How about some credit to MM?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember last year, MM was having serious problems making half-time adjustments? We forgave him because being a rookie coach is like being thrown into a fast moving river and being expected to stay afloat.

I got pretty angry at the very last drive before halftime. We had 1:38 left and I thought we should have pushed to make a FG to tie the game. After all, I had a feeling that if we kept the ball in the air, they'd break.

Well, halftime, we were down and our O looked mediocre. MM came out the 2nd half and sort of abandoned the run, trying it only on 1st down, before ditching it entirely and not bringing it back until the game was almost out of reach.

Insanity is to do something repeatedly and to expect different results. Our OL simply wasn't opening holes for our RBs, and the Giants stuffed our run. So instead, MM let Favre work his magic and slay the Giants with small passes to seven different receivers. There was one streak where Favre completed 14 straight passes.

MM's playcalling in the 2nd half left the Giants completely demoralized. So I want to give props to MM. He's looking much better in his sophomore year. Here's to a winning season. :packbeer:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoyed his halftime adjustments.

At halftime, a lot of people were DOWN our our Defense. The words 'horrible' 'sucks' and 'embarrassing' were used. I was embarrassed FOR those people, abandoning the defense due to a not-so-great first half.

Our offense was average at best.

But coming out of halftime...IT.....WAS......ON

The offense executed, the defense got pressure and a turnover. Special teams did their thing. The game was over when GB came out of the tunnel. They were pissed, and I give credit to MM for having them prepared to come out, take the lead, and NEVER look back.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post, zombie. I was annoyed at halftime because the whole team seemed to lack punch. I was really impressed by how they immediately took over the game in the second half, and they did not let their foot off the accelerator when they got the lead. I think Sherman/Rossley would've sat on the lead as soon as they got it--not that I want to open up THAT debate again.

Staff online

Members online