"How Aaron Rodgers Saved the Packers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UGH, lol

I'm still not convince about his leadership skills. And to quote this part...

"As these hard times have come, what we've seen is Rodgers not being overwhelmed. We've seen him respond in a way some may not have seen coming."

I strongly disagree. He has responded worse than I thought many of times. Looking downright irritated, childish. I don't know what the locker room is like nor will I pretend too. But I do think even with the sparsely added comments from players and coaches. That there is quite the reach going on.

But i do like some of the points made in the article regarding Adams and the wide receiver playing. How slow they are.

"But we did it because his receivers are slow. Then when they get open, they drop the ball."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No..its all play calling

Ive been saying it for weeks...it isnt play calling..

This article nails it

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wowwwww, the comments from people around the league on our receivers are b r u t a l. Not saying they're wrong, but ouch.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wowwwww, the comments from people around the league on our receivers are b r u t a l. Not saying they're wrong, but ouch.
I think the play calling exposes our receivers' weaknesses by putting them on an island with CBs, but I'm not sure how you draw up plays for slow receivers with little to no reach advantage over the defenders.

The commentators politely criticize our receivers every game...They go out of their way several times to point out the fact that they aren't getting separation. And you could tell when Simms exclaimed "another drop by Adams" and that he was surprised that they aren't trying different receivers, that he was as tired of seeing our garbage bottom-of-the-barrel receivers as Rodgers and the rest of us.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I strongly disagree. He has responded worse than I thought many of times. Looking downright irritated, childish.
This article seems to focus on 98% of the time and you're comment is based upon 2% of the time. Tom Brady yells at everybody when they screw up. Rodgers is more disgusted. We each handle it differently but the author seems to say that the players respect the way that he handles things. Teammates see him 100% of each week. We see 3 hours. I think that they know

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what Aikman has to say: "One thing I will say is the hits he's taking are having an effect on his throwing, and that's something that has happened to all of us [NFL quarterbacks]. I saw him miss throws in the Carolina game that he would otherwise never miss. In that game, he was hit a lot, and some of what is happening is that when you get hit, you tend to start throwing the ball a little earlier."

Rogers has taken a beating this season.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article, but I have to question Pepper's recollection ability:

"I actually got a pretty good hit on him in a game once. Not when I was in Chicago, but when I was in Carolina. Got a 15-yard flag. Unnecessary roughness. It was right on the Packers sideline. It was his first year starting, I think. It was the first time I ever got a hit on him. It was a late hit out of bounds.

"He got up, beating his chest, doing all this. I thought it was funny. But I think that hit got to him a little bit because he didn't play well the rest of the game."

Peppers then paused.

"But the Packers still ended up winning, so I guess he did all right."

I was at that game and remember the hit because it happened right in front of me. His error, though, was that the Packer's actually lost the game when Steve Smith set up a game winning touchdown by beating Woodson on long throw by Jake Delhomme. Not a big deal, but I'll bet Rodgers remembers who won.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I could block Adams. You could block Adams. And you could block Adams. We all could block Adams!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could block Adams. You could block Adams. And you could block Adams. We all could block Adams!
Haha. Seriously though, enough with the 6'-6'1" receivers with 4.6 40 times like Jones, Adams, Boykin, and Montgomery. I don't care how many TDs a player has, if they can't be a solid 1 or 2 target, then they aren't much of a receiver. We are clearly in need of a solid #1 or #2 now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha. Seriously though, enough with the 6'-6'1" receivers with 4.6 40 times like Jones, Adams, Boykin, and Montgomery. I don't care how many TDs a player has, if they can't be a solid 1 or 2 target, then they aren't much of a receiver. We are clearly in need of a solid #1 or #2 now.
were you screaming for a clear #1 or #2 last year? or in April of this year? How about in June? The start of training camp? you absolutely then, the Packers didn't have a #1 or #2 right? and what's wrong with Jones? He's had a pretty productive career in the NFL. He's not performing like the rest of the offense now, but he was really horrible with his just over 6 feet in height and is 4.6 speed when he led the league in TD's for us one year wasn't he?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
were you screaming for a clear #1 or #2 last year? or in April of this year? How about in June? The start of training camp? you absolutely then, the Packers didn't have a #1 or #2 right? and what's wrong with Jones? He's had a pretty productive career in the NFL. He's not performing like the rest of the offense now, but he was really horrible with his just over 6 feet in height and is 4.6 speed when he led the league in TD's for us one year wasn't he?
Yes, I was screaming for one. Jordy is very good and I'd love to have him now, but he plays scared against physical defenses, and Cobb isn't a tough matchup against a great defense. Rodgers can find anyone in the end zone, so a 3rd option recover catching all of those TDs isn't that impressive when most of the attention is focused elsewhere.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I was screaming for one. Jordy is very good and I'd love to have him now, but he plays scared against physical defenses, and Cobb isn't a tough matchup against a great defense. Rodgers can find anyone in the end zone, so a 3rd option recover catching all of those TDs isn't that impressive when most of the attention is focused elsewhere.

Anyone that does not understand that jordy is a true #1 receiver quite simply does not know a single thing about football.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to believe you were screaming about Thompson drafting another WR when we already had Nelson, just signed Cobb to a big contract, and had Adams, like a lot of people were. They were mad we didn't get more ILB and TE's, and here we sit, with the WR's seemingly holding this team back right now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Can you give examples of jordy playing scared?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to believe you were screaming about Thompson drafting another WR when we already had Nelson, just signed Cobb to a big contract, and had Adams, like a lot of people were. They were mad we didn't get more ILB and TE's, and here we sit, with the WR's seemingly holding this team back right now.
If we want a shot at winning the NFC each year, the team has to be built to beat Seattle (or another great defense). I didn't think we had that going into this year. As good as Nelson is, Sherman is just as Big and fast as him, and Cobb wasn't exactly giving them fits either. And I never liked Adams and thought they should have picked someone else, even after an okay rookie year.

What I had hoped for was a big receiver, a big/fast receiver, a fast receiver, or an athletic TE, all of which would be tough matchup for Seattle. We are especially showing the need for one of the above right now with Jordy being out. I do like Montgomery though, and think he could be a versatile player one he returns.

But to be honest, as long as they keep Capers around, I'd rather surround Rodgers with talent rather than the defense, since I trust Rodgers to do more with it than he ever could.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article seems to focus on 98% of the time and you're comment is based upon 2% of the time. Tom Brady yells at everybody when they screw up. Rodgers is more disgusted. We each handle it differently but the author seems to say that the players respect the way that he handles things. Teammates see him 100% of each week. We see 3 hours. I think that they know

I think this is where journalism messes with people a little bit. Just because you can quote 5 of the 200+ players that Rodgers has been around in his years of starting. (All of which if I remember right are on the current roster and would get ripped to shreds for saying anything that wasn't politically correct). Then it must be how the majority feels?

That isn't necessarily true and the author has a specific point he wants to make, so just like on the forums he is asking questions to get a certain answer.

To me this proves nothing of his leadership and overall liking in the locker room. Just that a couple of players were willing to stay PC when asked a question.

It definitely is a feel good story, coming off an extraordinary win. But personally I dont read into one story too much. It was made for a purpose to get views.

I also have met Rodgers multiple times and before selling him home lived a little more than quarter mile from me. Not the greatest role model in the world. That's all i will say to that.

(Though I will note when I seen him around with my child, he offered to sign something for him, which was a very nice for him to offer.)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I also have met Rodgers multiple times and before selling him home lived a little more than quarter mile from me. Not the greatest role model in the world. That's all i will say to that.
That's not all you've said in the past and IMO that has something to do with how you view Rodgers as a football player - I see it as a common theme in your posts here.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see those too.
Scared is not entirely accurate, but certainly not to the best of his ability. He's the only good matchup we have against great defenses, and he's certainly been quiet in these situations.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not all you've said in the past and IMO that has something to do with how you view Rodgers as a football player - I see it as a common theme in your posts here.

I understand what you are saying, but if you read my post in the thread regarding who we want to face in the playoffs... I am ******* the defense as well. People also hate on me because I view Abbrederis differently in a different thread.

I think its because even in my normal everyday life I am realist... I believe my own eyes before others. I know the purpose of the article. It's to get views, to make money.

I know Aaron's agenda is to sound good to the public, and who can blame him. Doesn't everyone want that? I also know the Packers current players aren't going to talk bad about their starting quarterback even if they tell their families different at night. Let's be honest... I can't talk crap about my CEO, why cause it is a poor career choice. Most people live by these rules. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So when I comes down to it. I believe what I have seen, trust my own eyes, my experiences with the person himself. How he acts. And relate that to experiences I have had with people in personal life.

Is it a possibility that I am wrong, and that Rodgers is the most humble, down to earth, giving guy ever. Sure, I just find it unlikely given the information I have at hand. And I don't think one little article written to make money changes that.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think its because even in my normal everyday life I am realist... I believe my own eyes before others.
It almost always surprises me when people declare themselves as “realist” without apparently recognizing the implication in doing so is others aren’t. Maybe we should post a poll to differentiate the “realists” from the “dreamers”? And regarding believing your own eyes, well that too is certainly a unique distinction…

I haven’t read a post alleging Rodgers is perfect as a human being or as a football player. And no famous person can accommodate all the fans who want their attention. If there were a lot of reports (and even rumors) about Rodgers disrespecting fans I would tend to believe them. But when such reports are extremely rare, I tend to disbelieve them.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It almost always surprises me when people declare themselves as “realist” without apparently recognizing the implication in doing so is others aren’t. Maybe we should post a poll to differentiate the “realists” from the “dreamers”? And regarding believing your own eyes, well that too is certainly a unique distinction…

I haven’t read a post alleging Rodgers is perfect as a human being or as a football player. And no famous person can accommodate all the fans who want their attention. If there were a lot of reports (and even rumors) about Rodgers disrespecting fans I would tend to believe them. But when such reports are extremely rare, I tend to disbelieve them.

But if you seen them more than 10 times with your own eyes... If you knew his neighbors for more than 10 years, had holidays with those neighbors. Would you believe them regardless of what anyone in the media has to say? Especially when they have an agenda?

And by definition a "Realist" is a person who tends to view or represent things as they really are. Meaning you can cover it up with news articles, or co-workers who need to be on Rodgers side, spin media stories anyway that you want. It doesn't change your personal view on how things are unless they show more actual unbiased evidence than what you possess.

This is the Rodgers I know. Down 17... Offense has a huddle.... Who is running it John Kuhn. Who's in it? Richard Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, James Jones, Abbrederis, Cobb... Ohh wait every skilled offensive position player except two guys. Ohh that's right. Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams.

Lets fast forward a few seconds... Our fearless leader must be busy planning out the next drive or changing something on offense that he can't be here.

Ohh wait here is staring blankly at the jumbotron...

I would expect nothing else from him to be honest. This is the Aaron I know. Doesn't take away from his greatness at quarterback, his ability to throw on the run. Or some of the completely amazing things I have seen him do.

But if you try to convince me he is a "leader" HAHA.

You could make the case he was listening in on the side... From what I can tell he was at least 5 feet away staring at the board when this was happening. And in the video you can clearly see an assistant walk between Abby and where Rodgers would have to be. So maybe he was close but there was absolutely space, and he wasn't part of the huddle. But close doesn't count for "leader".

EDIT: To curb it back a little for possibility sake... It is possible he wasn't invited. It is possible they wanted only skill players. That they felt Rodgers level of play didn't need to be addressed. But it doesn't change my view that a leader steps in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts