How come there is NEVER any credit for Capers?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's simple. Look at the quarterbacks.

In games where the defense has given up less than 27:

Blake Bortles
Sam Bradford
Eli Manning
Jay Cutler
Carson Wentz
Brock Osweiler

Brock has the highest QBR of those list of quarterbacks with a 56, good for 23rd in the NFL among qualifying quarterbacks. All of the others are ranked below that.

In games where the defense has given up 27 or more:

Matt Stafford
Dak Prescott
Matt Ryan
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Kirk Cousins

Every single one of those quarterbacks are ranked in the top 10 in QBR.

This is a very disturbing trend, and for me to give Capers and the defense any sort of credit, I'm going to reserve judgment until they are able to have a good performance against even one highly rated quarterback.
OK? Now little credit?

Possible I was right that the younger guys are getting it?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson and the Seahawks for whatever reason struggles against Dom Capers defense. I find it funny personally. I wish we could play Seattle every week, LOL

Dom Capers > Russell Wilson. i'm not sure what it is about a Dom Capers defense, but they literally own Wilson. Wilson has 7 career TD's and 9 INT's against GB defenses. The only time he's thrown 4 has been against GB, and he's done it twice.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
OK? Now little credit?

Possible I was right that the younger guys are getting it?
This game doesn't change what has happened against great quarterbacks in previous games, but yes. Like I have said in the shout box this afternoon, Capers absolutely deserves a ton of credit for this performance today, without question.

Doesn't change the clunkers in previous weeks, but on this day, he gets a hell of a lot of credit from me. This is the best team win we have had in the regular season in a looooong time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This game doesn't change what has happened against great quarterbacks in previous games, but yes. Like I have said in the shout box this afternoon, Capers absolutely deserves a ton of credit for this performance today, without question.

Doesn't change the clunkers in previous weeks, but on this day, he gets a hell of a lot of credit from me. This is the best team win we have had in the regular season in a looooong time.
Have u ever had to do a technical task, with not a lot of practice?

Took many reptitions to get comfortable

That's my point and that's what I'm hearing..

No doesn't change the clunkrs in past...
But 3 games in a row they are doing very well.. That's a trend..

I want Dom gone, but people need to accept what we have now.. And admit the trend is going up

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Have u ever had to do a technical task, with not a lot of practice?

Took many reptitions to get comfortable

That's my point and that's what I'm hearing..

No doesn't change the clunkrs in past...
But 3 games in a row they are doing very well.. That's a trend..

I want Dom gone, but people need to accept what we have now.. And admit the trend is going up
I just gave them credit...what else do you want?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sorry.. Came across wrong.

I just am trying to illustrate my point for those that think there shouldn't be a learning curve
No problem. We good. :tup:

I understand a learning curve, just maybe not in games 7-10 of the season.

But I digress. The defense has looked great in the past three outings, and I'll say this. If they perform on this level moving forward, and we make it to the playoffs, WATCH OUT. This team looked scary good today.

And to be fair on the first comment, I do get that there have been some significant injuries. I certainly am happy that the defense is getting it together, and I am happy to admit that things are finally looking up.

There shouldn't be a single Packer fan not pleased with the past 3 games.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.
Nothing has changed.
No one, except me, is giving Capers any credit over in the weekly Studs n Duds thread.

Capers didn't do a damn thing.
It was ALL on the players.
As always.
*SIGH*

Oh well. At least he is still getting paid for a job well done.

Reaction score
Yup.
Nothing has changed.
No one, except me, is giving Capers any credit over in the weekly Studs n Duds thread.

Capers didn't do a damn thing.
It was ALL on the players.
As always.
*SIGH*

Oh well. At least he is still getting paid for a job well done.
I do think Capers deserves credit for a solid Defensive performance tonight. Ever since the 36-16 Seattle shellacking we took a few years ago..Capers seems to have Petes #