How 'bout this Thurman kid?

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance he'll shake things up on the kickoff?

Had 3 returns against the Bears for a 20-yard average; about the same as his college numbers. But, ran one of his 42 college kickoff returns back for a TD.

He's a factor no one's discussing right now. With Fergie definitely out on kickoffs (and possibly off the kickoff team forever) it would be Thurman's chance to step up.

Tomorrow's Culpepper/Moss and Favre/Walker focus could shift real fast if this kid put up a score or some big runback numbers.

If he wants to be a Packer this game will be the time to show it.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid is looking pretty good on returns. He seems to give the return team a more energetic look and makes me feel like he could take it all the way anytime. I also like that he can contribute as a reciever. I wonder if he can return punts!
Where did we get this guy from? I know nothing about him but I like what I see. He looks like one of those young hungry guys that can make a difference.
They are now reporting that Fergie has been upgraded to 50-50 to play this weekend but even if he does play I doubt they would have him returning kickoffs. If he does suit up I can imagine the roar from the Lambeau faithful when he runs onto the field. A huge fan reaction like that should get everyone geeked up to get us off to a good start.

OP
OP
V

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THURMAN. Wide receiver promoted from the practice squad to the active roster on Dec. 23. A 5-11, 192-pound rookie out of Southern Oregon, initially joined the Packers' practice squad Sept. 8. Undrafted this spring, originally signed with the New York Giants May 7 and later was waived June 22. Then was claimed by Houston July 1 and spent training camp with the Texans until being waived Aug. 31. Made his professional debut at Minnesota (Dec. 24) and caught two balls for 12 yards.

as for Ferguson on Sunday ... opening play from line of scrimmage for the Pack ... Favre finds Fergie all alone down the center of the field ... a 40-yard reception ... Fergie sprints it into the end zone ... touchdown ... Pack wins.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thurman thomas?

sorry, i time-traveled there for a second.

i feel kinda dense, i didn't even notice a different player handling the returns. i just assumed it was chatman.

Members online

Latest posts