How did we get Gute and Pettine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we're in a six of one, half a dozen of the other loop here. Cap, you're one of our best, and I enjoy and appreciate your posts and all of the work you put in here. But I honestly just don't get where you're going on this one.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't think I can answer this until PFF tells me the answer.

D

Deleted member 6794

I feel like we're in a six of one, half a dozen of the other loop here. Cap, you're one of our best, and I enjoy and appreciate your posts and all of the work you put in here. But I honestly just don't get where you're going on this one.

Do you consider a team that doesn't make the playoffs having a playoff caliber roster??? I don't think so.

But because the 2014 Packers came extremely close to making it to the Super Bowl a lot of posters seem to believe they had a roster capable of winning it. :rolleyes:

If that was to be true they would have hoisted the Lombardi that year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you consider a team that doesn't make the playoffs having a playoff caliber roster??? I don't think so.

But because the 2014 Packers came extremely close to making it to the Super Bowl a lot of posters seem to believe they had a roster capable of winning it. :rolleyes:

Sure. Our roster last year was capable of making the playoffs had Rodgers not gotten injured.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is getting sad. If you want to argue that the 2014 Packers did not have a Super Bowl capable roster fine... argue that. But for ****** sake use some rational arguments about the actual roster or those of the other teams involved at the time. You are the king of coming up with stats and facts, but instead what have you done? You have come up with a ridiculous hindsight argument saying that because they didn't happen to win it all that that is proof that they did not have a roster capable of it. For someone so fond of statistics you sure don't seem to understand how they work. A sample size of one certainly does not meet the criteria necessary to draw any conclusion. I consider it accepted fact that just because someone or something has the capability to achieve a particular goal does not mean that they will achieve that goal each and every time they attempt it. You, Captain, have proven many times over on this forum that you have the intelligence to understand this simple fact, and yet you insist on sticking with this sad and tired argument. Again I am offering no opinion on whether or not the 2014 roster was good enough... I am just calling out your ridiculous argument.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

You have come up with a ridiculous hindsight argument saying that because they didn't happen to win it all that that is proof that they did not have a roster capable of it. Again I am offering no opinion on whether or not the 2014 roster was good enough... I am just calling out your ridiculous argument.

Of course you have to use hindsight to evaluate if a team had a roster capable of winning the Super Bowl because otherwise it's pure speculation. For examplw I guess not a lot of experts and fans believed the Eagles had one entering the 2017 season.

It's ridiculous that you believe there's an opinion to be had on if the Packers roster was good enough to win the Super Bowl in 2014 as it's a fact they weren't for whatever reason.

On the other hand it would make sense to discuss if Green Bay has a Super Bowl caliber roster entering this year, which I'm not completely convinced of. We won't know the answer to this question until February though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you have to use hindsight to evaluate if a team had a roster capable of winning the Super Bowl because otherwise it's pure speculation. For examplw I guess not a lot of experts and fans believed the Eagles had one entering the 2017 season.

It's ridiculous that you believe there's an opinion to be had on if the Packers roster was good enough to win the Super Bowl in 2014 as it's a fact they weren't for whatever reason.

On the other hand it would make sense to discuss if Green Bay has a Super Bowl caliber roster entering this year, which I'm not completely convinced of. We won't know the answer to this question until February though.
I said I was out before... I should have stuck with that because obviously all rational thought has been abandoned.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm not sure what was worse: this, or how many draft picks it took to acquire Spriggs...... :D

*ducks to avoid flying tomato cans*

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Okay gentlemen, as interesting as this thread IS, it's sailing very close to personal insults now. You all have opinions which is fine but lets step back from the line and take a deep breath please, I respect you all and dont want to start with warnings and locking threads.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay gentlemen, as interesting as this thread IS, it's sailing very close to personal insults now. You all have opinions which is fine but lets step back from the line and take a deep breath please, I respect you all and dont want to start with warnings and locking threads.
You do realize that nothing had been said by any of the principles since Thursday ?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You do realize that nothing had been said by any of the principles since Thursday ?
Yeah, I'm the instigator that bumped it back up :roflmao: haven't checked in lately, been extremely busy. It was too good for me not to respond. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts