How big is this Jets game?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And WHy hasnt it been flexed into SUNDAY NIGHT?!?!

I know that it isnt flex time, just a hypothetical.

But, what does this game mean for us if we lose? What does it mean if we win?

I think if we win, we start to show that the pieces are coming back together and we are getting into a rhythm.

If we lose, we will know that we are not ready for the premiere teams this season (although I think the Jets are no where NEAR as good as their record).

I think it will come down to coaching more than anything else. MM better put this smart hat on this week. Rex can be beaten, if he plays it right.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The former Favres vs the former Favres, maybe they didn't want to make it a prime time game because too many topics about the teams former QB then the teams themselves. I had this game marked 50/50 at best when the schedule first came out and am sticking to that decision.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what I dont get is that both teams were favored to win the SB prior to the schedule release. How do they not make this one a PT at some point in the season?

JETs are favored by 6 so factoring 3 pts for home field makes it a 3 pt spread. I do not want another 3 point loss this season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 weeks in a row of primetime football?

And people complain we dont get national press...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But back to the question. As far as putting us back on the team to beat talk its huge. But as far as the season goes its one of our least important. A loss wouldnt kill our chances of winning the division. Since its an AFC team it wouldnt directly help any team, as opposed to an NFC team say the Giants.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we win it will be huge. if we lose it wont end our season or anything. it would be a great win but the division is still wide open if we lose.

Reaction score
This is our toughest game by far. Jets have a great defense. Lets see how our offense operates against a top notch defense with our offense missing parts. They have a very good offensive line and a rejuvenated LT. Its going to be a tough test considering we gave up a lot of yards to AP, and our D line is hurt. If we win this game it will be huge. We would be 5-3 going to play a sucky cowboy team than after that we get an important bye week.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win AT NY is pretty big not only to put us 2 wins ahead of .500 but also to prove that our team has the tenacity and resolve to beat a good team like them...their only weakness being their passing attack and its not all that weak to begin with. Should be a stellar game I'm anxious to watch, actually more nervous as I am before every game...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I had this one tagged as a loss, and a loss wouldn't be horrible. So, I am not so nervous going in. To me, it is more important that the Packers continue to play better in all aspects of the game (i.e. gain experience for the new guys, work out problems, gain confidence) than it is to actually win this game. Also, stay healthy.

Last week's game vs. Minnesota and the upcoming game vs. Dallas are far more important.

L

Lunchboxer

If we were to pull this off we would be showing signs of a team again. 5-3 heading into a game with the weak cowboys and then a bye.

Potental 6-3 into the Bye.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just pray there will be no injuries. but overall a win would be awesome and a loss wouldnt be devistating.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think another win would just put the players in a better place,so i would like to see a win it will help the moral all around,and if a-rod plays better then what he has o-line keeps d-line off the field for a while think they can win it.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win, it'll be huge. A depleted team stepping up and knocking off a top team. Then again the media will probably overlook that and talk about the latest Favre drama.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it comes down to how well ARod can beat their pass blitz. If he beats them and the play calling is for quick outs/slants then we'll be more than fine I think.

I think we shouldn't have any problem with this because ARod was basically having to make pass plays like this all of last season and adjust to a quick step drop and getting the ball out fast. . .since at the time our Oline was playing pathetically.

Hopefully Rodgers can have an MVP style game and torch that pass blitz.

That being said, I hope if we struggle with the pass blitz that the staff makes adjustments to hold a TE or RB in the backfield to help Rodgers out with a little more time, that's more what I'm worried about. The fact that one or two guys might be beating us and we don't make adjustments to help block in the back field or chip with our TEs.

Reaction score
i agree that this a doable game. i think rogers needs to have a almost perfect game and the d-line will step up here. our teams are so close in all stats with NY having a better running game and green bay having a better throwing game. so i'm going with green bay here is a upset and going into the bye at 6-3. if we do lose its we still look pretty decent to win division. get some players back and we will be right up there

Go Pack Go

:happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it comes down to how well ARod can beat their pass blitz. If he beats them and the play calling is for quick outs/slants then we'll be more than fine I think.

I think we shouldn't have any problem with this because ARod was basically having to make pass plays like this all of last season and adjust to a quick step drop and getting the ball out fast. . .since at the time our Oline was playing pathetically.

Hopefully Rodgers can have an MVP style game and torch that pass blitz.

That being said, I hope if we struggle with the pass blitz that the staff makes adjustments to hold a TE or RB in the backfield to help Rodgers out with a little more time, that's more what I'm worried about. The fact that one or two guys might be beating us and we don't make adjustments to help block in the back field or chip with our TEs.

Packers Prepare To Face Blitz-Heavy Jets | Cheesehead TV

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we win this game, it will solidify our turnaround and send a message to the rest of the league that the Pack is back in force. If we lose, it will be a big blow. We can't really afford that many more losses and still hope to gain a playoff spot or wildcard spot. I don't think it will be the end of our season but it would not help matters. We need to make a statement in this game. If ever there was a time, it is now. If the Jets win this game they will continue at 6-1, an impressive record. If they lose, people will say they may not of been as good as their record would indicate.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we win this game, it will solidify our turnaround and send a message to the rest of the league that the Pack is back in force. If we lose, it will be a big blow. We can't really afford that many more losses and still hope to gain a playoff spot or wildcard spot. I don't think it will be the end of our season but it would not help matters. We need to make a statement in this game. If ever there was a time, it is now. If the Jets win this game they will continue at 6-1, an impressive record. If they lose, people will say they may not of been as good as their record would indicate.

I don't think it'll be a big blow to us. Yes losing stinks and hurts your chances at the playoff but looking at our division. . .the biggest reason not to lose would be to give hope to the other teams that are in the running to top the division and make the playoffs.

If we win, we not only beat a top team in the league but we begin to put a cushion between us and the others.

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is just as important for us. As much as I want the Vikes to beat the Patsies, I just don't see it happening, which means we'll need this win just to keep pace within our own division. Plus, no team wants to lose a game at home, coming off the bye.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts