1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hottest summer and coldest winter you remember?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this summer ranks right up there but the hottest summer has to be last year or 1988. I wont forget that one, every day it was 90 from June to August. The coldest winter I remember has to be 93-94 I believe. It was like -35 one day. What would you people from Wis say it is for you?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    This right up there for hot summer..We been in upper 90's it seems like forever..

Prob coldest would be same time as you..I know for like 2 or 3 days in a row it was -20 or -25 WITH OUT WIND CHILL...

I had to change a gas line on my wifes car ( is now ex wife) was one of those rubber lines and it had a huge crack in it..

3. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hahaha you act like Michigan is on the other side of the world from Wisconsin. I'm sure the hottest and coldest here are the same for you. :wink:

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I remember back around 1984 or 85, it was 27 below zero. Surprisingly my car started. So we went around jumping other people's cars so they could get going. You couldn't stay out for more then a few minutes, for fear of frostbite.
    Then, back in i think 1981 or 82, i was working for the Milwaukee Sentinel, and i had to work Christmas. It was 60 degrees out! Of course, a within a few days it was back to "normal" and bitter cold.

5. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Summer of 1988 living in Chicago. Nothing like an entire summer in excess of 90 degrees every day...and all that blacktop, concrete, steel and glass to make it even worse.

Winter of 1979 in N. Wisconsin. First year living there and we had like a 2.5 week stretch where it never rose above -40 or so with the windchill.

6. Tylaa

Tylaa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Global Warming

Nuff said

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The coldest and snowiest winter was 95-96. I was snowed in twice that year. We also had ice out on the lake into june.

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So far this is the hottest summer here in the Missoula area since records have been kept. Since June 21st. we have had 36 days above 94 degrees and 11 days above 100. Put in the 5 days in May we had above 90 and it has been warm. BTW, its 95 right now, so add another day to the total.

Coldest winter............I don't remember, but anytime it gets below -35 it frigging cold. The past few winters have been mild...not many days below 10 below zero and an average amount of snow. In '95-96' we had a terrible winter. On Feb. 1st the snow depth at our house was 71 inches and I remember the whole darn month of January was below zero. We had a total of 165 inches of snow that winter. 25 miles from us,up at Lolo Pass, on that date there was 15 feet of snow.

9. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The winter of 95-96 was a bad one here too. I remember there was still ice on Lake Michigan in mid may after that winter on the beach in Ludington.

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To me living in WI for 36 years, the winters were always cold, now that I am living in CA I get cold when the temp is 60...but been told its blood thinning from the two different climates. This summer in Southern CA its been the warmest with temps in the triple digits..

I still miss WI, great people, great country roads and family...

11. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You are all pussies! :)

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, pussy would describe me...LOL

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It seemes to of been a hot summer right across the country. We also had the dryest June and July on record. Here in Manitoba every winter is cold and I love it. I love winter games. My first Pcacker game was a Dec evening game which was actually not bad. This year I took the evening games against Vikings in Dec. A little flask will warm you right up