How did the ref miss the block in the back???

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
On that bullchit kickoff return did anyone not see Mason Crosby get blocked in the back right in front of the ref and the ball carrier?? I mean c'mon!! FML!!!

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
shouldn't be putting our team in the position where we need the refs to make calls.....I do understand your frustration though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I seen it too...But I think there is always something the refs will miss for each team

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it. I was pretty steamed they couldnt call an obvious block in the back on a game changing return.

If the refs cant make the call what is the point of having them? Why does it matter that the Packers put the refs into position to do their job?

And to the final point about missing some here and there its true. I saw some serious holding on the packers part that wasnt called. But as i recall the play ended in a sac anyway :(

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that hands to the face when Flynn tossed the one int and was called back, Bulaga could been called just as easy..Maybe not as blatant, but could been a flag on him

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I think that hands to the face when Flynn tossed the one int and was called back, Bulaga could been called just as easy..Maybe not as blatant, but could been a flag on him

yeah, I'm not complaining, I thought the refs were calling a pretty good game, usually feels like packers don't get those calls, and we got a couple good calls in that game.

How come no one is pointing out that James jones cost us the game by quitting on that route??

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Sorry, but it's not too much to ask to have the game competently officiated.

Have you watched the NFL?

edit: what i mean is, if you think that mason crosby would have tackled that guy, and that the 10 yards further back the patriots would have been would have changed the outcome, then I would like some of what your smoking.

OP
OP
The Drew

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I do agree that they called a good game... especially getting that PF for the hit on Quarless.... but 9 times out of 10 on a big return you see a flag for a block in the back or holding... the hit happened right in FRONT OF THE REF!!! I MEAN RIGHT IN FRONT!!! Im not making excuses but that should have been an easy call... Jesus!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seen it too...But I think there is always something the refs will miss for each team

I don't think they missed it at all. I've never seen a more obvious example of a block in the back. Crosby was positioning himself to take out Connelly's legs at the 10 yard line and somebody planted two hands squarely on the back and shoved him out of the way. There's no way they missed it. The CHOSE not to call it, which is BS.

I watched a few UFL games this season and I kid you not, the officiating in that league is noticeably better than NFL officiating. They also have a few rules differences that I actually like. For starters NO TUCK RULE. Also, each team is guaranteed one possession in OT. The other thing I like is that the booth does all reviews and has a HARD 90 second time limit to do it. In fact, there is a 90 second countdown clock and as soon as that clock expires, the offense can start the next play.

The NFL could actually learn a few things from the UFL.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You saw it.

It wasn't any worse than the block in the back of AJ Hawk on Devin Hester's PR touchdown against us in week 3. He was sent flying. Quarless was also nudged in the side/back a split second later too.

Our special teams sucks.

But the zebra's have added to that this year, without question.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you watched the NFL?

edit: what i mean is, if you think that mason crosby would have tackled that guy, and that the 10 yards further back the patriots would have been would have changed the outcome, then I would like some of what your smoking.

First of all, Crosby might have been able to take his legs out. Second, whether he would have made the tackle or not is 100% IRRELEVANT. Third, the Patriots would have started 15 yards back from the spot of the foul, which would have put them at the 29 yard line since it happened at the 14. Given the way our defense was playing, they probably would have been kicking a FG. What the hell are YOU smoking?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You saw it.

It wasn't any worse than the block in the back of AJ Hawk on Devin Hester's PR touchdown against us in week 3. He was sent flying. Quarless was also nudged in the side/back a split second later too.

Our special teams sucks.

But the zebra's have added to that this year, without question.

Please dont be a grammar teacher

I am out of school and this is a football forum..

I dont need someone watching over me, or anyone here looking for spelling mistakes

Got it?

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/serio...personal-attacks-spelling-and-more-24303.html

Spelling Mistakes and Typos:

If anyone here every has an issue with how someone types, spells, please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. Your going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans. That is all.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come no one is pointing out that James jones cost us the game by quitting on that route??

Agreed! I have been on Jones bandwagon waiting for him to turn the corner to take DD spot (When he is ready of course).

But Jones needs to get his act together and be where he is supposed to be. That was a nice toss by Flynn too!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Agreed! I have been on Jones bandwagon waiting for him to turn the corner to take DD spot (When he is ready of course).

But Jones needs to get his act together and be where he is supposed to be. That was a nice toss by Flynn too!

Yep. Jones has to just run his route. If he happens to run into a guy while the ball is in the air, it's pass interference.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
There are so many penalties that occur on every play in any given football game. We can't rely on one nitpicky penalty to win games for us.

Did anyone else see the 300 lb lineman run a kickoff for 71 yards?

PatriotsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Block in the back? Sergio Brown was saving your poor kicker from the 313 pounds of Dan Connolly that was barreling towards him at 50MPH.

Besides, the refs were on the Pack's side all night.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Block in the back? Sergio Brown was saving your poor kicker from the 313 pounds of Dan Connolly that was barreling towards him at 50MPH.

you mean chris collinsworth blew brady in the locker room before and after the game.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought it was a wash. Which is what most people are saying here.

Never the less. There was a bad no call on a game changing play. If they had called it correctly the ball would have been 15 yards from the foul which was around the 15 yard line. So that puts the Pats at the 30.

Its impossible to say what would have happened from there. I would have liked to find out though.

PatriotsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have liked to know what happened if the refs didn't refer to the jumbotron to call McCourty's personal foul

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like there was a push in the back on Kuhn at their 40 as well. Even so, how do 11 guys let a 300 pounder get 10 yards with a pooch kick? This wouldn't happen on a good high school team.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just wait till we play in Chicago in the playoffs! then the OMFG REFZ ARE TEH SUX talk will be in full force!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how I just read the pats are being investigated for more cheating. amazing that they cheat so much. Wonder how much they have gotten away with

Members online