How do YOU feel about the Detroit Lions?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to feel anything but sorry for them.
They are such a **** poor team from a really bad run down city (so they say) that it's hard to feel mad at them.
I suppose if/when they start being serious contenders then we will see this being used more often: :detsux:
(Between the Bears and Viqueens, this one actually really fits. I mean, the Lions really do suck. Sad but true.)

So what are your thoughts/feelings about the Lions?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My real anguish is that we can never truly establish a rivalry with them like Bears or the Queenies. The truth is they really have nothing to trash talk with. Their team is still light years away from actually contending. Hopefully they do get to some level to prove the doubters wrong, but this year isn't it.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they have serious talent building up and what wonders getting rid of Millen has done eh? I also think they may suprise a few teams looking for an easy win..i wonder if Suh is as good as they are predicting?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think they're going to be good this year. Not 10 wins good, but 8 isn't out of the question.

Do not sleep on the Lions. They're on the right path and soon they'll be a contender in this division. And when they're good, that's when a rivalry with the Packers is born.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind the Lions too much. They're the Barney Fife of the NFL, and like you guys, I feel sorry for them. That said, there's only two losses I want them to get each season. After that, I root for them to win most, if not all of their other games.

As an aside, I think they'll be much improved this season, and can see them going 6-10 or even 8-8. Who knows, they might just surprise us. They've made lots of great improvement on the defense with Suh and Vanden Bosch, plus Stafford has another year under his belt. Not to mention grabbing Javid Best for the back field. I think they're gonna surprise a lot of people.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Their defense is still pretty bad. Even with Suh they still some more playmakers. Give it a couple more years and I can see the NFC North being the toughest division in the NFL.

Packers
Lions
Vikings
Bears

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont see stafford being elite, but he can be decent with some good wideouts. I can see them coming around and being decent. One this is for sure, if they ever win the superbowl it would be a cinderella story for Detroit and Disney would be all up on that for a movie.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a good friend who's buddies with Lion TE Tony Scheffler, and he says that Calvin Johnson is going to have a monster year with their new system which will isolate him more.

As for them.... I kinda feel sorry for them, but not really because we GIFTED them Barry Sanders in 1989.

Then we played them 2 or 3 years in a row in the playoffs in the early 90's..... it was a neat little rivalry there. Sanders would kill us, or we'd totally shut him down.

I hope they beat the Vikings this year though. They almost did early last year.
They could beat us. We lost to Tampa Bay, and I think Detroit is better than them.

Suh is a beast. Delmas is good at safety... VandenBosch at DE is still a guy who can make a big play.
I'm not sold on Jahvideo Best, but he could explode in that offense.

Stafford has a great arm, and showed guts in that win over Cleveland, but I don't love the guy.

I'd peg them to go 6-10 or 7-9 this year. Improved.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont see stafford being elite, but he can be decent with some good wideouts. I can see them coming around and being decent. One this is for sure, if they ever win the superbowl it would be a cinderella story for Detroit and Disney would be all up on that for a movie.
Of course I only want the Pack to be in the SB.
But if it did somehow end up being the Lions I'd be pulling for them since they would give their city a much needed light the way the Saints did for Newawlens this year.

As for the Dizzey movie, I don't mean to seem like a racist, (How else can I put this without seeming like one?) but it seems like they are doing the black person athlete miracle related thing to death.
Radio, The Express, that basketball one, Remember the Titans, Blindside, etc etc.
I don't mean that they should be making movies about white athletes but how many ideas can there be with just black ones? Are they forgetting that there are white teamates too, who are not racist?
I would love to see a movie about the begginings of baseball. How it developed. Or even football or the Packers since they were one of, if not the, first NFL teams.
But they won't do that because it isn't PC to not put in at least one black guy somewhere.
(Trust me-I'm not a racist. Just writing how it is from my viewpoint.)
And I'm sure they would make up tons of stuff and exaterate things that never happened just like they did with Remember the Titans.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre,

No you don't sound racist to me. You just sound like you have your eyes open.
It's not just those sports movies either. Anyone notice commercials?
Who's the superhero Old Spice guy?

I guess you can always hang your hat up on the old movie "Rudy" !!

Intersting sidenote on your topic: I let my 7 & 8 year old boys watch the original Bad News Bears last week. This movie was from the 1970's when times were good, people weren't so politically-correct paranoid, easily-offended, etc.

Those kids and the star Walter Matteau used the word ****** freely in that movie! I had to shield my kids!
I mean they used it as just a semi-curse word like ******, fool, moron, etc. I know today's rap lyrics use it and all, but it was very very odd to hear it used in such a manner, in a kids movie no less !

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That is kinda weird, I'm going to get you two mixed up. I would have never noticed had RS not said something.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I only want the Pack to be in the SB.
But if it did somehow end up being the Lions I'd be pulling for them since they would give their city a much needed light the way the Saints did for Newawlens this year.

As for the Dizzey movie, I don't mean to seem like a racist, (How else can I put this without seeming like one?) but it seems like they are doing the black person athlete miracle related thing to death.
Radio, The Express, that basketball one, Remember the Titans, Blindside, etc etc.
I don't mean that they should be making movies about white athletes but how many ideas can there be with just black ones? Are they forgetting that there are white teamates too, who are not racist?
I would love to see a movie about the begginings of baseball. How it developed. Or even football or the Packers since they were one of, if not the, first NFL teams.
But they won't do that because it isn't PC to not put in at least one black guy somewhere.
(Trust me-I'm not a racist. Just writing how it is from my viewpoint.)
And I'm sure they would make up tons of stuff and exaterate things that never happened just like they did with Remember the Titans.

The Lombardi movie should make you happy

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixed feelings on Stafford, but the best game of last season not including the playoffs was the lions browns game. His numbers were terrible but he has something. And I think Megatron could be the best WR in the league at some point.

I dont know even know that many lions fans to be honest. And the ones that I do dont talk any smack and seem depressed, not that I blame them. Lions fans only seem to like to talk about Barry like the Bears fans only like to talk about 1985. Both become annoying rather quickly.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixed feelings on Stafford, but the best game of last season not including the playoffs was the lions browns game. His numbers were terrible but he has something. And I think Megatron could be the best WR in the league at some point.

I dont know even know that many lions fans to be honest. And the ones that I do dont talk any smack and seem depressed, not that I blame them. Lions fans only seem to like to talk about Barry like the Bears fans only like to talk about 1985. Both become annoying rather quickly.
When you have past glory days, what else is there to talk about?
Like in regards to the Brewers. All we can reflect on is when they went to the WS back in the 80's.
Ya know, The True Blue Brew Crew.
A few years ago they honored these guys with a 20 year reunion at Miller Park during a game.
That's when you know your current team is lousy when they reflect on the good one from a couple decades ago.
I cannot bring myself to be a current fan of the Brewers.
The ones of the 80's? Still love 'em.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre,

No you don't sound racist to me. You just sound like you have your eyes open.
It's not just those sports movies either. Anyone notice commercials?
Who's the superhero Old Spice guy?

I guess you can always hang your hat up on the old movie "Rudy" !!

Intersting sidenote on your topic: I let my 7 & 8 year old boys watch the original Bad News Bears last week. This movie was from the 1970's when times were good, people weren't so politically-correct paranoid, easily-offended, etc.

Those kids and the star Walter Matteau used the word ****** freely in that movie! I had to shield my kids!
I mean they used it as just a semi-curse word like ******, fool, moron, etc. I know today's rap lyrics use it and all, but it was very very odd to hear it used in such a manner, in a kids movie no less !
Thanx for the understanding.
Or watch the first Airplane! movie to see how times have indeed changed.
I just don't get it why certain things are now unacceptible.
Who the heck makes up all these rules and are speaking for others saying that it's insensitive to this or that group?

The Lombardi movie should make you happy
I hope so!
I'm sure they'll take liberties with it and add things that didn't really happen.
But I'd still like to see it if it gets made.

Members online

Latest posts