How about the bye week timing

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bye week comes at a pretty good time IMO. I'd rather have it a little earlier in the season like we do beacause it gives us more time to work with the yougsters and new players before it is too late in the race. Also I like that it is before two away games, especially the big one at Minne.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the schedule was announced Viking customers were complaining and thought there was a conspiracy within the NFL against them. They really are desperate about their failures.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That' a good way to look at it Traxx. I've always liked the last few years of having it in the middle of the season, but with our schedule getting pretty tough after the bye you may be on to something.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
When the schedule was announced Viking customers were complaining and thought there was a conspiracy within the NFL against them. They really are desperate about their failures.

They do this every year. It's either the officiating, the referees, the weather or something else. I guess when you've been choking for 45 years, it's pretty easy to become a conspiracy theorist.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 things about our bye week that "came to me"....
1. Favre always seems to get hurt the week before a bye. That's against the Saints, and I'll be at that game. NOOOOOO....
2. Extra motivation to win the Saints game fo rthe extra week off. :)
3. An extra week to prepare for the Vikes. Sweet. Maybe we can come up with a fake punt or some new wrinkle.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Favre always seems to get hurt the week before a bye. That's against the Saints, and I'll be at that game. NOOOOOO....

I'm flying up for the Saints game as well, ORRELSE and your comment brought back painfull memories. I was at the game against the Redskins in 2002 when Favre sustained maybe his worst injury. As you mentioned, we had a bye the next week and then the Dolphins came into Green Bay for a Monday nighter. Brett barely missed a beat, but if we had not had that bye, his streak would have ended the following week.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

tsk tsk tsk. :cry:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers schedule is difficult as it is too. 3 Monday Night Football Games, 1 Sunday Night Game, not to mention they play Christmas Day. Anyway, enough whining LOL. They have a few short weeks during their season, that's all.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
I'm flying up for the Saints game as well, ORRELSE and your comment brought back painfull memories. I was at the game against the Redskins in 2002 when Favre sustained maybe his worst injury. As you mentioned, we had a bye the next week and then the Dolphins came into Green Bay for a Monday nighter. Brett barely missed a beat, but if we had not had that bye, his streak would have ended the following week.
Then... you should stay home.... for the sake of the Team ! :shock:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts