said he predicated a Giants Packers rematch for the NFC game, with the Pack prevailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts