Horrid officiating for a super bowl.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weak holding call on the Seahawks followed by
obvious hands to the face by the Steelers that allowed the sack followed by a BS call on Hasselback following the pick.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think that this will go down as the worst officiated game in NFL history period. I mean I am now an official hater of the Steelers and that whole organition. Not a big fan of the NFL right now either

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When do the Refs get their checks from the Pittsburgh Steeler football organization...?

What's the phone number for the Seattle Police Department....????

I want to report a **** in Detroit, Michigan...

Pittsburgh should be embarassed to accept the Lombardi trophy after the game...

What an "effin" joke....

disgraceful...

(They should hang their heads in shame.....)

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add a couple of illegal contacts downfield that should have been called against the Steelers. I was pulling for the Steelers but have to agree the officiating seemed one-sided.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolute BS...I expected a flag on the 75 yard pick too...they flagged every other key play for the 'hawks, why not that one?!? Absolute BS!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and oh yeah...Ben was NOT in on the TD...what a bunch of bull the whole game...a phantom hold on the pass to Engram down to the 2 as well (right before hasselbeck's pick)...the more I think about it, the more BS I recall.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Holy Schnikeeees...that was BAD!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben was in. You guys were just going for the Hawks. The only questionable calls were the holding penalties and the pass interference call.

OP
OP
Y

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add in the missed hands to the face on the sack before the interception. Watch the replay....
the Dlineman gave the center a facial to get loose for the sack.

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree - refs were one sided- terrible -The TD called back (michael irvin did alot worse and NEVER got called for it ). The pass to the 2 yd line called back. Every key play seattle made was called back. I don't think ben was in - and what about when the refs gave ben the TO when the play clock clearly ran out and should've been a delay of game penalty. And what about the play at the end of the 1st half . Jackson made a catch at the goal line and was ruled out of bounds . Did the ball cross the goal line BEFORE his 2nd foot landed out of bounds ? The play was never reviewed , and ABC never replayed the play. :chalflag:

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That delay of game penalty was correctly called. When the ref sees the 0 on the play clock, he has to look back at the QB and then if it's not snapped, then it's a penalty (because when it hits 0, the times technically not over, there's still almost a whole second left). He called timeout before they looked back at him. Madden and Michaels both said this.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohio...that was the correct call on the jackson pass at the end of the half...you still need to get two feet in, but you're right about the delay of game, I forgot about that one too...every key play for seattle had a penatly attached!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners win, that is what winners do.

We are going to hear all of it until next years Superbowl game is over.

People will bash Big Ben. "Oh ya! He was 9 of 21 for 123 yards and 2 INT's" People will say it was the ref's bad calls. People will say the NFL wanted "The Bus" to go out in glory becuase it was good theatre."

The Steelers now have One For The Thumb.

I would be intelectually challenged to not admire, wish, or wonder why they have FIVE and my Raidahhs and Packers have only Three.

Tonight, I give my cudos to the Steelers, their organization, and the good fans that they have.

Good on the Steelers, Good on Ward, Good on the Bus, Good on the new Super Bowl Champions, Good on Big Ben... All he has ever done is win.

I REPEAT.... ALL HE HAS EVER DONE IS WIN!

All anyone ever remembers is winners.

The Seahawks had the chance tonight to put this game away in the first 30 minutes but they choked. The great thing about choking in the Superbowl is no one ever remembers.

Do a CNN or FOX poll on who lost the Superbowl in 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002 and 80 % of Americans could not tell you.

Winners win. Winners are remembered.

Unless of course you become a habitual loser which is so sad but they tend to group together like water buffalo on the African tundra. I would say that 98% on Viking Fans were rooting for the Seahawks tonight.

There is a big party along the three rivers tonight and I say GOOD ON Steeler Fans.... Enjoy.

RP

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
ohio...that was the correct call on the jackson pass at the end of the half...you still need to get two feet in, but you're right about the delay of game, I forgot about that one too...every key play for seattle had a penatly attached!

Look at my comments on that. There's a reason why you don't get called sometimes when the time says 0. Jesus.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheaters fu**in' win too...RP...

(Just at look at professional boxing...)

(That's what you had here tonight....One step up from Professional Wrestling....)

(The Bus...what a joke!)

That Leavey ref is a scumbag....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel quite as strongly about this as Pack does...but he's right...a lot of calls KILLED seattle's momentum...in a superbowl, you do not call a ticky tack push off like that...or that hold on engram's pass..yadda yadda...

Pittsburgh still played a great game, took advantage of the opportunities, etc...but the steelers got a bit of a "push" from the refs too.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
musccy said:

Look at my comments on that. There's a reason why you don't get called sometimes when the time says 0. Jesus.

I didn't see your post 'til after I wrote my message...that was not how I understood the rule, but I'll trust you that you are correct.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
...in a superbowl, you do not call a ticky tack push off like that.

yeah you do. the seperation wouldn't have been there if not for the pushoff. you're simply not allowed to do that. if a wideout did that to Al Harris in the superbowl would you be ok with a non-call? nope.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
musccy said:
...in a superbowl, you do not call a ticky tack push off like that.

yeah you do. the seperation wouldn't have been there if not for the pushoff. you're simply not allowed to do that. if a wideout did that to Al Harris in the superbowl would you be ok with a non-call? nope.

it's a judgement call, but I do not think that gave him any significant advantage to catch the ball...very light in my opinion at least.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just gopt home (dont know how ohnestly) but yeah, bad officiating, and not one way or the other, bad on both sides. I want pitt to win, but both teams got some weird calls for and against them. ugh....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon TT-romadz...

I DEFY you to name one bad call that went against Pittsburgh....

Just one bad call....what was it???

You can't.....because their wasn't one.....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......the Packers were not in it.........so i'm not going to get that worked up about it! Maybe if it was against the Packers i would..........like how the Broncos CHEATED to win super bowl 32............they cheated on the salary cap and SHOULD have the title stripped from them and given to the Packers..............i'm STILL not over that!!! :wink:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why all the hate for the Steelers? Yes, the officiating sucked, but to mock Cowher and his team is juvenile at best.

From my view, Ben got the tip of the ball across the line by maybe an inch and was thrust back by the simultaneous hit. It was a TD.

The league has been calling interference tight for several years...on both the offense and defense. Hey, works both ways...he DID push off and gain seperation....and he got the flag he deserved.

The Hasselbeck block was a joke call, and the holding on Locklear could just as easily been ignored as called.

Beyond that, the Seahawks' WRs failed to stay inbounds on several critical plays, Alexander never go on track (hmmmmm...Alexander NOT playing big in a big game....a theme perhaps?), and Stevens was horrible.

Was the officiating bad, yes. But just the same, that is the nature of the game and ALL of you would take those breaks if they fell the Packers' way...so let's not be hypocritical here.

Staff online

Latest posts