HOW did other teams do Rd 1?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've already given my thoughts on GB's pick on another thread, but what do you think about the rest of the round?

I think Cincy, Giants, and Redskins did very well.

Lions I think got a good player, but I think there were better DB's and I still think you take big guys first. They pick early enough in the 2nd to still get a very talented DB then.

I think the Chargers had a huge overreach for their QB. Not really a fan of him. Miami? Kid is talented, but he didn't hold up very well in college. I don't think that bodes well for the NFL when the guys are bigger, stronger and faster.

I don't have much thoughts on the next handful of picks. They seem to make sense is about as far as I can go with them

I liked Wirfs, probably because big 10 is about all I watch in college with any regularity and I liked him I think he's going to be good.

I guess I don't have too strong of thoughts on the rest of them as I don't get into it that much.

Any teams or players you think really nailed it in the first round our busted it?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota greatly upgraded their talent with Jefferson (WR) & Gladney (CB).

San Fran got A LOT better with Kinlaw (DT) and Aiyuk (WR) although think Higgins or Mims might've been better for them.

IMHO Miami could've done MUCH better but they fell in love with Tua. I would've taken OT Wills or Wirfs at 5, Chaisson, Gross Matos or Epenesa with 18 (better D pressure) and then with 26 the best S still available (Delpit?, McKinney?). Round 2 I'd load-up on WR and RB and help the offense out, more. They spent a 2nd rounder on Rosen in '19 and watched him get killed behind a horrible OL. Bolster the OL and I think he'd be their guy for the next 6-8 years.

Jaguars D got much better but they need to hit offense (WR, OL) in the 2nd to come out winners.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fran won the first round presently. Who knows how it plays out into the future, but they are my clear winners.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the vikings got much better than they were a week ago but I'm not sure they are any better than they were last season. They replaced a top 10 WR with another potential top 10 WR and they replaced a very good DB with another potential very good DB. They did what they had to to stay afloat. Of course that does nothing to appease those of us who were salivating over their potential demise when they lost those players.

As for teams with only 1 pick I think landing Lamb was huge for the cowboys.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
San Fran won the first round presently. Who knows how it plays out into the future, but they are my clear winners.
The rich get richer while their NFCCG competitor hasn’t drafted a single starter with 4 draft picks.

Members online

Latest posts