How do you all feel about Ryan Grant?

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amongst all the hoopla that the Favre/Packers situation had caused, Ryan Grant's little drama kind of got lost in the shuffle. To be honest I'm more bent out of shape at Ryan Grant for holding out. Sure he had a great year, but to be honest I'm baffled as to why the Packers would be so willing to give him a 4 year deal worth $30 million when he made NO IMPACT whatsoever in the playoff game against the Giants. Now he's injured and missing practices. I've been thinking about this and Ryan seems to be all right if there is an open lane (which the O-line did a good job creating) but he seems to have trouble making cuts. I've got a strange feeling we have a one year wonder on our hands. What are your thoughts?

PackinCheeseWhiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why he cashed in when he did i think. He knows defenses are going to stack the box with rodgers behind center to put the pressure constantly on him to make good decisions quickly. He's going to be facing blitzes all day. I hope im wrong but i dont think he going to start off well with the teams we face early and the injuries reoccuring.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know what his guaranteed money is, but to get paid the full $30M, he'll have to rush for 2,000 yards at least once. no small feat. if he can do that, i'd be happy to pay him 30M.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's an absolute beast, and I have no problem predicting him to be in the top 5 in rushing this season, barring injury of course.

OP
OP
Kendawg

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brnt247 said:
I think he's an absolute beast, and I have no problem predicting him to be in the top 5 in rushing this season, barring injury of course.

I hope you're right. I want the Packers to do well but we have been hurting in the runningback department for awhile now. If he gets injured I do not have a lot of faith in the backups.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he gets hurt then it would absolutely be detrimental to our teams success, but almost every other team can say the same about their starting running back. We could still be a very good team using Jackson and company, but Grant is what pushed us from a good team last season to a very good team.

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant was a great player last year. I think he deserved a new contract. He may not be as effective this year since the passing game is going to be impotent with rodgers at qb.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kendawg said:
but to be honest I'm baffled as to why the Packers would be so willing to give him a 4 year deal worth $30 million

Because we are sitting under the salery cap with some money to spend..TT might as well spend it somewhere. Because you know well, that he will not spend it on any free agents!

I think Ryan Grant is going to have a good year...I dont see any reason why he won't. Besides that he is injured. But im just assuming that he will be with the pack and start almost all the games.

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he should have a great year, although the injury now is a little concerning, just because he needs to get as many reps as he can because of his holdout.

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is our #1 back without question. Our #1 QB is still the question. Our #1 RB came from the Giants and our #1 QB WENT to the Jets. hmmm. funny..

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how the #1 QB is a question at all. Aaron Rodgers is the unquestioned starting QB for the Packers.

Staff online

Latest posts