How come there is NEVER any credit for Capers?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D plays terrible.
Fire Capers.
It's ALL his fault even though he is not one of the guys suited up.

D makes a stop.
Capers didn't do a damn thing.
It was ALL on the players.

So sick of this mentality.
Time to give credit when it's due.

Capers is only human and he is doing his best.
If you want him fired, then you apply for D coordinator.
I'm sure those who have never played even one down in pro football as a defensive player will do much, much better than he can.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D plays terrible.
Fire Capers.

D makes a stop.

I'm sure those who have never played even one down in pro football as a defensive player will do much, much better than he can.

Somebody finally get it. Just because the guy has a resume, crappy though it may be, doesn't mean there aren't a ton of folks out there who, given a chance, could do better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He had 4th stringers in the back end... They were there for a reason..

If we had a 3rd string rb, we, the and qb would Mm be fired?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D plays terrible.
Fire Capers.

D makes a stop.

I think the problem is he's just inconsistent at doing this. Believe it or not, I actually saw more people coming to his defense after the Washington and Tennessee games than I expected.

Today and last week the good Capers certainly showed up. We'll see which one shows up next week against Seattle.

I think we understand this D has been hit with injuries over this year, and Capers has had to work with some scrubs sure enough, and that we can probably cut him slack for. But that doesn't excuse the bad schemes he's called in other games.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh, I'll give him credit for a nice effort against a weak QB under crappy weather conditions.

The reason he should be fired is his body of work.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Because a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while?

Have you seen the vast majority of this season? No way in hell does this man get any credit from me until we see a consistent pattern of behavior. I need to see more.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my Capers had one good game against one of the worst offenses in the entire NFL so let's talk about how great he is and ignore the fact that this defense has sucked for six years and has continually had some of the most mind-boggling breakdowns in the most important games on a continual basis.

The capers apologists on this forum board are living in Lala land.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t think anybody is seriously saying Capers has earned himself a lifeline by any stretch of the imagination, but c`mon, lets give credit where credit is due.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Capers new when he took the job just like McCarty, is when things go good you get a pat on the back, when they go bad you get a kick in the butt, and what ever happens on the field he owns it.....

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has done an OK job so far this season for what he has been given to work with. My only big problem with him though is this lack of adjustments. I don't know how many times over the years I've seen opposing teams constantly do the same thing and attack the same area because he fails to change up his scheme.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If the defense sucks, you fire the guy on top.

If the defense is great, you give the guy on top a bonus.

It's that simple.

Reaction score
We played a team that averages 17 pts a game at Lambeau in poor weather conditions, I don't think this game holds much merit in the global discussion about making possible Defensive coaching changes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh God..what about the years they were fairly healthy and blew? You Capers supporters need to realize that anywhere else Capers would've been gone years ago! Point blank. Besides, how many defensive coordinators sit up in the booth every single game anyways!!?? This ain't college!!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my Capers had one good game against one of the worst offenses in the entire NFL so let's talk about how great he is and ignore the fact that this defense has sucked for six years and has continually had some of the most mind-boggling breakdowns in the most important games on a continual basis.

It seems like many people are having a hard time understanding the thread.

The original post isn't saying anything about whether or not Capers should be fired or anything about the last five or so seasons.

It's simply saying when the defense plays poorly, like vs the Redskins, Capers gets most of the blame.

When the defense plays well though, like the last two games, Capers isn't credited.

That's all the point he is making.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like many people are having a hard time understanding the thread.

The original post isn't saying anything about whether or not Capers should be fired or anything about the last five or so seasons.

It's simply saying when the defense plays poorly, like vs the Redskins, Capers gets most of the blame.

When the defense plays well though, like the last two games, Capers isn't credited.

That's all the point he is making.
lol Yeah I understand... but I'm still not going to give Capers any credit lol.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol Yeah I understand... but I'm still not going to give Capers any credit lol.

Which is completely biased against him and doesn't make sense.

For the last two games, his defense has worked and he deserves some credit for it just like he's blamed when the defense is bad.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For the last two games, his defense has worked and he deserves some credit for it just like he's blamed when the defense is bad.
Lol relax a little bit... I assumed you would understand that by including not 1 but 2 "lols" in that post that I was admitting both bias and a little bit of blind aggression. I actually don't hate Capers. I am not his biggest fan, but I do understand the limitations that have been placed on him re: roster and injuries etc...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My point is the young players back there were clueless.

They now have a light bulb going off..

Brady poppigna is on an interview stating exact same thing.. That Dom teaches the right way and if a player can't get it, it's not doms fault

That isn't saying Dom calls right plays. But when u have rookies being thrown in, u can't just blame the coaches..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He should be fired... I'm on board.

However why is it fire him all season... then last two games.. Yes it is 2 in a row, he isn't getting credit?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh God..what about the years they were fairly healthy and blew? You Capers supporters need to realize that anywhere else Capers would've been gone years ago! Point blank. Besides, how many defensive coordinators sit up in the booth every single game anyways!!?? This ain't college!!
After colts and Skins game, I saw a bunch of Def hating threads which were warranted. One quote from u before eagle game,

the Def can't stop anyone.

So they stop the eagles and now Texans.

Yet no one gives credit.

Again, I want Dom gone and I believe it will happen.. But to have so much hate towards him and can't see when Def does good is wrong

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

However why is it fire him all season... then last two games.. Yes it is 2 in a row, he isn't getting credit?

Because people see it being below average offenses they have done it against...that's why. Like I said earlier in the chat. Get back to me Sunday after the Seattle game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because people see it being below average offenses they have done it against...that's why. Like I said earlier in the chat. Get back to me Sunday after the Seattle game.
ID go so far as to say the offense of the Colts and Tenn were not that good and those teams shouldn't have done that..just like u are saying about the Texans..

U saw the stat, our Def backs were allowing over qb something of 120 rating?

I am hearing that with some of the injuries getting better, and youngsters actually understanding is helping.

Not to say they would hold NE or anyone else under 14, but the players are starting to get it..

So we had some horrible horrible Def last month.. And for 2 games in a row the Def did enough, don't dismiss it by saying it was only Philly and Texas.. If they would have blown it, u would be pissed coz it was only Philly and Texas.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man, I don't even know if I'd be able to give it to him after the Seattle game. Seattle has been terrible away from home. Look what happened in Tampa.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be clear, I do believe he deseves credit for a good game plan the past two weeks and for somehow helping his personnel execute said game plan. That said, I guess I did miss the point of the post but I am so sick of watching the capers defenses find new and unbelievable ways to fail such as allowing first downs of third and 9 or longer on running plays.... twice...

Members online

Latest posts