vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
[quote="Yared-Yam":eek:l5id74e]
Philtration said:
My my my...... still in denile are we?
1-4 is 1-4. Not 3-2, not 4-1.....
You were closer to being 0-5 then you were to being 3-2 so please get a grip and stop pretending that this team does not suck.

If this was five years ago...

*shakes fist*

I burst out laughing at that remark YY.

Nice. :lol:[/quote:eek:l5id74e]

If this were only the "70's" or the "80's"......oops.....it is

:rotflmao:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You were closer to being 0-5 then you were to being 3-2 so please get a grip and stop pretending that this team does not suck.

Blah Blah -- da bears still suck!!!

What a pathetic waste for you to come on a rival board and spew crap at fans that still root hard for a 1-4 team and are looking at the good things from this team.

I never wasted my time trying to kick the lowly bears with pathetic teams for a decade. I enjoyed getting the wins over a rival, but moved on after the game.

Things are getting better for this team and there's no reason we can't pull out a winning season this year. Even if we don't, it's very unlikely we'll have to sit in the basement as long as the lowly bears.

GO PACK GO!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
[quote="Yared-Yam":hbob9gfl]
Philtration said:

If this was five years ago...

*shakes fist*

I burst out laughing at that remark YY.

Nice. :lol:

If this were only the "70's" or the "80's"......oops.....it is

:rotflmao:[/quote:hbob9gfl]

It may be....How many Super Bowls did the queenies win in the 70's and 80's.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good call Depack... i love the Viking trump card. "hey how many super bowls have you guys won, since the beginning of time"

as far as wins this season... i think we can have a .500 season. maybe a winning season . but i think its more likely to be a 7-9 type deal.

the 4 teams that have beaten us so far have a combined 3 loses. Thats a pretty staggering number, especially when you consider that we were very close in all but one game. those teams are either 4-1 or 5-0. Those are not slouch teams. We have shown improvments, and we have a bye week to get healthy. I can see a 5 to 6 game streak happening but i wouldnt hold my breath either. if we come out 4-2 from the next 6 games id be pleasantly suprised. and it would go a long way in deflecting all these trolls.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Being the best of the worse isn't a good nessacary a good thing.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
it really bothers me knowing we could have been 3-2.

Imagine how the team feels... :wink:

I don't think 6 in a row is realistic, but we can definitely improve our record greatly:

We should beat the Dolphins, Jets and Niners handily.
We have at least a 50/50 shot at the Cards, Bills, Vikes (twice) and Lions.
We have to fall back on the "on any given Sunday" nonsense when we face the Pats, Seahawks and Bears.

That could easiliy add up to 7 or 8 wins out of the last eleven games, especially if the defense and o-line continue to improve (and they should).

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless our defense improves we are not going anywhere farther than a 3-13 season. I can see us beating San Fran and Detroit again. We cant win giving up so many points. We are 30th to giving up points only to Detroit and San Fran. GB 138, Detroit 141, San 146.

We could play flawless football and score 30 points in a game, but what does that matter if our defense gives up 35.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense also hasn't allowed a 100 yrd rushing game (by one back). In fact the rusher that has really hurt us has been McNabb. Last week was fairly impressive against Holt and Bruce as well. I think the D will get to form soon. Hopefully. We need more pressure on the QB.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Philtration said:

What a pathetic waste for you to come on a rival board and spew crap at fans that still root hard for a 1-4 team and are looking at the good things from this team.

I never wasted my time trying to kick the lowly bears with pathetic teams for a decade. I enjoyed getting the wins over a rival, but moved on after the game.

Things are getting better for this team and there's no reason we can't pull out a winning season this year. Even if we don't, it's very unlikely we'll have to sit in the basement as long as the lowly bears.

GO PACK GO!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Since you have never been to a Bears site then how can you posibly know about the Packer fans who show up and say stupid crap like "well at least we own our our team!"

Reaction score
Philtration said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Since you have never been to a Bears site then how can you posibly know about the Packer fans who show up and say stupid crap like "well at least we own our our team!"

Phil, are you generalizing Packer fans?

That's bound to happen with any rivalry, regardless. Just because some fans do it, it doesn't mean all fans should be held to the same standard.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Phil, are you generalizing Packer fans?

That's bound to happen with any rivalry, regardless. Just because some fans do it, it doesn't mean all fans should be held to the same standard.

A moment of enlightment?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Bobby Roberts said:
Philtration said:

GO PACK GO!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Cry me a river. BTW, I never said that I represent other Packer fans. In my post I pointed out that I never went around kicking a rival while they were down. I never said that other fans didn't do just that. The reason I don't go to a Bears' site is because I'm a Packer fan and I don't have the time to waste at other sites.

We are 1-4, not 3-2 nor 0-5. The point of this thread is that we have been close in most of the loses, which shows improvement for a young, inexperienced team with a rookie HC.

Everyone knows this is a rebuilding year for the Packers and as fans we're looking for things to build on. Getting a winning streak going is definitely one of those things. Teaching the young guys how to win as a team is hell of a lot more important IMHO than having a better draft position.

These are all points that I would have expected a Bears fan to understand considering the recent past for your team. After all it wasn't too long ago that your young, inexperienced team was looking for things to build on.

GO PACK GO!!!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go crawl back in your holes Bear fans. The Bears will crumble just like they always do. Then we wont hear from you guys again until next year. Wohoooo. The Bulls suck. The Cubs suck. All around, you Chicago guys suck.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Go crawl back in your holes Bear fans. The Bears will crumble just like they always do. Then we wont hear from you guys again until next year. Wohoooo. The Bulls suck. The Cubs suck. All around, you Chicago guys suck.

Bulls do not suck. They are going deep into the playoffs this year!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets keep this on topic.....

I would love for a streak to happen but right now I would settle for a win or two..then we can go for a streak.

One thing I do see happening is at the end of the year, we should be a much better team and the Bears will be sitting most of their starters....hmmmm.

No excuses now bear fans!

God, it is really bad when I admit it might take the bears sitting their starters for us to win. :oops:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

I would love for a streak to happen but right now I would settle for a win or two..then we can go for a streak.

One thing I do see happening is at the end of the year, we should be a much better team and the Bears will be sitting most of their starters....hmmmm.

God, it is really bad when I admit it might take the bears sitting their starters for us to win. :oops:

Be careful! 4 or 5 years ago the reverse happened. The bears were going nowhere and the Packers had a playoff spot locked. I thought for sure that the Bears would steal a cheap one. Nope. Packers scrubs (Nall) torched the already vacationing Bears.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
trippster said:

Be careful! 4 or 5 years ago the reverse happened. The bears were going nowhere and the Packers had a playoff spot locked. I thought for sure that the Bears would steal a cheap one. Nope. Packers scrubs (Nall) torched the already vacationing Bears.

I remember that game. However favre threw for a couple of touchdowns in the first half before sitting out the second half. The toughdown that Nall threw was a beautiful pass. That is when I thought the sails must have been taken out of the Bear fans knowing that not only was Favre a nightmare for the Bears but Nall could be too. I thought it was a sign of the future...little did I know.

I really liked Nall. I wish he would have stayed. Looks like the move to Buffalo did him no good.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
flapackfan said:

Don't confuse them with facts.
The Packers are better than the Bears.
The Brewers are better than the White Sox.
The Bucks are better than the Bulls.
Outhouses are better than indoor plumbing.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
4thand26 said:
flapackfan said:

Don't confuse them with facts.
The Packers are better than the Bears.
The Brewers are better than the White Sox.
The Bucks are better than the Bulls.
Outhouses are better than indoor plumbing.

If Wisconsin is so bad then why do all the FIBS keep coming up here for vacation and retirement? It has been a long time since I heard of a cheesehead going to Illinois for rest.

Packers can get a streak going if they can get their red zone offense going.

Members online

Latest posts