1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How about the bye week timing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerTraxx, Sep 8, 2005.

1. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The bye week comes at a pretty good time IMO. I'd rather have it a little earlier in the season like we do beacause it gives us more time to work with the yougsters and new players before it is too late in the race. Also I like that it is before two away games, especially the big one at Minne.

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When the schedule was announced Viking customers were complaining and thought there was a conspiracy within the NFL against them. They really are desperate about their failures.

3. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That' a good way to look at it Traxx. I've always liked the last few years of having it in the middle of the season, but with our schedule getting pretty tough after the bye you may be on to something.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They do this every year. It's either the officiating, the referees, the weather or something else. I guess when you've been choking for 45 years, it's pretty easy to become a conspiracy theorist.

5. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    3 things about our bye week that "came to me"....
    1. Favre always seems to get hurt the week before a bye. That's against the Saints, and I'll be at that game. NOOOOOO....
    2. Extra motivation to win the Saints game fo rthe extra week off. :)
    3. An extra week to prepare for the Vikes. Sweet. Maybe we can come up with a fake punt or some new wrinkle.

6. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm flying up for the Saints game as well, ORRELSE and your comment brought back painfull memories. I was at the game against the Redskins in 2002 when Favre sustained maybe his worst injury. As you mentioned, we had a bye the next week and then the Dolphins came into Green Bay for a Monday nighter. Brett barely missed a beat, but if we had not had that bye, his streak would have ended the following week.

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    tsk tsk tsk. :cry:

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think the Packers schedule is difficult as it is too. 3 Monday Night Football Games, 1 Sunday Night Game, not to mention they play Christmas Day. Anyway, enough whining LOL. They have a few short weeks during their season, that's all.

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Then... you should stay home.... for the sake of the Team ! :shock: