Houston biffs it in the clutch

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those who want the #1 pick in the draft (whether it be for trade value, or the player who's name I won't mention), Houston let Baltimore march right down the field in the last minute to let baltimore win.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure looks like the Pack will be getting the #2 through 5 pick so the Bush chase seems to be slipping away.

I still believe we need a top flight RB as a first pick.

If the Packers decide to nab Leinart instead I wonder what value Rodgers has on the market for trade value because the RB position should be the next priority. The second pick which would be early in round 2 could be used for defence.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
califPacker...this is being mentioned on another thread, but you have to wonder if it's worth giving Rodgers some more P.T. to see what he's got.

As you say, it looks like Linehart will fall in the Pack's lap!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Musccy, it is a tough call. I saw alot of Rodgers in PAC-10 play and believe he has the ability and tools to be a very good NFL QB. So you would think the Packers Management would put him in some game situations to get a feel for his talent before figuring who to pick.

Makes me wonder what is going through TT's mind right now...

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we were in a position to win from what I understand (I didn't get to see the game because I live in MN and the Vikings were playing at the same time) so I would much rather have Brett Favre in than Aaron Rodgers.

In fact, most games we are in some position to make a comeback or win until the very end. Any team would keep their first string QB in the game in a situation like that. There really hasn't been many game situations where you can rest your starter and let the rookie play. Sherman would be criticized way more if we lost with Aaron Rodgers in the game than with Brett.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right rabid...If MS put Rodgers in today, TT would have called a press conference by now to can MS tonight.

I too want to see Rodgers, but the opportunities just haven't presented themself. But at the same time, w/ AT LEAST a top 5 pick coming up you really need to know what you have!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's developed Rodgers at Cal? I can't think of his name but I saw a list of players that he coached and all were solid college players but none turned out in the NFL. I'm afraid that Rodgers will turn out like Joey Harrington. I hope I'm wrong on that one and I very well could be...just wanted to add that in case some wanted to fly off the handle at me. haha

If Bush is gone with the first overall pick and the Packers could draft Leinart, do it and trade Rodgers. OK, start the bashing now...

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Who's developed Rodgers at Cal? I can't think of his name but I saw a list of players that he coached and all were solid college players but none turned out in the NFL. I'm afraid that Rodgers will turn out like Joey Harrington. I hope I'm wrong on that one and I very well could be...just wanted to add that in case some wanted to fly off the handle at me. haha

If Bush is gone with the first overall pick and the Packers could draft Leinart, do it and trade Rodgers. OK, start the bashing now...

Hey ND, I concur. Take Leinart. Trade Rodgers and grab a RB or standout defensive player because Green Bay will have a high 2nd round pick.

As much as I liked Rodgers, Leinart is in the same mold as Carson Palmer and they are both better than Rodgers.

Bottom line. Get some outstanding talent to Green Bay while we have these high picks.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly...I can see someone giving a third rounder for Rodgers...Draft Matt Leinart from USC and take D'Angelo Williams with the second round pick. After that, take defense, defense, and add another O-Lineman in there somewhere. Pick up a couple of mid-level free agents and the Pack may be back on top in no time IMHO.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers pick 4 on down i see us going with defense. I would hope we take AJ Hawk or jr. Mario Williams. Both of these players could have a direct impact on our defense.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
If the Packers pick 4 on down i see us going with defense. I would hope we take AJ Hawk or jr. Mario Williams. Both of these players could have a direct impact on our defense.

AJ Hawk or trade down

my friend who's a jets fan was getting all pumped cause the texans were winning, i was like, they're 1-10 for a reason...well now 1-11

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Exactly...I can see someone giving a third rounder for Rodgers...Draft Matt Leinart from USC and take D'Angelo Williams with the second round pick. After that, take defense, defense, and add another O-Lineman in there somewhere. Pick up a couple of mid-level free agents and the Pack may be back on top in no time IMHO.

Very good deal we take Rodgers with a 1st rounder and one year after we trade him for a 3 rounder..... Then we can all bash TT.... I dont see that coming and if it comes I will grade TT´s first draft with a D-

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first off, rodgers hasn't gotten a chance to show his stuff. jeff tedford coached him and no he doesn't have a good track record when his guys get to the nfl.

like chamuko said, take rodgers in the first, then hope to trade him for a pick in the 3rd? stupid. leinart has his skeptics too.

ND Pack- No way d. williams is available with the 2nd rd pick. if we can't get reggie, we better take williams or i'll end up pissed at yet another draft.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Very good deal we take Rodgers with a 1st rounder and one year after we trade him for a 3 rounder..... Then we can all bash TT.... I dont see that coming and if it comes I will grade TT´s first draft with a D-

And I'm sure that grade would really keep TT up nights.

Face it, if you think you can get a franchise QB, you take him, I don't care who you drafted last season. If you can only get a 2nd round pick for Rodgers, big deal, especially if you think Leinart is the future and you think Rodgers isn't. That being said, I'm pretty sure we'll win at least one more of our remaining 3 games to take us out of the Bush, Leinart and Young sweepstakes and permitting us to trade down to get more picks which is truly what this team needs.

Members online

Latest posts