How about this Walden guy?

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he always opposite of Matthews and he has the speed to jump from the snap and he doesnt stop working.... very nice....

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game and watched him on every play.. WOW dude is FAST the why he beat that left tackle was awesome. He was by the guy before he or anyone else completed their first step back lol. He was in on the play I would say about 80% of the time which is hard to believe. He played with smarts and good instincts. I hope he is now the other starter at OLB.

The only thing that botherd me was in the 4th qtr when we had the bears backed up on their own goal line clay just made a sack but jay still tossed the ball to forte and walden tackled him (which is fine, no one knew if jay got the ball out in time) after that he gave him a little helmet to helmet bump. That game was just to big to make a bone head move like that. If a ref saw it I would give it a 50-50 shot at being a 15 yard penalty and a first down right after a big sack by clay. Other wise great game by him and DMVP of game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I bet before each snap next week, the Eagles o-line is gonna be asking "Where's Walden?" Ha ha

Couldn't help myself.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm not too worried. Seems like TT can find stud players under rocks and in cornfields. Damn near fall out of the trees to him. We still haven't really seen what Brad Jones can do.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Z, just lost his job! Wow!!!

That sack of Cutler, where he does a delayed blitz was performed perfectly. He waited until the Bear's unengaged tackles look outside since they both think nobody is coming up the middle and he hits the hole right at that moment and sacks Cutler. Dude, he basically got by 2 Bears Tackles who missed him. The two Bears were yelling at each other after that play cause they knew one of them blew an assignment. AWESOME!! Lovie is gonna give em hell about that for sure.

Dude played like a veteran starter after that first mistake. I'd like to see more of him against Philly.
The way I understand it was he was "spying" Cutler, once he realized he was not gonna run from the pocket he attacked. Either way, it was a good play.
I think alot of people don't realize how the drop off in talent in professional ball isn't as great as some think. Alot of times it's the position coach who likes one thing or so about each player.
With really great coaching you can get someone up to speed in a hurry. It would indicate to me superior coaching rather than finding a "diamond in the rough".
Dom Capers is in my humble opinion a defensive genius, he plays his players to their strengths, which in Walden's case seem to be working in our favor. I'd love to see him against Philly.
I really hope the D can contain those edge runs more, it pains me when they lose contain, and against Vick, it will be real important.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I personally believe, if we don't contain Vick, we lose the game Sunday. Simple as that. If we can get to him, hit him, and force him to make quick decisions, like the Vikes did, we got a shot.

Vick is going to be ready to fly out of the pocket at the first hint of pressure. We need a spy on him who can contain him. Walden maybe that guy.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walden played a tremendous game, with fiery passion. Let's hope Dom Capers gives him another chance next week to see if he is consistent or not. I think the Packers defense keeps improving every week, and Walden proved to me that the 3-4 defense that Caper has is truly suffocating to offensive opponents.

The Vikings defense that contained and forced Vick to make mistakes is no where close to Green Bay's defensive play level. If Capers uses the correct plays against Vick...well...game over for the Eagles.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Ron Burgundy posted it in news (some don't read there), but just wanted to add..

He was named Defensive Player of the Week AND

after review was credited with 16 tackles and 3 sacks. Amazing.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm not too worried. Seems like TT can find stud players under rocks and in cornfields. Damn near fall out of the trees to him. We still haven't really seen what Brad Jones can do.
Haha, like the box in Shawshank Redemption.
I know the Packers are impressed with Jones' athleticism, it seems we have a good problem this offseason.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feelin this Walden guy. i think he is a nice addition to our team and he is going to help us with Vick. I'm still not giving up on Zombo though!!!! Can we please just have them both!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts