How about a trade with the Bears?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Did ya want the bubble-gum cigar? It probably was the Madison game where he fumbled the ball - I remember the replay... oooh so close... and at the last sec, bang, out came the ball - I almost thought he was gonna pull a Brett Faavre right there as he came down.... remember him flipping all the way over...? WOW

Ya gotta give the guy his due - up until the fumble,m - you badgers were cryin in yer soup... it looked like he was gonna pull a Notre Dame on ya.

LoL, I just remember watching a lot of clips and the tail end of the game. Everyone thought err well most thought Purdue was gonna smack the Badgers up in that game.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Badgers were slapping Orton and the Boilers up badly, until they cheap shotted James to take him out of the game.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt been upset if the Pack traded Nall. If Brett would happen to go down I say we got to go with Rodgers anyway. He's our future QB so why not put his feet to the fire if we have to. I think the Bears screwed up by signing Blake. They should have given Testeverde a call.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
I wouldnt been upset if the Pack traded Nall. If Brett would happen to go down I say we got to go with Rodgers anyway. He's our future QB so why not put his feet to the fire if we have to. I think the Bears screwed up by signing Blake. They should have given Testeverde a call.

They actually screwed up in not signing Kurt Warner when they had the chance. All they had to do was tell him that he would start if he beat out the competition. He said that he would have accepted that and would be in a Bears uniform right now. Jerry Angelo is a**hole!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
The Badgers were slapping Orton and the Boilers up badly, until they cheap shotted James to take him out of the game.
Whoa there ol' man - maybe you need to re-review that game...
Kyle Orton was giving the Badgers fits all over the place. The Announcers were going crazy about it. All the way up until Orton went up head over heels (Like Double D did) and as he came down, out popped the ball - We all thought he might have broken his wrist, it looked like that type of a landing..... That one play is what saved the Badgers that game... Purdue and Joe Tiller had you guys on your heels..(psst, it's College)

Anyway, I digress.. it's last year's news...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be no trade with the Bears. TJ Sullivan will be cut and any team can pick him up. agopackgo4 says quote:" would rather they trade Aaron Rodgers than Nall. I really like Nall. I dont understand why people put him down. Every time he has came in a game he has done good." unquote---- If the Packers would have assessed Craig Nall QB talents like agopackgo4, they would have never drafted Rodgers. Please come to Green Bay and watch the Packers at training camp. I don't think you would advocate what you posted. I would be happy if Craig Nall would progress to a point where he would be able to be a starting QB in the NFL. Unfoutunately The Packers haven't come to that conclusion yet, because at times, Craig Nall has not looked very good in practice sessions either this year or last year. In '04 he looked adequate in relief of Brett Favre during regular season games, but that was probably not enough to convince the Packers, he would be heir apparent to Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers, for a rookie QB with this Packer Team has done nothing but impress The Packers and we "railbirds" out at Packer training camp sessions. Rodgers needs experience, and he will have a couple years to get it, during Farve's last two years at QB here in Green Bay. To me and any other Packer fan, it should make no difference if either Rodgers or Nall who becomes the Packer starting QB after Favre , as long as the one chosen has talent to get the job done!! Remember this is two year process, don't make a premature conclusion, as to who whether Rodgers or Nall, (or neither) will be the next GB QB after Favre. We can only hope, Packers have more sucess finding one, than Broncos, 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, and the Bears who all have had problems finding the main man after their long time star QB retired.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
There will be no trade with the Bears. TJ Sullivan will be cut and any team can pick him up. agopackgo4 says quote:" would rather they trade Aaron Rodgers than Nall. I really like Nall. I dont understand why people put him down. Every time he has came in a game he has done good." unquote---- If the Packers would have assessed Craig Nall QB talents like agopackgo4, they would have never drafted Rodgers. Please come to Green Bay and watch the Packers at training camp. I don't think you would advocate what you posted. I would be happy if Craig Nall would progress to a point where he would be able to be a starting QB in the NFL. Unfoutunately The Packers haven't come to that conclusion yet, because at times, Craig Nall has not looked very good in practice sessions either this year or last year. In '04 he looked adequate in relief of Brett Favre during regular season games, but that was probably not enough to convince the Packers, he would be heir apparent to Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers, for a rookie QB with this Packer Team has done nothing but impress The Packers and we "railbirds" out at Packer training camp sessions. Rodgers needs experience, and he will have a couple years to get it, during Farve's last two years at QB here in Green Bay. To me and any other Packer fan, it should make no difference if either Rodgers or Nall who becomes the Packer starting QB after Favre , as long as the one chosen has talent to get the job done!! Remember this is two year process, don't make a premature conclusion, as to who whether Rodgers or Nall, (or neither) will be the next GB QB after Favre. We can only hope, Packers have more sucess finding one, than Broncos, 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, and the Bears who all have had problems finding the main man after their long time star QB retired.

Exactly. The reason that Rodgers was rated as high as he was is because the 49ers were desperate to make a statement to their fans by taking a "franchise" QB. Even if there were none in the first round. The Packers needed a difference maker on defense with that pick and chose a QB instead.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. The reason that Rodgers was rated as high as he was is because the 49ers were desperate to make a statement to their fans by taking a "franchise" QB. Even if there were none in the first round. The Packers needed a difference maker on defense with that pick and chose a QB instead.

Packers have the BIGGEST difference maker on defense. the first preseason game showed.

His name is BATES.

Phil, try as you may, this board will never be a Bears forum.

Members online

Latest posts