1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How did you hear about PackerForum.com?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondering how everyone ended up here?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I searched for it I think. I got tired of packersnews.com's forum. Nobody ever posted really, and there wasnt a family feel to it, not like in here. Ryan is the daddy, I am the other daddy (I smell sitcom!) and everyone else are the annoying neighbors next door, like Urkel.

jk, i love you guys, especially packerchick, who hasnt hooked us up with a picture yet.

3. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you posted a link on the Chronicle forum when you started up and I found it. I'm not talking about the time the Chronicle was folding and you posted a link there before they folded. But I think you put a link there when you originally started and I found it.

4. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone mentioned it on the Jaguars board during gameweek last season.

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Seem to remember being involved in one of my regular searches for everything Packer.... New group, new web sites - they pop up all the time.... Be careful what ya wish for RYAN - ya just might get it.....LOL

Get this - my last search? Found the new Club web site for the NorthFloridaPackerBackers - in Jacksonville.... Maybe next time, the St.Louie gang will have their site up, as the same with Atlanta - ya just never know..... Has anyone seen any sites from around the New York area yet? Ha, it just never ends....

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i was a regular poster on the football.com forum with the same screen name, and someone posted it in the packers team thread...that fizzled out...i check football.com every now and again, i was certainly the only packers fan who posted regularly, it was just clusters of fans from 5-8 teams, particularly western teams

7. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a google search and found a thread in a Charger's forum where someone was asking for an address to a good Packer forum. Kinda funny I guess.

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone mentioned the site while hustling can click on my Yahoo group...thought I'd check it out. Seems like a nicely done site.

9. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I found out about it on old Green Bay News Chronicle Packer forumor the Press Gazette's Packers news forum site .

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I dunno. It seems I just always find myself on forums. Its like a gift or something.

edit i think it might have been packersnews.com forums as i had been constantly begging them to upgrade their forum to this phpBB style that was the original format of this website. I even offered to do it for them for free.

11. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    heard about it from harald (ois is blues on OBF) & bavpb on here!!! thanks a million, harald for directing me this way. :chest:

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool everyone! Just thought I would throw this out there and see where people heard about the site! Make sure you pass it on to any packers fans you know!

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I heard of it on the old forum. I came here after it was ended.

14. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I was going to the bathroom in a truck stop in Yazoo City Mississippi.

There on the door, right above Lulu's phone number in felt pen it was there..... "www.packerforum.com"

Just kidding... Net and AZ Packfan left crumbs to follow back on the old NC forum.

I thank them for that.

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, knowing Ryan's track record for advertising, I actually wouldn't be surprised if that was true :p .

Found out about it from the old NC Forum. I think Pckerchick started a thread there. Great work Ryan, love being able to grow with this site.

16. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Nice guys, that may have been me that wrote that in the stall... hmmmm. Perhaps on a drunken bender or something.

Glad to ahve you all about, it's nice to have yourselft and our other great posters in here early, hopefully you will feel like this place is a home and help us grow!

17. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome! [​IMG]

I was sure you'd love it, Julie.

"Ahhmm, you know,man, went to that bar last night for some beer :packbeer: and you know, after 16 bottles I got home, dunno how, man :pals:, and my wife was, wait a minute, I'm not married, man, and this morning I awoke and you know what?, man, I was on that board, man, just like that, man" :wink: :wink: :lol:

The truth is, I was a member on OBF and as it was closed down, the charm was gone. Then they had technical problems for some times and I had a look at The Frozen Tundra, which I didn't like really, because they ranted against Germans etc.
    So finally I found a link to PF on one of these Green Bay newspaper- sites via Packersnews.com.

And I love it!!

Harald

18. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Got a link to here from the Packer news fourm only days after you started. Hell when i first got here you only had about 30 members. Sure is nice to see how your site has grown and getting bigger everyday.

19. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the info from my good friend RDGO about this site over on thefrozentundra.org

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Actually.......i think some of the old "OBF" members don't like you guys........so they sent me over here to "torture" all of you with my cheeseyness! I DON"T know what you guys did wrong to get me........but it MUST have been BAD!!! :D

21. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bavpb, your pic that you posted above can actually rival some of Arrow's stuff...... and thats saying something! :p

22. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i got bozo'd off of a different football forum, did a google search, and found this site!

23. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a search on Google looking for a website such as this and this is the first one I found I think. I'm glad I did too. :D

24. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx! 8)

25. Sterling

Sterling Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on the Press Gazette's forum and someone asked what happened to all the posters from the News Chronicle forum. Someone mentioned this site. I checked it out and the rest is history. It felt like coming home.
    I never posted a lot on the other forums but liked to read comments and news. Some of the posters seem like friends even though I have never met any of them.
    So keep it going everyone and I will keep reading.