HOUSTON COMES TO TERMS WITH WILLIAMS

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
rabidgopher04 said:
I seriously hope not...

Are you kidding me?!

If the Pack can nab Bush I would throw a freaking party. There are plenty of good linebackers in this draft. Reggie freaking Bush recieving passes from Brett ****ing Favre!?!??! COME ON! THATS EXCITING!!

Don't hold back there buddy!

Tell us EXACTLY what you feel!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie Bush does not have "off the field problems." Off the field problems means drug problems or problems with the law. His parents ****** up with the house thing. It doesn't show anything about his character or football playing.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how the balls would that be possible... its one or the other our defense is looking better already, and we need help on offense. draft reggie, and draft greenway in the second round

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greenway won't last till the second round, although that would be ideal. I'm thinking it would be best just to get Hawk, even though Bush is very tempting.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
Trade up for Bush. Are you kidding me? Hawk makes us better next year. Bush makes us better fo r the 6 years after that.

Long-term a linebacker like Hawk is a safer investment than a running back like Bush.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Packnic said:
tell barry sanders a line backer is a safer investment

I was thinking the same thing.

BARRY SANDERS!!

You guys know jus what to say around me ;)

I'd like to tell Barry Sanders a lot. He's my only left living role model. When he flipped his SUV years ago I (in a hetero way) freaked out.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
So Reggie Bush is suddenly the next Barry Sanders?

From what I've seen of him, he reminded me of Barry Sanders with his moves but with a Travis Williams like acceleration.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Barry Sanders is one the greatest players to ever put a pair of shoulder pads on. You're expecting way too much out of Bush to even put him in the same sentence as Sanders.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Packnic said:

Barry Sanders is one the greatest players to ever put a pair of shoulder pads on. You're expecting way too much out of Bush to even put him in the same sentence as Sanders.

I agree with you emphatically on Barry Sanders. He IS my all time favorite Running Back.

If there was ANOTHER Barry Sanders in the making, it IS this guy Bush.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is the closest to Barry Sanders that we've seen in some time...I'm very torn on this...don't want another tony mandrich moment tomorrow if the pack have a shot at Bush.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Packnic said:

Very true. Barry Sanders was and is the greatest athlete EVER! ;)

musccy said:
Bush is the closest to Barry Sanders that we've seen in some time...I'm very torn on this...don't want another tony mandrich moment tomorrow if the pack have a shot at Bush.

You can say he's the closest all you want, but that doesn't mean he is CLOSE at all!

I think LaDanian Tomlinson is closer to Barry than Reggie. LT is far superior as a recieving RB though.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zero...Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, any olympic champ decathlete, Jordan...all much better athletes than Barry Sanders

and LaDanian is nothing like Barry...Barry was an elusive sporadic home run hitting back...LaDanian is much more conventional

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
mattresell said:
Trade up for Bush. Are you kidding me? Hawk makes us better next year. Bush makes us better fo r the 6 years after that.

Long-term a linebacker like Hawk is a safer investment than a running back like Bush.

This statement assumes Hawk is not the next Katzenmoyer. Agreed, neither is a sure thing, but you can't tell me Bush doesn't have the most intriguing talent to enter the draft in the past 10 years.

The fact is, Green is on a 1 year deal and on the wrong side of 30. If we don't get a rb this year, we will have to next year. If Bush is there for the taking, he'll be of great value next year.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
mattresell said:

This statement assumes Hawk is not the next Katzenmoyer. Agreed, neither is a sure thing, but you can't tell me Bush doesn't have the most intriguing talent to enter the draft in the past 10 years.

The fact is, Green is on a 1 year deal and on the wrong side of 30. If we don't get a rb this year, we will have to next year. If Bush is there for the taking, he'll be of great value next year.

If running back is a need next year then we can always draft one then. Maybe somebody like Adrian Peterson declares. I think Hawk could legitimately be the best player in this draft class, and I hope he is the Packer pick tomorrow.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great call mattresell...

ahman is already 30, Bush is a long term back in the making, and comes in immediately and helps, where he can.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Toronto Cheesehead,

I respect your opinion. I love Hawk too and would be more than happy with either Bush or Hawk. I guess it all comes down to one's opinion on Bush. If yo just think he's going to be a good back, sure you could pass on him. If you think he's going to be a Marshall Faulk type, if not better, than you've got to take him. I happen to think the latter, therefore, I advocate moving up for Bush. But staying at #5 and getting Hawk is desirable too.

The only bad thing that can come form this is if NO and NYJ switch, then NYJ takes Bush and NO takes Hawk. That leaves us with Brick. Not bad, but definitely not one of my top choices.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Hawk and Bush are unobtainable, we trade the pick to the Cardinals who want Ferguson, and we take the next linebacker Sims or Greenway depending on who the Packers like better, and we get an extra pick or two. I will be saddened if we end up with Ferguson although I do think he can be a solid player, he just isn't a game changing type of player.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I think if Hawk and Bush are unobtainable, we trade the pick to the Cardinals who want Ferguson, and we take the next linebacker Sims or Greenway depending on who the Packers like better, and we get an extra pick or two. I will be saddened if we end up with Ferguson although I do think he can be a solid player, he just isn't a game changing type of player.
Pace-Won Super Bowl
Ogden-Won a Super Bowl
W. Jones-Got to a Super Bowl
Gallery-Has played up to his potential

All the LTs with equal hype as of late have lived up to the hype. I'd rather see Hawk or a trade down here, but Brick would not be an awful pick.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to rain on everybody's parade but I would like to see the Pack stay at 5 and draft Hawk. I Think Hawk brings something to the team that is missing an intensity. That is the kind of thing that is contagious and can't be taught.

While Bush may be great I think Hawk is a rock just the same. Bush scares me a little. Arguments are all over the place with this guy. Some think he is great and some think he will be Ki-Jana Carter. I am somewhere in between. I think he will be a very good Running Back but not Hall Of Fame material.

Right now our backfield is set. There is not enough room for Bush and linebacker is a spot that is desperatly needed on this team. I do not want some 3rd round LB as the talent after Greenway drops way off.

I honestly think that Hawk would be a better team fit down the road then Bush will be. While Bush may make flashy plays on offense, Hawk will transform this defense into a unit of high intensity, tough as nails, smashmouth guys. Just my thoughts but I cannot question anyone who wants Bush either.

Members online

Latest posts