House vs Williams...easy/tough/doesn't matter...

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward was only targeted twice in 2014 playing outside and allowed two receptions for 38 yards though.

It´s important to re-sign Tramon Williams as the Packers wouldn´t have to spend an early draft pick on a CB capable of starting immediately.

I like Tramon back as well. But I also think that playing Hayward outside is the best option if he leaves.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Tramon back as well. But I also think that playing Hayward outside is the best option if he leaves.

To be fair Hayward was pretty impressive playing on the outside in 2012 intercepting four passes on 17 targets. But he was beat deep quite often though as he allowed 181 receiving yards on only six receptions.

I agree Hayward would be the best option if Tramon signs somewhere else but I wouldn´t feel really comfortable about it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EVERYONE LISTEN VERY VERY CLOSELY.....

HAYWARD IS NOT A OUTSIDE CB.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? He has actually played outside occasionally and has looked ok doing so. Granted, he seems best suited to a role in the nickel where his instincts allow him to make more plays in the quick/short passing game but there's no reason to think he won't be a serviceable corner on the outside.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOW DO YOU KNOW? He has actually played outside occasionally and has looked ok doing so. Granted, he seems best suited to a role in the nickel where his instincts allow him to make more plays in the quick/short passing game but there's no reason to think he won't be a serviceable corner on the outside.

I don't claim to know 100% but captain (below) summed up my thoughts pretty much.

To be fair Hayward was pretty impressive playing on the outside in 2012 intercepting four passes on 17 targets. But he was beat deep quite often though as he allowed 181 receiving yards on only six receptions.

I agree Hayward would be the best option if Tramon signs somewhere else but I wouldn´t feel really comfortable about it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't claim to know 100% but captain (below) summed up my thoughts pretty much.

Eh, a rookie corner giving up some deep passes while playing with some pretty poor safeties seems like something that should improve as the player gets more experience and better deep help. Remember, in 2012 Woodson broke his collarbone and missed a bunch of games.

D

Deleted member 6794

Eh, a rookie corner giving up some deep passes while playing with some pretty poor safeties seems like something that should improve as the player gets more experience and better deep help. Remember, in 2012 Woodson broke his collarbone and missed a bunch of games.

While that´s true there´s no denying Hayward´s rookie season was by far his best.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I was hoping he'd be back for a reasonable salary, I thought 2 for 8 was a good deal for for him and us. Guess he got a better one elsewhere. Funny how this league works. Last year our DB's were a position of strength, now I'd say it's pretty thin and average, bordering on weak.

I guess it leaves us lots of options in the draft :) we could see ILB, DB, DL in any round, numerous times even

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We arent aware of the guaranteed amount in the deal yet but giving a #2 corner a three year $21 milion deal on his 32nd birthday screams "overpaid".

Sometimes its the deals you don't make. As Kenny Rogers would say, "You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree there was no reason to pay Tramon that amount but unfortunately it appears the Packers are continually doomed to always be in a poor position on the defensive side of the ball.

It seems we are basically in a position where we have our fingers crossed and pray that ILB, CB and DT will miraculously be fixed through the draft and the remaining **** poor free agents.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the last garaunteed money contract hell ever sign. Hope he got enough to finish feathering his best for "forever". Thanks for his time in GB!!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree there was no reason to pay Tramon that amount but unfortunately it appears the Packers are continually doomed to always be in a poor position on the defensive side of the ball.

It seems we are basically in a position where we have our fingers crossed and pray that ILB, CB and DT will miraculously be fixed through the draft and the remaining **** poor free agents.

It is not the best scenario by any stretch but I think this news does lead TT to make sure Raji is back and entertain Guion for cheap. Don't rule out a Red Bryant type signing either. TT won't freak but I see DT the one position we can "fix" prior to draft easily. I also think we can semi-fix or bandage the ILB position enough to allow TT flexibility to go CB with 1st pick and ILB with 2nd.

Pennel = Needs to be BEASTLY for us if we don't pick up a DT not named Raji or Guion.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not the best scenario by any stretch but I think this news does lead TT to make sure Raji is back and entertain Guion for cheap. Don't rule out a Red Bryant type signing either. TT won't freak but I see DT the one position we can "fix" prior to draft easily. I also think we can semi-fix or bandage the ILB position enough to allow TT flexibility to go CB with 1st pick and ILB with 2nd.

Pennel = Needs to be BEASTLY for us if we don't pick up a DT not named Raji or Guion.

I am not overly concerned at this exact moment, but due to the continual defensive failure over the past few years, I am just a bit skeptical. But you never know maybe someone unknown will step up and get the job done.

H

HardRightEdge

Hayward is a zone player without top end speed. At least there a couple of decent safeties behind him.

Members online

Latest posts