How did we win?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-3 fumbles (2 in the red zone, right?)
-Horrible pass DEFENSE (again, although it was a LITTLE better, but it was still sorry.)

GB is supposedly a horrible team, maybe even the worst in the NFL! So how did we win, when we fumbled 3 times and gave up 300+ pass yards again?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
-Horrible pass DEFENSE (again, although it was a LITTLE better, but it was still sorry.)

GB is supposedly a horrible team, maybe even the worst in the NFL! So how did we win, when we fumbled 3 times and gave up 300+ pass yards again?

Who cares how they won. We'll take a win on the road in any way, shape or womanly form.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense stiffened at the end when it had to, but the reason we won was Brett Favre. He was brilliant today. Also kudos to MM who recognized that the run game wasn't working and replaced it with dump offs and screens, which seemed to really keep Detroit on their heels.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
Brett Favre.

Yep Favre carried the offense all a day and give credit for the Defense on looking much better in the 2nd half and making enough plays. Overall nice win for the Pack.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was vintage west coast offense brilliantly run by Brett Favre.

The defense is pathetic. Harris got schooled all day long today. Barnett was awful, Brady Poppinga was awful. The bright spot on defense was the line on that last series after Green fumbled. There isn't much talent therek, but they seem to work hard. The linebackers simply have to stuff the hole on running plays though. We were geting gashed all day long and truthfully was amazing that the Lions went away from the run.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Detroit also gave up 300+ passing yards. I guess the difference would be Ryan's 49 yard punt avg compared to Detroit's 43 and Robinson's 28 yard Return average compared to Detroit's 23. Combined that is about a 10 yard difference in starting field position.

Or -- the difference could be Brett and Kitna both threw for 3 TDs -- one of Kitna's just went to the wrong end zone. :D

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, I don't know as much about football as you guys do, but I thought that the Packers played quite well today. Why was Barnett awful? I thought he did well. Maybe I am looking at the game through rose colored glasses and don't see all the mistakes some of you guys do. Heck, I don't care how we won. We won

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
We play are B or C game and still can win, thats good news cuz when we really str clikcing and are playing are A game we will be good.

Good point. The Pack made several bad mistakes today, but still showed they are better than the Kittens. :p

I was happy to see a solid performance by Jennings and some nice plays by Hawk. I could watch his up-the-middle sack on Kitna all day. lol

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve looked great... Didn't think he looked bad last week... Everyone else was...

I was at the game and I loved the faces of the detroit fans after the loss.... I made a ton of money on the spread today (6.5).

The defense still looked shakey... I love the comment in Bretts news conference after the game... He said he thought they would still lose the game. It doesn't sound like he is to confident in his defense....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Canadian packer said:
I love the comment in Bretts news conference after the game... He said he thought they would still lose the game. It doesn't sound like he is to confident in his defense....

Why....is Favre allowed to talk?

His play is amazing, this year more than any other (cuz of the supposed lack of talent) but....everything he says is negative it seems. With such a young team, those comments have to take their toll on them. They need Favre and he says stuff like that. Cmon, #4. DAMN...

"He's just being honest!"

I wish he would just be quiet sometimes...

bash away.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Canadian packer said:
I love the comment in Bretts news conference after the game... He said he thought they would still lose the game. It doesn't sound like he is to confident in his defense....

Why....is Favre allowed to talk?

His play is amazing, this year more than any other (cuz of the supposed lack of talent) but....everything he says is negative it seems. With such a young team, those comments have to take their toll on them. They need Favre and he says stuff like that. Cmon, #4. DAMN...

"He's just being honest!"

bash away.

Trom,

You could tell from the expression on his face as the Kittens started their final drive that he was expecting the worst. He didn't have to say it in a press conference, it was obvious to everyone watching the game.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre won this game.
The Packers D looks pretty bad. They have given up 84 points (2nd only to the Texans)
That is 28 points a game and they cannot expect Favre to bail them out like this on a regular basis.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Canadian packer said:

bash away.

the feeling is mutual, trom. :twisted:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts