"How Aaron Rodgers Saved the Packers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Un4---

I went and looked back at your posting history...Your 2nd post here, you said

and in a thread about Marshall Newhouse, you go on a rant about Rodgers.

1st 2 days here, 3 out of 5 posts are blasting Rodgers...

You say you love him as a Packer, but in all honesty, it seems you have an agenda, and your posts indicate other wise..

You then were gone for little over two years...Your 1st post after your time away, blasting Rodgers again.

You have every right to be critical and post that way, but when it seems 80% of your posts are blasting Rodgers, something is off...

80%.... You understand that means that somewhere in the where-a-bout of 143 of my 179 current messages would have to be directly related to your words "Blasting Rodgers." And maybe I take things less sensitively than you, but there is at least 5 in this thread alone where I do not "blast" Rodgers. I hope you understand the difference between saying things like "OMG scrub shouldn't being playing football." and "IMO he isn't the greatest leader of all time"

Want to talk about an agenda, this is now the 5th time i have had to defend myself from this.

1. I have over 40 message in the past week about Jared Abbrederis, how speed at the wide receiver is important, and about our defense. This isn't even the number 1 thing I talked about in the past week.

2. I bet if you search the forums, his name would be the top 1 talked about in the last 3 years. He's the quarterback of course people have more to say about him then others. Not really an uncommon thing.

3. I had a son, that's why I took a break... He is now old enough that i have some free time in my day and am able to enjoy some of this stuff again. I got accused that I would "leave the first time the Packers did good". Not true. We beat minnesota, and Detriot since then and I haven't left.

Honestly, what does it say about you that you cannot accept a person's viewpoint without believing that he has "agenda". That you have to make up outrageous and untrue stats and post them on a forum (about a person here) without checking for validity to try and hurt their character over the topic of a NFL quarterback. That you have to change the subject from "I don't believe Aaron is the greatest leader" to "This is about you, and your agenda." Wouldn't it be a lot easier to debate the actual conversation at hand then trying to personally attack someone with a view different than yours?

This may be the the most "blasting" post I have put on here... And it's not directed at A-Rod. Just saying.

Last edited:

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Lol of course more personal attacks, that i must be some grief stricken ex gay lover of Rodgers because I post "he isn't the greatest leader IMO".

Honestly this is crap, and if you feel good about yourself for that. I feel sorry for you.

Haha just a joke bud, I couldn't resist.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha just a joke bud, I couldn't resist.

It's all good... I figured

Just all too often on here. Someone that doesn't support the masses gets met with personal attacks to their character which i don't really support. People have different opinions and that ok. It's a forum you don't have to reply, you don't have to agree.

But I think being tasteful to another human. Fellow Packer fan no matter their viewpoint is the right thing to do.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I'm not mad we all have are own opinions...I get it. No hate from me I just thought it would be funny to post that. I'm honestly curious about some encounters you've had with ARod.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not mad we all have are own opinions...I get it. No hate from me I just thought it would be funny to post that. I'm honestly curious about some encounters you've had with ARod.

Mmm one of the all-time awesome ones was two years ago this fall. He has since moved from the area, so I feel safe saying that he lived in Suamico, closer to the bay. As I had said before that is the area that I lived in and we often met a lot of the Packers players out. (Note to anyone interested... Jordy, the offensive line, Rodgers among others favorite places to go are Chives (kind of pricey) and Rustique which has amazing pizza and Pesto fries. I highly recommend that place.)

Anyways, me and my little guy were out and about sitting at the gas station pumping gas. All of sudden a Ford Truck pulls up with none other than A-Rod. So me and my little guy are playing by the pump oblivious to who was on the other side. And it just so happens we were talking about the Packers. All of sudden head pops out from the other side saying "I know a little something about them" Without hesitation my son goes..."Do you want to play with us?!?" We all laughed, he goes "Sorry I have to leave but i can give you this." Gave him a signed hat, and a high five and left with a GoPackGo.

It was priceless, just wish my son was a little older at the time (only 3) so he'd realize a little more what just happened.

But as I have said before, me talking about his leadership was 100 percent not related to him as person. In my experience he is actually nicer than he needed to be in a lot of situations. And leadership has nothing to do with someone being a "good person". They are completely different aspects of life.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
80%.... You understand that means that somewhere in the where-a-bout of 143 of my 179 current messages would have to be directly related to your words "Blasting Rodgers." And maybe I take things less sensitively than you, but there is at least 5 in this thread alone where I do not "blast" Rodgers. I hope you understand the difference between saying things like "OMG scrub shouldn't being playing football." and "IMO he isn't the greatest leader of all time"

Want to talk about an agenda, this is now the 5th time i have had to defend myself from this.

1. I have over 40 message in the past week about Jared Abbrederis, how speed at the wide receiver is important, and about our defense. This isn't even the number 1 thing I talked about in the past week.

2. I bet if you search the forums, his name would be the top 1 talked about in the last 3 years. He's the quarterback of course people have more to say about him then others. Not really an uncommon thing.

3. I had a son, that's why I took a break... He is now old enough that i have some free time in my day and am able to enjoy some of this stuff again. I got accused that I would "leave the first time the Packers did good". Not true. We beat minnesota, and Detriot since then and I haven't left.

Honestly, what does it say about you that you cannot accept a person's viewpoint without believing that he has "agenda". That you have to make up outrageous and untrue stats and post them on a forum (about a person here) without checking for validity to try and hurt their character over the topic of a NFL quarterback. That you have to change the subject from "I don't believe Aaron is the greatest leader" to "This is about you, and your agenda." Wouldn't it be a lot easier to debate the actual conversation at hand then trying to personally attack someone with a view different than yours?

This may be the the most "blasting" post I have put on here... And it's not directed at A-Rod. Just saying.

Seems=not a fact,
and that was about your Rodgers postings...80 % are blasting him

I can accept your point of view----(talking about untrue and making up outrageous "facts" your doing it to me by saying I cant accept your view point)

I have made a few threads myself blasting Rodgers for horrible play in the playoffs..So you being critical of him I dont have a problem at all with. Go and search for them. I was only one really that was calling Rodgers out and others didnt agree with me.

I didnt make the comment of you leaving for any reason other then you were blasting Rodgers in 2013,--- then 1st post back, you blasted him..Its a pattern..

Your going to have a hard time convincing others you love Rodgers when most of your posts of him (the 80%) are blasting him--that was my main point..You have taken a lot of time searching and posting stats on why he was horrible, but hard to find the same passion for him when he is good

Now, if you dont like my perceived opinion of your views, thats fine, but I am not the only one that has noticed the pattern.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'm glad to know he did that. One time my brother in law who lives in Denver ran into Peyton Manning. My brother in law is active air force, a B52 pilot actually. Was wearing his uniform because he had just came from the academy doing some stuff. Anyways he saw Manning at a hotel and asked for his autograph. Manning literally looked at him and just walked off. Didn't say a word to him. I thought that was pretty messed up....

What is a negative experience you had with ARod? Idk if I read wrong but it seems like you had a negative encounter with him or something.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm one of the all-time awesome ones was two years ago this fall. He has since moved from the area, so I feel safe saying that he lived in Suamico, closer to the bay. As I had said before that is the area that I lived in and we often met a lot of the Packers players out. (Note to anyone interested... Jordy, the offensive line, Rodgers among others favorite places to go are Chives (kind of pricey) and Rustique which has amazing pizza and Pesto fries. I highly recommend that place.)

Anyways, me and my little guy were out and about sitting at the gas station pumping gas. All of sudden a Ford Truck pulls up with none other than A-Rod. So me and my little guy are playing by the pump oblivious to who was on the other side. And it just so happens we were talking about the Packers. All of sudden head pops out from the other side saying "I know a little something about them" Without hesitation my son goes..."Do you want to play with us?!?" We all laughed, he goes "Sorry I have to leave but i can give you this." Gave him a signed hat, and a high five and left with a GoPackGo.

It was priceless, just wish my son was a little older at the time (only 3) so he'd realize a little more what just happened.

But as I have said before, me talking about his leadership was 100 percent not related to him as person. In my experience he is actually nicer than he needed to be in a lot of situations. And leadership has nothing to do with someone being a "good person". They are completely different aspects of life.

So that was awesome...

But you said he wasnt a role model...what story can you share?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
But you said he wasnt a role model...what story can you share?
This is what he's previously posted in his first brief appearance on this site:
Nobody made him play football, he could have pursued a legal career or being a doctor. Im sorry but I DO NOT feel bad for a man who cannot take 5 seconds out of his life to sign an autograph for a 5 year old. But can't smooze with a ***** blonde who is all over him for 10 minutes. He has his own home to go to for peace, along with the private clubs and the money to fund jets to take him anywhere in the world. Poor Aaron Rodgers...

His celebrity status works both ways and he has no problem using the woman appeal side of it, but is too busy for a kid... Arod is the man at quarterback, but there is no question from my experiences with him that he isnt nearly role model for young childern outside of the football field.
IMO he obviously has an ax to grind against Rodgers and he does so in a passive/aggressive way.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Un4 - while I admire the way you have hung in there you are wasting your time. The majority of the people on this board believe that if you criticize A-Rod in any way, shape or form, you are simply a Favre lover and not a Packer fan. That being said, I have been rather critical of A-Rod myself, to the point that some posters have blocked me after flat out accusing me of being a Favre lover. I mention this simply because I want to be clear that I am a guy who has been critical of Rodgers yet I am bit perplexed by some of the things you are saying. So let's start with this:

I won't even comment to this, honestly I'm done with this conversation but if you think Rodgers is the "reason" the packers won that game you should go back and watch it.

And another quote in reference to whether Rodgers won the game

I am saying that he didn't... I don't know how you even put 2 and 2 together on that one? lol

While I think I understand that you are saying Rodgers did not win the game by himself, that is not the way you are coming across as you seem to want to give credit to everyone but Rodgers for winning that game. Winning that game was a team effort:

1. It required the defense playing outstanding over the last 3 quarters
2. It required some lucky bounces combined with awareness by Cobb to win that game
3. It required the strip-sack fumble by peppers to win that game
4. It required Adams making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball by Rodgers to win that game
5. It required a spark from Crockett to win that game
6. It required an 11 play, 84 yard drive culminating with a 17 yard TD run by Rodgers to win that game
7. It required Rodgers being just elusive enough to drawn an inadvertent facemask penalty with no time on the clock
8. It required Rodgers escaping pressure (on a 3 man rush which is completely ridiculous) to even make the final heave

And contrary to your belief:

I think incredible is a stretch, probably won't be in his top 50 throws at the end of his career for difficulty. But the fact RR caught it, made the "moment" special that's for sure.

9. It required and absolutely incredible throw (and everyone on the planet except you and probably Skip Bayless knows this) to win that game. It was the longest game winning, hail mary pass in NFL history. If you don't view that as incredible, I think you are seriously jaded. Do you realize most QB's making that throw, throw it as a line drive or throw it in the back of the endzone, or throw it to close to the sideline, or throw it more in the middle of the field all of which would lead to an incompletion. To throw the ball 60 yards, with great trajectory, in the perfect spot, is not something to scoff at. Did the completion of the pass require some luck? Sure, but it required an incredible amount of skill on the part of Rodgers. I think you really have a serious lack of appreciation of how difficult of a throw that is to make, you seem to believe that all it required was to have the ball thrown 60 yards and that simply is not the case.

10. It required absolutely putrid defense by the Lions on that final play to win that game
11. And finally it required amazing awareness and effort by RR on that final play to win that game.

I could put in another 30 individual plays that helped us win that game and Rodgers name would pop up in a 1/3 of them.

The point being you really are downplaying his role in winning that game, he was huge part of the team's success in that game and without him (along with the rest of the team), we simply do not win the game.

And since I rambled on way to long on that point, just to touch on leadership quickly. I totally understand what you are saying and seeing with Rodgers on the sideline, but the problem with that is that is entirely to easy to confuse what TV people think is good TV with lack of leadership. Here are some things that TV people thing are good TV:

1. Tom Brady yelling and screaming and dropping F-Bombs every other word on TV
2. Mike McCarthy standing on the sideline with his ***** look of bewilderment and disbelief when things go wrong
3. Teammates fighting on the sideline
4. Jay Cutler sitting by himself pouting on the sideline
5. Aaron Rodgers looking disinterested on the sideline
6. Squirrels running in the field of play

Here are some thing that TV people don't consider good TV

1. Rodgers on the sideline reviewing every play after every drive
2. Rodgers on the sideline being stoic and unrattled
3. Rodgers on the sideline quietly telling his teammates "we got this"
4. Rodgers and McCarthy quietly discussing what is happening on the sideline
5. Rodgers and McCarthy quietly talking about the new Star Wars trailer on the sideline

now granted that last one is just silly but the point of all of this is there are different types of leaders, Tom Brady is a very vocal, demonstrative, flat our ******** of a leader, and I am certain his teammates consider him a great leader but that does not mean that is what you have to do to be a leader.

Rodgers is a quiet (most of the time), do your job, lead by example by staying cool, calm and collected leader. To even remotely suggest that Rodgers is not a leader is bewildering as the plain simple fact is, in the NFL huddle filled with grown men who are prime specimens of testosterone filled athletes with a multitude of different personalities, if you are not a leader at the QB position, you will lose your teammates very quickly and it will show by the team's performance.

Ask the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, NY Jets, Houston Texans and other teams if they would take the leadership qualities of Aaron Rodgers.

In closing, I honestly have no clue if Aaron Rodgers is a good leader or not and the reason being is I would never be so presumptive to believe I could make that statement based on whether or not TV people think what is happening on the sidelines is good TV or not.

Okay, in the name of all that is holy, if anybody actually bothers to read that diatribe on my part, you get a cookie, or something.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
:)
Un4 - while I admire the way you have hung in there you are wasting your time. The majority of the people on this board believe that if you criticize A-Rod in any way, shape or form, you are simply a Favre lover and not a Packer fan. That being said, I have been rather critical of A-Rod myself, to the point that some posters have blocked me after flat out accusing me of being a Favre lover. I mention this simply because I want to be clear that I am a guy who has been critical of Rodgers yet I am bit perplexed by some of the things you are saying. So let's start with this:

While I think I understand that you are saying Rodgers did not win the game by himself, that is not the way you are coming across as you seem to want to give credit to everyone but Rodgers for winning that game. Winning that game was a team effort:

2. It required some lucky bounces combined with awareness by Cobb to win that game
4. It required Adams making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball by Rodgers to win that game
6. It required an 11 play, 84 yard drive culminating with a 17 yard TD run by Rodgers to win that game
7. It required Rodgers being just elusive enough to drawn an inadvertent facemask penalty with no time on the clock
8. It required Rodgers escaping pressure (on a 3 man rush which is completely ridiculous) to even make the final heave

9. It required and absolutely incredible throw (and everyone on the planet except you and probably Skip Bayless knows this) to win that game. It was the longest game winning, hail mary pass in NFL history. If you don't view that as incredible, I think you are seriously jaded. Do you realize most QB's making that throw, throw it as a line drive or throw it in the back of the endzone, or throw it to close to the sideline, or throw it more in the middle of the field all of which would lead to an incompletion. To throw the ball 60 yards, with great trajectory, in the perfect spot, is not something to scoff at. Did the completion of the pass require some luck? Sure, but it required an incredible amount of skill on the part of Rodgers. I think you really have a serious lack of appreciation of how difficult of a throw that is to make, you seem to believe that all it required was to have the ball thrown 60 yards and that simply is not the case.

10. It required absolutely putrid defense by the Lions on that final play to win that game
11. And finally it required amazing awareness and effort by RR on that final play to win that game.

I could put in another 30 individual plays that helped us win that game and Rodgers name would pop up in a 1/3 of them.

The point being you really are downplaying his role in winning that game, he was huge part of the team's success in that game and without him (along with the rest of the team), we simply do not win the game.

And since I rambled on way to long on that point, just to touch on leadership quickly. I totally understand what you are saying and seeing with Rodgers on the sideline, but the problem with that is that is entirely to easy to confuse what TV people think is good TV with lack of leadership. Here are some things that TV people thing are good TV:

2. Mike McCarthy standing on the sideline with his ***** look of bewilderment and disbelief when things go wrong

5. Rodgers and McCarthy quietly talking about the new Star Wars trailer on the sideline

now granted that last one is just silly but the point of all of this is there are different types of leaders, Tom Brady is a very vocal, demonstrative, flat our ******** of a leader, and I am certain his teammates consider him a great leader but that does not mean that is what you have to do to be a leader.

Rodgers is a quiet (most of the time), do your job, lead by example by staying cool, calm and collected leader. To even remotely suggest that Rodgers is not a leader is bewildering as the plain simple fact is, in the NFL huddle filled with grown men who are prime specimens of testosterone filled athletes with a multitude of different personalities, if you are not a leader at the QB position, you will lose your teammates very quickly and it will show by the team's performance.

Ask the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, NY Jets, Houston Texans and other teams if they would take the leadership qualities of Aaron Rodgers.

In closing, I honestly have no clue if Aaron Rodgers is a good leader or not and the reason being is I would never be so presumptive to believe I could make that statement based on whether or not TV people think what is happening on the sidelines is good TV or not.

Okay, in the name of all that is holy, if anybody actually bothers to read that diatribe on my part, you get a cookie, or something.

I read your novel of a post and would like my cookie now...:whistling:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what he's previously posted in his first brief appearance on this site: IMO he obviously has an ax to grind against Rodgers and he does so in a passive/aggressive way.

LMAO! More accusations and not actually contributing to why Rodgers is a great leader in anyway. This is a juvenile tactic that children use when they are at a loss to win a conversation. Seriously it is, look it up.

And passive aggressive is the ABSOLUTE last thing I am, which shows what little you know but yet are willing to label someone you don't know. I just feel bad for you that you need to go to that level with someone you have never met.

I say what is on my mind, all the time. Thus why people have a problem with me. Want to call me judgemental, or blunt to a fault... a million other things would make sense. Passive aggressive is not one of them. I was just as harsh about abbrederis, but no one seemed to think I hate the guy or have an axe to grind...

Your whole premise is a joke... Im not sure why i even dignified with an answer. It won't happen again.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Damn some good points... to try and touch on a couple of them.

I do agree, his run for the touchdown. The scramble and throw were all great things. I was just stating the phrase "he won that game for us" was inaccurate from what I saw. I have never doubted his ability or what he did in that game. Just if you are going to give him credit for winning the game, you have to give him credit from coming out flat and not playing well.

Also to your point of what is seen on TV... I point those out because those are moments others can see, that if they ask where are you getting this from, I can give some proof without coming off like that I have nothing to support this. TV is not where I derived my view of Aaron and his leadership. It's his personality in the person that i have personally met.

Another point I absolutely agree with is leading by example. Problem is when you aren't performing you really cant judge anyone else on their performance. The system breaks. It only works when we you are best person on the team. So when he starts missing passes high and low, getting happy feet that resonates with the whole team.

One last one, Ill have to get back to more of them later, so much to answer so little time... Is I think those teams you named would take Rodgers regardless of his "leadership" abilities. He is an exceptional athlete and a freak of nature at throwing the ball.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
More accusations and not actually contributing to why Rodgers is a great leader in anyway.
How was this “contributing to why Rodgers is a great leader”, in your second post on this thread, you posted:
I also have met Rodgers multiple times and before selling him home lived a little more than quarter mile from me. Not the greatest role model in the world. That's all i will say to that.
You conflate leadership with your view of him as a role model – why would you do that? Why even bring that up? And yes, passive/aggressive despite your protestations: You post Rodgers “cannot take 5 seconds out of his life to sign an autograph for a 5 year old. But can't smooze with a ***** blonde who is all over him for 10 minutes.” But he was nice to your kid. You post, “Is it a possibility that I am wrong, and that Rodgers is the most humble, down to earth, giving guy ever. Sure, I just find it unlikely given the information I have at hand. Passive/aggressive.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How was this “contributing to why Rodgers is a great leader”, in your second post on this thread, you posted: You conflate leadership with your view of him as a role model – why would you do that? Why even bring that up? And yes, passive/aggressive despite your protestations: You post Rodgers “cannot take 5 seconds out of his life to sign an autograph for a 5 year old. But can't smooze with a ***** blonde who is all over him for 10 minutes.” But he was nice to your kid. You post, “Is it a possibility that I am wrong, and that Rodgers is the most humble, down to earth, giving guy ever. Sure, I just find it unlikely given the information I have at hand. Passive/aggressive.

Seriously you are clueless... You think passive aggressive means saying two different things. THAT ISN'T WHAT IT IS. You're just a waste of time. A person who would rather try to discount someone than add something meaningful to a conversation.

For clarity, Passive aggressive is holding anger against someone but expressing it in a way as to not be very upsetting. Ill include a sample for you to make it easier for you to understand.

Example 1
Aarons god comment earlier this year to Russel Wilson. That is passive aggressive. Holding onto something that upsets you and then letting it out in a way to diss someone but in a way that isn't REALLY being mean.

Heres an article for you about it so you can learn more on the subject
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-everybody-has-a-right-to-their-own-opinion/

Speaking your mind bluntly and having the understanding that that is only your viewpoint and could be skewed by your perception is not passive aggressive. That is logic, and self awareness. That you aren't the only person in the world, other people interpret or see the same things different. So what you see and what others see can be different even though you are witnessing the same things.

Do you see what other people do? Make constructive arguments against a point? Maybe you should try that sometimes. Instead of becoming the internet psychologist which you are not very good at.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously you are clueless... You think passive aggressive means saying two different things. THAT ISN'T WHAT IT IS. You're just a waste of time. A person who would rather try to discount someone than add something meaningful to a conversation.

For clarity, Passive aggressive is holding anger against someone but expressing it in a way as to not be very upsetting. Ill include a sample for you to make it easier for you to understand.

Example 1
Aarons god comment earlier this year to Russel Wilson. That is passive aggressive. Holding onto something that upsets you and then letting it out in a way to diss someone but in a way that isn't REALLY being mean.

Heres an article for you about it so you can learn more on the subject
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-everybody-has-a-right-to-their-own-opinion/

Speaking your mind bluntly and having the understanding that that is only your viewpoint and could be skewed by your perception is not passive aggressive. That is logic, and self awareness. That you aren't the only person in the world, other people interpret or see the same things different. So what you see and what others see can be different even though you are witnessing the same things.

Do you see what other people do? Make constructive arguments against a point? Maybe you should try that sometimes. Instead of becoming the internet psychologist which you are not very good at.

So what experience(s) did you have with Rodgers as a neighbor that makes you question his leadership and his effectiveness as a role model?

Reaction score
Interesting, I remember Aaron taking a young boy with cancer and his parents door to door asking for donations for charity all night to the pleasant surprise of 100's of Green Bay residents when he rang their doorbells recently. (Fact)
We're all human and we make mistakes so IF he doesn't sign an autograph..so be it, Get over it! He's not a villian, he's human and he has a personal life like the rest of us.
I would've thought a "realist" would have enough common sense to figure that out without attempting to slander him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts