Hot Take Thread

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the off-season, I'm in a tractor going 4.1 mph, and I'm bored as all get out...so it's HOT TAKE TIME! Fight me if you don't want this thread mods.

#1. Reggie Gilbert is our #3 Edge and gets 5+ sacks.

#2. Jaire Alexander is our #1 CB by the end of the year (not a fiery super hot take)

#3. McCray is our starting RG and performs well.

#4. Herb Waters makes the roster over either Rollins or House.

#5. We end the year with a top 15 defense.

#6. Aaron Jones is RB1 and has over 1000 yards rushing.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
For a thread calling itself Hot Takes I was expecting something a bit more spicy.

Those all are reasonable goals that could happen. I have this feeling Alexander is going to be quite a beast if King really steps up... Watch out we got the next Legion of Boom on our hands.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a thread calling itself Hot Takes I was expecting something a bit more spicy.

Those all are reasonable goals that could happen. I have this feeling Alexander is going to be quite a beast if King really steps up... Watch out we got the next Legion of Boom on our hands.
The last sentence earned the "funny" tag. The rest I'm on board with lol.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the off-season, I'm in a tractor going 4.1 mph, and I'm bored as all get out...so it's HOT TAKE TIME! Fight me if you don't want this thread mods.
I was actually thinking of doing something similar but was waiting for closer to training camp when the 53 comes out of the 90 signed.
#1. Reggie Gilbert is our #3 Edge and gets 5+ sacks.
#2. Jaire Alexander is our #1 CB by the end of the year (not a fiery super hot take)
#3. McCray is our starting RG and performs well.
#4. Herb Waters makes the roster over either Rollins or House.
#5. We end the year with a top 15 defense.
#6. Aaron Jones is RB1 and has over 1000 yards rushing.
Agree with #2, 3, & 5. #1, 6, & 4 are a stretch. I like Gilbert but think he'll not get the opportunities as #5 OLB. Draft status will hinder his chances. Jones may be #1 but RBC will lower his totals. Waters is this seasons poster boy for the Samkon Gado teatment.
A) McCray beats out Kafi Amichia (who most have forgotten about) for the RG spot. Madison winds up on PS for his redshirt season. I think Spriggs is tolerable at RT. Unfortunately injuries ruin all these plans.
B) Alexander is the PR. Mike Prior and Darren Sharper were starting DBs that did it along with Hyde.
C) Montgomery doesn't have a spot on this roster. Neither does Davis.
D) Allison and Graham have similar numbers - within 15% of each other.
E) Kizer and Hundley are both on the roster as both look really good in the preseason.
F) Donnerson starts out hot with two multi-sack games before the bye before disappearing from the stat sheet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
EQB cracks the starting rotation and heads turn as nobody can believe he was a 6th round pick. Mark Lovat asks EQ's dad for some tips on teaching strength and conditioning and by years end, Brown is in the talks for rookie of the year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
EQB cracks the starting rotation and heads turn as nobody can believe he was a 6th round pick. Mark Lovat asks EQ's dad for some tips on teaching strength and conditioning and by years end, Brown is in the talks for rookie of the year.

If ESB makes it into the lineup, I see no reason why he shouldn’t be in the OROY discussion. He’s talented, fairly polished, has pro system experience, and Rodgers will be throwing him the ball.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let’s see... of all things unlikely what do I find to be most likely.

Jason Spriggs begins the season at RT and never looks back— Wally Pip’s Bulaga.

That’s all I have for now. I’ll post them as they come to me.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer will be thrown into the fire temporarily and perform lights out, ala Rodgers vs. Dallas his first real playing time.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jamaal Williams is going to be our starter, not Aaron jones.

Geronimo Allison doesn’t make the roster.

House doesn’t make the roster.

Montravius Adams plays like a fringe pro bowler.

We start 3 rookies on defense.

Rollins gets switched to FS and thrives in a backup role

Packers play vs Raiders in the Super Bowl.

We keep 7 each of wrs and cbs

Cbs: King, Jackson, Alexander, Williams, Pipkens, Waters, Hawkins.

WrS: Adams, Cobb, Moore, ESB, Davis, Clark, Scantling.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ESB makes it into the lineup, I see no reason why he shouldn’t be in the OROY discussion. He’s talented, fairly polished, has pro system experience, and Rodgers will be throwing him the ball.
Because this was an amazing year for RBs. I'm expecting if Barkley is healthy to set rookie records and run away with the award. Guise, Penny, and Jones will do very well also. Then at least 1 of the QBs will make some noise. The odds of a WR winning it is pretty slim, even if a very high pick. Now if you want to say he will be one of the top rookie WRs, that I can see.

1. EQSB will be in the top 5 for rookie WRs by yardage
2. Packer defense will double their INT total.
3. Packer defense will be top 10
4. Spriggs will start 8 games at ROT and win the starting job going forward.
5. Biegel earns playing time and gets 6 sacks
6. Packers beat Minny twice and win the division 12-4
7. Jones is our #1 rb and goes over 1,000 yds. William's has 600 yds.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Because this was an amazing year for RBs. I'm expecting if Barkley is healthy to set rookie records and run away with the award. Guise, Penny, and Jones will do very well also. Then at least 1 of the QBs will make some noise. The odds of a WR winning it is pretty slim, even if a very high pick. Now if you want to say he will be one of the top rookie WRs, that I can see.

1. EQSB will be in the top 5 for rookie WRs by yardage
2. Packer defense will double their INT total.
3. Packer defense will be top 10
4. Spriggs will start 8 games at ROT and win the starting job going forward.
5. Biegel earns playing time and gets 6 sacks
6. Packers beat Minny twice and win the division 12-4
7. Jones is our #1 rb and goes over 1,000 yds. William's has 600 yds.

Yeah I don’t think he’d win it, but if he took the starting job, I can see him in the conversation.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- All three rookie WR's make the lineup
- Rodgers throws for over 50 TD's
- King, Alexander, Jackson are the top 3 CB's by end of the year (not saying much considering the others, but I think they'll be great)
- Kizer named back up, puts on a Matt Flynn show on the Lions as we rest our starters for the last game.
- Packers beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a top FIVE defense
Cobb will lead the team in receptions
This will be Crosby's last year here (hopefully I'm wrong)
Kendricks will double his production in 2018 from his 18 catches, 200 yards, and 2 TD's from 2017
For the 4th year in a row no running back will eclipse 800 yards. Not hot enough for you? No running back will go over 700
Aaron Rodgers will decline some, but unlike recent teams the rest of the roster will finally pick him up
Montgomery will play at both running back and receiver. He won't be just a 1 position guy.
The defense will be better than the offense

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers defense will not be a top 10 defense.
Rodgers does not play in all 16 games.
Packers don't win the division.
Kizer makes the team, Hundley is cut.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
None of those are hot takes. Stupid Minnesotans.
It's OK, Viking fans realize that Cousins will go down in the preseason and when they turn to Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum....Trevor Siemian will step in show everyone why Denver traded him away for a 5th round pick. :coffee:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only rookie receiver that makes the roster will be Moore.

Burks will barely play this season

Alexander will be the Packers 4th best CB this year

Both Kizer and Hundley make the team

Perry will play in 15 games this year

Wilkerson is solid but ends up being an afterthought next to Clark and Daniels

The Packers end up with 5 Pro Bowlers, (Clark, Daniels, Perry, Ha Ha and King), on defense and finish top 10-15

Jones doesn't beat out Brice and is regulated back to a hybrid role one dime package.

Jimmy Graham is absolutely loved by people for 600-700 yards receiving and 8 TDs because hes listed as a TE

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Part deux:
G) Jackson gets flagged for more defensive holding calls than the rest of the team combined. Incidental and "you've got to be kidding" type lead the way as he has a reputation and the officials will not give him the benefit of doubt ever.
H) Tramon ends the season as the nickel / single high safety back as Pettine rolls with a 6 DB regular defense to cover the injuries.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part deux:
G) Jackson gets flagged for more defensive holding calls than the rest of the team combined. Incidental and "you've got to be kidding" type lead the way as he has a reputation and the officials will not give him the benefit of doubt ever.
H) Tramon ends the season as the nickel / single high safety back as Pettine rolls with a 6 DB regular defense to cover the injuries.

I’ll give it to you, pretty hot take and I would be really surprised considering Jackson is really clean in coverage and has a rep for not being grabby. Alexander on the other hand I could see because he’s been known to put his hands on wrs a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts