How did our line do?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Again, I didn't get to see the game, but I was wondering if anyone could discuss how the line played. It doesn't seem like anyone has been making a big deal out of their play this week, so I wonder if they held up well? Lots of penalties? Did Bulaga and Lang play at all?

It appears again as though the run game was non-existent. Is this line related, or did our backs just look terrible?

I didn't see this discussed anywhere else, move it and link if this has been touched on?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember MM saying Bulaga was just to good to have sitting on the bench. I think TT and MM are just waiting for Cliftons knees to get worse so they don't have to justify putting Bulaga at left tackle. As long as Clifton holds up a little while longer while Bulaga learns and gets better.....we will be ok.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Line looked ok. The D got some pressure, a few knockdowns, 2-3 sacks. Suh got a sack but other than that was quiet all game.

Beginning of the game B.Jack was doing some good running behind the line, and the last drive, line looked solid and opened some holes for Kuhn.

They looked better than they did against Chicago.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember reading the the NFC North Blog that Tauscher just looked bad against whoever his guy was all day, and that was the worst man on the D-Line. (Whoever isn't Williams, Suh, or Vanden-Bosch). Rodgers got sacked because Tauscher got pushed back, Rodgers stepped up right into Suh on that sack. Rodgers only got sacked twice. Compared to last year we are leagues ahead, but we didn't run the ball well until the final drive, either.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I remember reading the the NFC North Blog that Tauscher just looked bad against whoever his guy was all day, and that was the worst man on the D-Line. (Whoever isn't Williams, Suh, or Vanden-Bosch). Rodgers got sacked because Tauscher got pushed back, Rodgers stepped up right into Suh on that sack. Rodgers only got sacked twice. Compared to last year we are leagues ahead, but we didn't run the ball well until the final drive, either.

2 Sacks is actually not bad compared to how we were a year ago. As far as our running game, I don't think we should try to run much. Brandon Jackson's job should be either as an audible back or a blocker. Even if we are just a one dimensional team lets play as one and get it right rather than trying to do something we can't

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 Sacks is actually not bad compared to how we were a year ago. As far as our running game, I don't think we should try to run much. Brandon Jackson's job should be either as an audible back or a blocker. Even if we are just a one dimensional team lets play as one and get it right rather than trying to do something we can't

I don't like B-Jax when he runs. He is great catching the ball. I wish our running game would consist of dropoff passes and screens to Jackson. That's when he can start getting real yardage and we could have a psuedo-run game despite our line issues. 8 catches on 8 targets for 50 yards. 6.3 average. Solid numbers there.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't B-Jax running either, the only thing I was meaning was if Jackson is back there, Rodgers can call an audible if he doesn't like but what he is seeing and can hand it off. I really don't see why we can't play the dump off game, the Lions did it and it worked, the Packers did it a few weeks ago and it worked. Lets just keep it as that. If we need to run it Kuhn; seems powerful enough to get the few yards the Pack may need to get the first or get where they want.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton was meh. Colledge did fine, actually, specially in the last drive. Wells good as always, Sitton good as always.

Tausher was AWFUL again. Just awful.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Why don't you watch the games?
I watch them when they are nationally televised, and I try to watch them if I can find a good stream for them otherwise. This weekend I was at the Bills game though, so all I could see were the stat lines on the big board.

Members online

Latest posts