1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Tailgate?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Erick, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Erick

Erick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Tailgating has been a huge part of game day for me. We set up early that morning and fire up the smoker/grill. I usually serve BBQ ribs, brisket, brats and chickens. We park in our regular spot and pitch a canopy. I usually serve my homebrew or a variety of craft beers from microbreweries.
    The Packer tailgate has inspired my tailgating, so I would like to know how others set up their tailgate, and share some tips if they have any. What kind of beer do you have and how do you cook?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh....you should talk to Trippster on this site. He's an old pro at it!
    He makes a jambalaya (I don't know if i spelled it right) that you would use straight tabasco sauce to take the burn outta your mouth!!! :lol:
    He really knows how to "par-tay!" :D

3. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never tailgated. I went out to the Packers/49ers game in 2006, but didn't have a big group of friends with me (not too many Packers fans in the Bay Area, go figure). Since I have to watch most games either at home or at a bar, I'll typically grab a few glasses of Hefeweizen and massive basket of fries. It works =)

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just sit on the tailgate of my truck, I thought this was tailgating, and oh yeah, then I follow people "closely" behind them.

5. azmedic85308

azmedic85308 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Believe it or not I have asked some people around here in the Phoenix area if they know what tailgating is, and they all say "following too close behind someone". :wall:

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My nephew will be tailgating at the Superbowl.
    I guess a Yooper is going to have to show Arizonians how to do it.
    I'm sure thosands of Packer fans will be there demonstrating the art of tailgating as well.

7. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to do it in Green Bay, but I can say it would be hard to top the atmosphere in Buffalo. The times I have done it involved bringing Canadian microbrew, the BBQ with burgers, steaks, sausages. The locals are pretty generous with their wings and trading them for our booze. Cranking out the tunes, but usually keeping it Canadian with the Tragically Hip being a favourite. Chucking the football around and trying to create a Can vs. Am touch game with the locals. Buffalo has so much stuff going on with hot-tubs, sports radio, vendors, and Bills promotion that you really need to be a complete moron not to have a great time. Still need to get my butt to Lambeau though.

8. Erick

Erick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What is the beer of choice at the Lambeau parking lot? And I don't wanna hear anything thing about Bud/Miller/Coors.

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For me...Leine's regular and Old Style....with a little Jack/Jim and coke to top it off.

Festive times!

10. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Erick, I've been brewing for over 20 years now. When I go to WI, it's Sprecher, Captial, Tyranena, New Glarus, or Lakefront for me. All are considered some of the finest breweries in the US.
    You work at a brewery in Stillwater?