1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How did you hear about PackerForum.com?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well keep posting Sterling! We are happy to have you on the site.

2. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You Pimped the sh!t out of the chronicle's forum during its closing moments! BTW....thank you for that.

3. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried to buy packer stocks i first used this site to see anybody who would sell me theirs, nontheless, no stocks for me. and i stuck with this site since i love the packers.

4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    FWIW - it is my understanding that the stockholders are forbidden to sell their shares...

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Someone is actually attempting to sell their Packer Stock, right now... on EBAY.

I search every so often and there's about 7,000 items for sale when you select Green Bay Packers. There's een one unknown former Packer Player selling his SuperBowl ring... for $4250.00

You just never know...........

6. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yes... i figued that out when i went here (the stock thing)

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When we took the Lambeau tour earlier in the month there was our guide and another woman with the organization (to kind of bring up the rear). She was an actual stockholder. Told us there is no way she could sell her stock even if she wanted to. Wonder if the EBAY listing is legit or someone capitalizing on the sour season so far...you know "heck, I'm selling my stock...." - there are suckers everywhere...

8. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The eBay listing is just selling the actual certificate, but not the stock itself since the stock cannot be sold. I looked it up.

So you don't get a share, but you get an authentic certificate of someone else's stock (presumably someone who needs money badly).

9. pantherd

pantherd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yahoo search for "packer forum."

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Exactly RG - way to go -- I was waiting to see if anyone would do the leg work or sit back and defer as somehting supposedly being someone else's work....

While it would be nice to have the certificate - the stock itself is what I want..... If they were to sell it tomorrow - I buy at least five shares straight out..... But, what they have on E-bay is simply wrong in my book.

Another thing wrong on E-bay is the Packers Player selling his SuperBowl Ring.....
    If our Club were solvent enough - I'd buy it for the Club, with the understanding that once that Player was back on their feet - we'd sell it back for the price paid.

To me - selling your SuperBowl ring is just sooooo wrong! It's sacrilege....

11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my guess is andre rison is selling his ring to pay back child support!

12. Beab66

Beab66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw an ad for tickets on another website (www.Packer.com) and thought I'd check it out. Glad I did.

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hell I really don't know :p
    I think I came over it looking for sites with Packers news!

14. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard about Packerforum.com when I was on Packerchatters.com....

15. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A bunch of us were fighting with a packer troll on detroitlions.com (before they shut down the MB) and someone said why don't you go to a packers forum instead of trolling other peoples boards? The troll said their were no packer forums and someone put up a link to this. I came over to see what the packer fans were like and was pleasantly surprised. Then the lions board shut down and I was without a message board for a little while. I found a new lions board, but still enjoy coming over here for a chat or some smack.

16. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heard about this site from GP_1_Again over on the PackerNews forum. This looks to be a great site....just have to figure out all the icons, and places to go.

17. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If you need any help Montana just aarow or myself, and we can certainly try and get you going in the right direction.

18. NCPackFan

NCPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was told about it on Packersnews.com. I wanted to switch sites anyways but I couldnt find one that I wanted until I tried this one.. I really enjoy this one much better.

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Gald to hear it NC, certainly appreciate you being here as well!

20. NCPackFan

NCPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ryab. ME TOO!!

21. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All the hard work Ryan has invested has paid off bigtime! I still remember the old packerforum, was good times :D

22. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When the News-Chronicle forum shut down I, along with others, were directed to this site. A very pleasant suprise and well moderated...the other forum had a tendency to get a little out of control.

Plus, we have the walking, talking train wrecks that are arrow and Ryan to keep things entertaining and lively. LOL

Actually guys...you run a great site...plus you let us swear and get a little vulgar from time to time....no room for prudes!!

23. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I came from Packernews.com as well. That forum is a mess and it's a pleasure to find a forum where it's football only, kept clean and moderated. Thanks for the effort Ryan.

24. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You bet Timmons, glad to have you on the site!

25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

'sigh' that forum's lack of 'caring' is why I came here the second i found out about it. I offered them SOOOO MANY times to upgrade their forums an maintain them for FREE it became a job to OFFER help to them.

they simply do not care so phuk'em :p